Niblet

Niblet just got hitched to his Pinay!!

169 posts in this topic

Oh I forgot I need at least 1200.00 for a decent elliptical trainer so I can shed a few pounds

I make 6 figures a year and dont have 2 nickles to rub together,,,ohhhh the irony oops8rh.gif

Edited by Niblet

"Never Argue with an idiot, he will only bring you down to his level"

K1 Visa Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-03-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-07-28

Interview Date : 19 AUG 2013 cancelled due to flooding Sept 11 2013

Interview Result : Approved!

Visa Received : 18 Sept

US Entry : 26 Sept 2013

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 130 days from your NOA1 date.

Married 12-15-2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS- When I get the cash for it

A guy shouldnt have to go through all this hassle to bring a girl over

Just like someone who comes on a visitors visa, and doesn't leave, they are also legally out of status. Or someone on a student visa who isn't going to school, also out of status.

I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree. Until a USICS official tells me that what the previous USCIS folks told me is wrong, and that I misunderstand, I am going to stick to my guns. Not a huge deal, cuz we aren't pushing our luck, but I just don't see someone getting deported over this. Sure, I can see getting caught 5 years later, and being ordered to AOS soon, but a K-1 is NOT like a visitor nor a student visa. Those are issued with the understanding that the holder will leave again. Totally different.

After the Fiancé(e) Visa is Issued

Once issued, the fiancé(e) visa (or K-1 nonimmigrant visa) allows your fiancé(e) to enter the United States for 90 days so that your marriage ceremony can take place. Once you marry, your spouse MAY (does not say MUST) apply for permanent residence and remain in the United States while USCIS processes the application. For additional information, see the “Green Card” section.

Replies above.

In response to the later debate, there is no expiration as to when you can file for the AOS, but that should not be confused with your legal status in being here.

If there is no expiration, then it IS a legal status. If there were a limit, USCIS would outline it for the K-1 process. You can't tell me it's ok to not file for 2 months, 6 months, or 2 years, but that it's not a legal status. Either there is a time limit, or there isn't. Guess we'll never know for sure unless someone who got deported reports in here or a USCIS official comes in to enlighten us.

Well I have to pay 1,000.00 to get my tooth fixed,

then its 1,000.00 for Harley insurance,

then scrape up 1,000.00 for the green card

then 1,000.00 to get the driving license,,,,,,,

all next month,,,,anyone want to donate to the "Niblet fund"?

#######, OVER? $1,000 for a drivers license? You know this is the US, not the PI, right? No bribes needed m8.

I gotta go with Dave on this,,if there were a limit to file for an AOS,,then USCIS would define it.

since they dont, we have to conclude if its not illegal,,,then its legal,, Diba?

typical government buracreacy grey area,,,

go price private drivers ed,,, from start until license test and completion,,I bet I'm not too far

off on my 1K estimate

K1 Visa Event Date

I-129F Sent :

go price private drivers ed,,, from start until license test and completion,,I bet I'm not too far

off on my 1K estimate

Just put her up in that safe, secure, $68,000 truck and show her where the brake and gas is. The rest will come naturally, with you as he instructor. Why pay someone else to do what you can do for free?

she needs x number of hours of drivers ed,,,,,it aint cheap,,

I bought her a Honda Civic,,,,,,automatic

K1 Visa Event Date

I-129F Sent :

Wow, that seems kinda steep. Must be a WA thing. In AK, it's just a time thing... if under 16, certain # of hours with a licensed driver. If over, no time specified, just when ready to pass the test.

Filed: Timeline

AOS (GC) > Driver's license. It's not mandatory for drivers 18+ to take a driver's education course in WA (I'm teaching my wife to drive and we live in WA). The OP has his priority screwed up if he is even telling the truth, especially when he now talks about being able to buy her a car yet not able to pay for the AOS fee.

AOS (GC) > Driver's license. It's not mandatory for drivers 18+ to take a driver's education course in WA (I'm teaching my wife to drive and we live in WA). The OP has his priority screwed up if he is even telling the truth, especially when he now talks about being able to buy her a car yet not able to pay for the AOS fee.

my calf's are the size of most men's thigh and my feet look like a bushel of corn,,

and there is some parts of my anatomy that i havent seen in a decade

yeah your right,I screwed up,,,so kindly make a donationwow.gif

Edited by Niblet

K1 Visa Event Date

I-129F Sent :

my calf's are the size of most men's thigh and my feet look like a bushel of corn,,

and there is some parts of my anatomy that i havent seen in a decade

yeah your right,I screwed up,,,so kindly make a donationwow.gif

I'm glad that you can still use it even if you can't see it dead.gif

Replies above.

If there is no expiration, then it IS a legal status. If there were a limit, USCIS would outline it for the K-1 process. You can't tell me it's ok to not file for 2 months, 6 months, or 2 years, but that it's not a legal status. Either there is a time limit, or there isn't. Guess we'll never know for sure unless someone who got deported reports in here or a USCIS official comes in to enlighten us.

And what you keep ignoring is "and remain in the United States while USCIS processes the application". The "may" is there because you do not have to get a green card, the nonimmigrant can go home. You are confusing being able to get away with not filing when the I-94 and so that makes the K-1 legal. Out of Status, which you yourself called it, is not a legal status to be in while in the USA, it means you are deportable. You can get away with speeding, you can get away with running a stop sign or light to, that does not make it legal. People get away with doing things that are not legal all the time, but doing so does not make them legal. Any nonimmigrant entering the country gets a fixed maximum time in the USA, and that is on the I-94. The K-1 visa is no different. A visitor can enter and stay for years and never get deported. The difference is if the K-1 gets caught up with, they get the option to adjust status with a deadline, while the visitor will immediately go to deportation proceedings. The reason you don't see the married K-1s deported, is of course they're going to do everything they can to adjust status once ordered to do so.

You're the one who needs to stop spreading the false information that being in the country on a K-1 visa after the i-94 expires gives them some legal right to be here. The K-1 nonimmigrant visa only gave the right to enter the country to get married and adjust their status to a legal status. It never conferred the right to enter, get married and stay forever without adjusting status.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Cary

Hold on here,,Dave is not spreading false information, YOU are the one who is intrepreting the USCIS regulations in

your own words,, apparently you didnt read my previous post where I summed it up nicely even the most basic newbie can grasp

it: Out of status is not an ILLEGAL status,, therefore if its NOT illegal,,we can only surmise its LEGAL.

and as I said its a grey area induced by the USCIS because its a typical govt buracreacy.

they simply forgot or for some reason have NOT defined a timeframe for filing an AOS,,otherwise,,they would have given a deadline,

like they have for everything else

Pls show me on an official USCIS site where it tells me how much time I have to file an AOS for my recently married spouse.

If I never got around to filing one, the least that would happen is she couldnt work, nor could she leave the country,,,period.

Now I suppose if she commited some heinous crime, a judge may be able to deport her(because its a grey area) but,,

beyond that,,,she can stay here,,,

I would like to see them try and deport my wife because I dont have the cash to file AOS,,,,it aint happening

Edited by Niblet

K1 Visa Event Date

I-129F Sent :

Well I have to pay 1,000.00 to get my tooth fixed,

then its 1,000.00 for Harley insurance,

then scrape up 1,000.00 for the green card

then 1,000.00 to get the driving license,,,,,,,

all next month,,,,anyone want to donate to the "Niblet fund"?

I think you should add a set of breast implants(for yourself) to your list before you waste the money on a silly old green card.

Nope. As I tell people at work, your poor planning is not my problem. If you are being serious, you really need to learn to prioritize things.

He's not being serious. How could anyone who calls himself Niblet be serious? I mean seriously....

Cary

Hold on here,,Dave is not spreading false information, YOU are the one who is intrepreting the USCIS regulations in

your own words,, apparently you didnt read my previous post where I summed it up nicely even the most basic newbie can grasp

it: Out of status is not an ILLEGAL status,, therefore if its NOT illegal,,we can only surmise its LEGAL.

and as I said its a grey area induced by the USCIS because its a typical govt buracreacy.

they simply forgot or for some reason have NOT defined a timeframe for filing an AOS,,otherwise,,they would have given a deadline,

like they have for everything else

Pls show me on an official USCIS site where it tells me how much time I have to file an AOS for my recently married spouse.

If I never got around to filing one, the least that would happen is she couldnt work, nor could she leave the country,,,period.

Now I suppose if she commited some heinous crime, a judge may be able to deport her(because its a grey area) but,,

beyond that,,,she can stay here,,,

I would like to see them try and deport my wife because I dont have the cash to file AOS,,,,it aint happening

The period of stay for any nonimmigrant is controlled by the I-94 and the CBP, not USCIS. The period of stay is determined by CBP, they set the date at which any nonimmigrant must leave or they will be in an overstay situation. The only thing marriage does, is allow the nonimmigrant K-1 entrant the ability to adjust status to become an immigrant and legal permanent resident. Even though they marry, they are not required to file, they can return home if they wish. There is no special rules written into the law making an out of status K-1 any different than any other nonimmigrant who has overstayed their I-94, they are all out of status. None of them are considered an illegal immigrant because they entered legally, they just failed to leave when the I-94 expired. But all of them can be deported. That includes the K-1 entrant. Very few people living in the USA that are out of status are ever brought in and dealt with. But it can happen to a K-1, the difference being the K-1 will be given a time frame in which they must apply to adjust status. If they were legal, how could a judge order such a thing? Now if you decide you're still not going to pay the money to adjust status, yes she will be deported.

Your logic is because no one wrote a deadline to file the adjustment of status, therefore she has legal status is flawed. The only way to have legal status is to have a valid and current I-94, a valid and current green card, and valid and current application that may lead to a green card or extended stay.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/info/info_1298.html

Admission to the U.S. and your Duration of Stay

Upon arriving at a port of entry, the CBP official will determine the length of your visit.

Notice: New Electronic I-94 Process - A new electronic I-94 process at air and sea ports of entry was fully implemented by May 25, 2013. Under the new CBP process, a CBP officer will provide each admitted nonimmigrant traveler with an admission stamp on their passport. CBP will no longer issue a paper Form I-94 upon entry to the U.S., with some exceptions. Learn more on the CBP website.

On the admission stamp or paper Form I-94, the U.S. immigration inspector records either an admitted-until date or "D/S" (duration of status). If your admission stamp or paper Form I-94 contains a specific date, then that is the date by which you must leave the U.S. If you have D/S on your admission stamp or paper Form I-94, you may remain in the U.S. as long as you continue your course of studies, remain in your exchange program, or qualifying employment. The admitted-until date or D/S notation, shown on your admission stamp or paper Form I-94 is the official record of your authorized length of stay in the U.S. You cannot use the visa expiration date in determining or referring to your permitted length of stay in the U.S.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

I think you should auction off a testicle, should raise over 2 million dollars on eBay.

Darnell,

You mean 2 million pesos, don't you? Niblet admits he hasn't even seen parts of his anatomy in years. Sounds to me like he's already lost at least one, maybe both. hahaha

Mele Kalikimaka

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.