Niblet

Niblet just got hitched to his Pinay!!

169 posts in this topic

mods = trolls ?? Really?

Only some of them, the others are defenders of trolls.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Well no one has defended me,,I have been in VJ jail 3 times now!

I'm on my last legs,,,,

"Never Argue with an idiot, he will only bring you down to his level"

K1 Visa Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-03-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-07-28

Interview Date : 19 AUG 2013 cancelled due to flooding Sept 11 2013

Interview Result : Approved!

Visa Received : 18 Sept

US Entry : 26 Sept 2013

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 130 days from your NOA1 date.

Married 12-15-2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS- When I get the cash for it

A guy shouldnt have to go through all this hassle to bring a girl over

There are some real cool folks here on VJ, and that's the only thing that keeps drawing me back. I've sworn off the site at least 3 times now, due to management and other issues.

yeah I met Mr Dave,,He's cooljest.gif

"Never Argue with an idiot, he will only bring you down to his level"

K1 Visa Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-03-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-07-28

Interview Date : 19 AUG 2013 cancelled due to flooding Sept 11 2013

Interview Result : Approved!

Visa Received : 18 Sept

US Entry : 26 Sept 2013

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 130 days from your NOA1 date.

Married 12-15-2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS- When I get the cash for it

A guy shouldnt have to go through all this hassle to bring a girl over

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

There are some real cool folks here on VJ, and that's the only thing that keeps drawing me back. I've sworn off the site at least 3 times now, due to management and other issues.

Yup.... as the saying goes; Hard to soar like an eagle when surrounded by a flock of turkeys.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I'm on my last legs,,,,

Hang in there Nibby, I'll defend you. I haven't read anything you've posted that bothered me. Having said that, I'd like to see a wedding picture :)

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

I'm on my last legs,,,,

Worst I got here was double secret probation.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

The majority of states will no longer give a state ID or drivers license unless the applicant proves legal status through at least an EAD and for some states a green card. There are a few states that do not check, but not that many any longer.

Caryh,

I wanted to get my facts straight before I got back to you on this. Your state of MN does not require EAD or GC. They will issue a DL with a valid I-94 (as will most states). It is only after the I-94 expires that the EAD/GC is required as proof.

However, your state also will accept the I-797 as indicated below as proof of having filed for AOS (and therefore would not require an applicant to wait months or up to a year to be able to drive).

This from your DMV @ dvs.driverslicense@state.mn.us:

"Thank you for contacting Driver and Vehicle Services.

As long as she has an unexpired I-94 with an unexpired passport and her birth certificate she can use those documents to obtain a form of identification from Minnesota. If the I-94 is already expired, we will need at the very least a I-797/notice of action to accompany those documents, otherwise we cannot take it in as a primary document.

Sincerely,

Linda, Operator #57"

Per their documents procedures, the I-797 isn't accepted.

https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/dvs/forms-documents/Documents/IdentificationRequirements_English.pdf

I wouldn't want to bank on this, but the EAD is pretty quick to come. I-797 could be an approval, and could be an application. Doesn't look like they cleared up what the I-797 has to say in that email, and the DMV site says nothing about the I-797 that I've ever found.

The problem with getting a license on the I-94, is you cannot just get a license that fast if you're from the Philippines. Even if you drove there, you need to have a permit for at least 90 days before you can take the road test. This is a state law for everyone, unless you come with a valid drivers license from another state or approved country. Which essentially means your I-94 for a K-1 is expired before you can test. I do know the I-94 is good for a state ID, as we got my wife one using it.

Caryh,

I wanted to get my facts straight before I got back to you on this. Your state of MN does not require EAD or GC. They will issue a DL with a valid I-94 (as will most states). It is only after the I-94 expires that the EAD/GC is required as proof.

However, your state also will accept the I-797 as indicated below as proof of having filed for AOS (and therefore would not require an applicant to wait months or up to a year to be able to drive).

As long as she has an unexpired I-94 with an unexpired passport and her birth certificate she can use those documents to obtain a form of identification from Minnesota. If the I-94 is already expired, we will need at the very least a I-797/notice of action to accompany those documents, otherwise we cannot take it in as a primary document.

Sincerely,

Linda, Operator #57"

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Per their documents procedures, the I-797 isn't accepted.

https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/dvs/forms-documents/Documents/IdentificationRequirements_English.pdf

I wouldn't want to bank on this, but the EAD is pretty quick to come. I-797 could be an approval, and could be an application. Doesn't look like they cleared up what the I-797 has to say in that email, and the DMV site says nothing about the I-797 that I've ever found.

The problem with getting a license on the I-94, is you cannot just get a license that fast if you're from the Philippines. Even if you drove there, you need to have a permit for at least 90 days before you can take the road test. This is a state law for everyone, unless you come with a valid drivers license from another state or approved country. Which essentially means your I-94 for a K-1 is expired before you can test. I do know the I-94 is good for a state ID, as we got my wife one using it.

The I-797 is NOA, meaning you filed for AOS. (That's what we used). Is there an approval I-797? Cuz we didn't get one, just an appointment letter followed by a GC.

Once you get a permit with a valid I-94, and wait the requisite 90 days for persons over 18 (180 days if 18 or younger), I doubt the I-94 would be an issue, cuz when you go back, all you will have to show is the permit to get it upgraded to a DL.

The I-797 can say they got the application, an RFE, an approval, or a denial. All come on the same I-797 form. I think they stopped sending green card approvals on them for a while, then restarted again. I'm not sure of the current state of sending the i-797 approval notice for the green card.

But I know I'd be leery of counting on an email reply for the definitive answer to if I can use the green card NOA1, for a drivers license. I prefer to carry the actual publishe documents in to the DMV just in case. Although they always seemed to know what they were doing when my wife went through the process, and I had no need to prove her EAD qualified her for the license. When you get the state ID, permit or license, there is an immigration check date put on the license or permit. This is the actually expiration date of you I-94 or EAD. Once you get the green card, you can remove this date. In fact you must get it updated by the date because your license/permit is no longer valid without doing this. Basically until an immigrant gets their green card, their state ID, permit, and drivers license basically marks them as without a green card, and the expiration date.

The I-797 is NOA, meaning you filed for AOS. (That's what we used). Is there an approval I-797? Cuz we didn't get one, just an appointment letter followed by a GC.

Once you get a permit with a valid I-94, and wait the requisite 90 days for persons over 18 (180 days if 18 or younger), I doubt the I-94 would be an issue, cuz when you go back, all you will have to show is the permit to get it upgraded to a DL.

Edited by Caryh

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Caryh,

Sincerely,

Linda, Operator #57"

Ahhhh but according to operator #57 that will get you identification, not a DL. And I can believe they would give identification with the I-797 but again that is not a DL. ;)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.