Faizan89

ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING 221(G) EXPLAINED

36 posts in this topic

Hey are you currently residing in Canada? you have to wait and get your wife to contact a senator or congressman in her State. that won't really help but she'll get a response or any sort of update.

Hello fez, thanks for the info. I'm in AP for 2 months now and my ceac status neverer change from the start it's READY for the interview. You are right consul told me that I will get my visa within a month :(

Hello,

What i mentioned in my post is the worse case scenario. Every case is different so it all depends. A friend of mine was in the same situation as yours and finished his AP in 1 year and 3 months. he just moved to US.. so please don't worry and contact your consulate every few weeks asking for an update. If you would like to get faster replies from the consulate you can involve a congressman or senator of your State. it won't however speed up the process. I am really hoping it gets resolved soon.

My hubby is in pakistan and he was just put on administrative review, from reading what you posted are you telling me we may be apart for up to 5 more years not just 3 months like the letter stated. is there anything i can do?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Fez,

Do you mind to share your experience from your second interview? I was at the embassy today after 17 months of AP; after taking the finger print and oath, they said they need to review the documents again!

Did they tell you anything about approval of your case on the day of your second interview?

I appreciate you for sharing your experience!

Mehr

• 9 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm a new member on VJ. We had an interview in Montreal on Dec/18/2014. My husband is Canadian Citizend marrying to a US Citizen. He was given a 221g asking for court documents on the minor "stupid" case, which was dismissed almost 20 years ago. He submitted required court documents and his passport in Feb. They received the his paper work on Feb/5/2015 (as updated on the DOS) website. Few days ago, we saw them updated again on 03/24/2015 with the same status

"

Case Creation Date:

28-Mar-2014

Status Updated Date:

24-Mar-2015

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. As the officer told you in the interview, if further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved when administrative processing is finished, you will receive notification to collect the passport with the visa from the Loomis branch you selected when you booked your appointment".

If they said the processing "can take several weeks" would it be "several" weeks or it may drag on or months. We've been on AP since Feb/5 (almost 3 months) since we submitted the required paperwork to them. What does it mean when they update? and the status still say the same as " can take several weeks" does it mean the process start moving? I'm so confused.......if anyone going through similar situation, please kindly help to share the experience and. Thank you much.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

I'm a new member on VJ. We had an interview in Montreal on Dec/18/2014. My husband is Canadian Citizend marrying to a US Citizen. He was given a 221g asking for court documents on the minor "stupid" case, which was dismissed almost 20 years ago. He submitted required court documents and his passport in Feb. They received the his paper work on Feb/5/2015 (as updated on the DOS) website. Few days ago, we saw them updated again on 03/24/2015 with the same status

"

Case Creation Date:

28-Mar-2014

Status Updated Date:

24-Mar-2015

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. As the officer told you in the interview, if further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved when administrative processing is finished, you will receive notification to collect the passport with the visa from the Loomis branch you selected when you booked your appointment".

If they said the processing "can take several weeks" would it be "several" weeks or it may drag on or months. We've been on AP since Feb/5 (almost 3 months) since we submitted the required paperwork to them. What does it mean when they update? and the status still say the same as " can take several weeks" does it mean the process start moving? I'm so confused.......if anyone going through similar situation, please kindly help to share the experience and. Thank you much.

Simliar situation here, in AP for proof of domicile. I (petitioner) submitted lease, petitioner's job offer, school registration, received by consulate Feb 5. The case status updated a few times. Then March 15, I moved back to the US, and sent an email enquiry because I moved back to the US and reestablished domicile, my children started school, etc.

March 19, I received a reply saying my file is being reviewed. Same day and hour later, I received a request for information, and instruction to reply to the question via email. I replied within an hour.

One week later, March 25, I received an email acknowledgement saying "the consular officer will review the documents you submitted". The CEAC status check says the same "administrative processing".

Any thoughts or advice? My husband is a Canadian citizen.

The medical exam expires May 19. I am worried that the consulate will continue dragging its feet, and then say that the medical needs re-done. My husband is in a hotel in Toronto, awaiting return of his passport. I have to start work, and my job involves night and odd hours work, so I need another adult (i.e. my husband) at home to leave my elementary school children and go to my job.

Any advice welcome.

IR1 Visa for spouse, both of us lived in Canada

I-130: Nebraska Service Center- submitted Feb 3,2014, approved July 30, 2014.

NVC received: Aug 22 2014

Case number, IIN available: Sept 3 2014

DS-261 submitted: Sept 3 2014

AOS submitted via email: Sept 5, 2014 (received email receipt from NVS Sept 8)

AOS fee paid: Sept 4 2014

IV documents submitted via email: Sept 15 2014 (received email receipt from NVC Sept 18)

IV fee invoice received and IV fee paid: Oct 2 2014

DS-260 submitted: Oct 5 2014

Case complete Oct 31 (no checklist) Electronic processing; IV package emailed before IV invoice received

Interview scheduled Nov 13, 2014

Interview Dec 17, 2014- denied for proof of domicile- 221G

Jan 30 2015: proof of domicile sent

Feb 5; Feb 19- status updated on CEAC, still says Administrative processing.

March 13, 2015- US citizen spouse moved back to California, sent consulate confirmation that domicile now reestablished.

March 30, 2015 - email from consulate stating that they have adequate proof of domicile, still in AP.

Status updates (without enquiry from anyone): April 27, May 6, May 7, May 13

May 13- Ready

May 14 Issued.

POE May 15, 2015

ELIS fee paid May 30

Green card production ordered July 23

Green card received July 24

Timeline

Oh.....sorry for the confusion. The case creation date is still the same as March 28, 2014, only my case status was updated from Feb/5 - Mar/24 (without us inquire for anything). I've been reading on a lot of AP cases and the more I read the more I become confused because each case is different.

I wonder if it says the same for everyone as similar below format even for cases that drag on for 6months to a year or more.

"Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. As the officer told you in the interview, if further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved when administrative processing is finished, you will receive notification to collect the passport with the visa from the Loomis branch you selected when you booked your appointment"

How do I know if my AP is internal or mandatory? What is the length of time for internal AP vs. mandatory?

It looks like they're working on your case and hope you'll get out of AP soon. Please feel free to share or input comments/experience/advice.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Kle

Any update on your case? No change in mine, still says AP and email enquiry replies still say 'case is being reviewed."

I guess I'm just desperately looking for positive signs :cry:

IV documents submitted via email: Sept 15 2014 (received email receipt from NVC Sept 18)

Case complete Oct 31 (no checklist) Electronic processing; IV package emailed before IV invoice received

March 13, 2015- US citizen spouse moved back to California, sent consulate confirmation that domicile now reestablished.

March 30, 2015 - email from consulate stating that they have adequate proof of domicile, still in AP.

May 13- Ready

May 14 Issued.

POE May 15, 2015

ELIS fee paid May 30

Timeline

Mine still said the same as below:

"

Case Creation Date: 28-Mar-2014 Status Updated Date: 31-Mar-2015
Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. As the officer told you in the interview, if further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved when administrative processing is finished, you will receive notification to collect the passport with the visa from the Loomis branch you selected when you booked your appointment."
It's updated on March 31 because of our inquiry. :cry:

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hi!!

Any news on pending cases?? my husband has been on AP for 33 days, We don't know the reason, CO said "everything looks fine!" but she give him his passport back and told him to wait. Interview was in Montreal, He's Canadian Citizen but was born in Cuba. (we think this is why he got the 221g) However he's been more than 20 times in US as a tourist....

:clock:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Wow.. What an experience.

Although this thread is old, but deserves to be pinned.

I am also Canadian Pakistani. I have my fair share of such experiences entering US, or securing visa for India. But I never gave up.

I do hope I don't get put in Administrative processing since I have been living in US for last 5 years with thorough background checks on me before.

I simply can't afford staying away from my job for AP.

Timeline

Kle

Any update on your case? No change in mine, still says AP and email enquiry replies still say 'case is being reviewed."

Congratulation Sasstry and wish you all the best. Mine is still under AP :cry:

Timeline

My husband has been under AP since Feb/5 which was the date Montreal Consulate received my husband required document per 221g requested. After est almost 3 months, I emailed the Consulate if they need any other additional doc. they said no, not at this time. I waited until May, then I've to contact my local Congressman to send the inquiry to them. After est. 2 weeks later, a letter came from Visa Unit from Montreal requested additional doc. from my husband in regarding his employer's info. that when he used to work in US for the past 7 years. Every request, it takes a long time to process, I'm not sure if Montreal Visa Unit will be faster or if they're different dept. from Montreal Consulate? Does anyone go through this experience please help

Timeline

Kle

My husband' visa was issued May 14. The consulate phoned him, asking if he can pick up visa and passport himself, because the medical exam was expiring on May 20. So he drove to Montreal, picked up passport and visa and 'activated' the visa immediately at a nearby border crossing.

It took seven weeks after the consulate received the last set of documents, for visa to be issued.

Hope this helps. Sorry to hear that the visa is still under AP.

Congratulation Sasstry and wish you all the best. Mine is still under AP :cry:

May 13- Ready

May 14 Issued.

POE May 15, 2015

ELIS fee paid May 30

• 5 months later...
Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Me and my family had immigrant visa interview on Nov 10 2015 at Montreal. Officer ask to submit additional missing I-864A document form and issue us 221g white paper. He told that "Don't Worry, just send this document ".I sent that document on Nov 18 2015 via Loomis Courier and delivered on Nov 19 2015. When I check Visa Status on CEAC, it says

"Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. As the officer told you in the interview, if further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved when administrative processing is finished, you will receive notification to collect the passport with the visa from the Loomis branch you selected when you booked your appointment."

Here is what happened to our case

-10 Nov 2015- Interview at Montreal ( Issued 221g Additional Document Required I-864A)

-18 Nov 2015- Document submitted to Loomis Courier

-19 Nov 2015- Loomis Courier Delivered to US Consulate, Montreal

-24 Nov 2015- CEAC Status "Administrative Processing"

-03 Dec 2015- CEAC Status " Administrative Processing"

How long it takes time to change the status from "Administrative Processing" to "Issued".

How would I know that the document I have submitted is in order. Do I need to follow up at US Consulate Montreal about case.

What should I do? Please help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.