Kaylara

Monthly Transfer Spreadsheets in order

271 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I want to do something, but a video is not it. It needs to be strategic and correct, we need someone big on board or its just another letter...

Saying that, we should send a new letter anyway, just to show we are still thinking of them, and we know the promises they made!

"Something, but a video is not it." So what is it???

I-130 Sent: 11 November 2013

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

I-30 Received at NVC: 11 June 2014 (11 days in transit)

NVC Case # Assigned: 27 June 2014 (15 days to case number assigned)

DS-261 Completed: 15 July 2014 (18 days to DS-261 available)

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 17 July 2014

AOS Fee Bill Shows "Paid": 22 July 2014

AOS Package Sent Out:23 July 2014

AOS Package Recieved: 28 July 2014

DS-260 Completed: ?

IV Fee Bill Paid: ?

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

"Something, but a video is not it." So what is it???

Not sure, i need to think. Whats the rationale in doing a video? who would see it?

USCIS

August 22nd 2013: NOA 1

February 18th : Transferred to California

February 26th : NOA 2

March 3rd : NOA 2 Hard Copy

NVC

March 7th 2014: Case received by NVC

April 4th 2014: NVC Case# and IN #Received

xxxx: AOS Bill Invoiced & Paid

xxxx: AOS Bill showing paid

xxxx: AOS Packet sent (electronic)

Timeline

Obama is *not* giving citizenship to "illegal aliens" and I think that by trying to pitch that story, we will lose any support that we have from people on the Left, Moderates, and plenty of Republicans. The only ones you will appeal to are the Tea Partiers. I don't at all support that line of publicity, and don't want to participate in that in particular. As I've stated before, nothing good will come out of attacking either the President OR the DACA filers. The people whose feet need to be held to the fire are the upper management in the USCIS.

I have to take issue with this though. "we will lose any support that we have from people on the Left, Moderates, and plenty of Republicans." What support do we have from ANYONE, right, left, center, or on the moon? Which major media figure, group, or movement have you ever head discuss us or our plight in the last 10 years?

And why do you think anyone would care about the malfeasance of the lords of the USCIS, which they have never even heard about? I guarantee you if you ask 75% of people on the street who have never dealt with it they will not be able to tell you what the USCIS is or what it does. If you asked people who handles US immigration (id est which agency), probably 60% will not know and most of the other 40% will tell you the INS (which of course no longer exists).

Any publicity is good publicity. We need to raise awareness. Highlighting how the administration has favored unlawful immigrants over us is, IMO, an attention grabbing strategy that would at least let people know we exist, and that marrying a US citizen is nothing like "an instant Green card" to the US. We have almost nothing to lose, as it seems impossible to me that people could care less than they already do, or that in fact anyone would want to make things harder for us.

Edited by thedude6752000

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

Timeline

Not sure, i need to think. Whats the rationale in doing a video? who would see it?

The idea behind the video was to VERY quickly and efficiently introduce people to the main problem (USC alien spouses and kids waiting months and year to be reunited while illegal aliens quickly get granted status) and then introduce people to actual couples suffering separation. We could follow up with a more wonky video giving all of the facts and figures and a series of videos profiling the stories of different couples hurt by the USCIS. We would then put the videos on Youtube and other video sharing websites in an attempt to get them to go viral. Basically going to the American people after this country's institutions have failed so miserably to come to our aid.

The idea behind the video was to VERY quickly and efficiently introduce people to the main problem (USC alien spouses and kids waiting months and year to be reunited while illegal aliens quickly get granted status) and then introduce people to actual couples suffering separation. We could follow up with a more wonky video giving all of the facts and figures and a series of videos profiling the stories of different couples hurt by the USCIS. We would then put the videos on Youtube and other video sharing websites in an attempt to get them to go viral. Basically going to the American people after this country's institutions have failed so miserably to come to our aid.

The trouble is.... the average american doesn't care, they are facing their own problems, especially around money, and extra immigration will not help that...

USCIS

NVC

Timeline

The trouble is.... the average american doesn't care, they are facing their own problems, especially around money, and extra immigration will not help that...

That's not true. From all my experience, people are shocked to find that US citizens cannot get their spouses here in a timely manner (and even more shocked and, I dare so, outraged to find that it's easier to get a unlawful relative citizenship that it is to bring a spouse living in a foreign land to live with you, legally). People would be outraged if they knew the truth. The problem is that everyone thinks that marriage to a USC is an "instant Green card." It's this lie we have to break, after that the USCIS's game all comes tumbling down, since it realies on public apathy and indifference.

Edited by thedude6752000

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

That's not true. From all my experience, people are shocked to find that US citizens cannot get their spouses here in a timely manner (and even more shocked and, I dare so, outraged to find that it's easier to get a unlawful relative citizenship that it is to bring a spouse living in a foreign land to live with you, legally). People would be outraged if they knew the truth. The problem is that everyone thinks that marriage to a USC is an "instant Green card." It's this lie we have to break, after that the USCIS's game all comes tumbling down, since it realies on public apathy and indifference.

That`s so very true ...My parents and brothers in law just could not believe when we told them about the waiting time,Our families and friends think the entire thing should take no more than 6 months,people we know were outraged when i explained why i`m not with my husband.why ? cause like you said everyone thinks you get an instant Green Card once married to a USC.

I`m not saying USCIS should just give away approvals ,but waiting 9 + months just for the first stage,while i see others getting accepted in less than a month is just not fair .

This entire thing is robbing us from our sleep, it is making us very irritated and it is costing us allot of money ,Honestly you cannot expect loved ones to be apart for months even years :(

My English is not the best ,i do i do apologize if i said something out of place.

Izzy.

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

09/08/2013 - I-130 Priority Date
02/26/2014 - RFE
03/10/2014 - RFE sent
03/26/2014 - NOA2 date

04/08/2014 - NVC received
05/08/2014 - Case number assigned
05/12/2014 - DS-261 Completed
05/13/2014 - AOS paid
05/22/2014 - AOS pack sent
06/13/2014 - IV Paid,Finally!
06/14/2014 - IV pack sent
06/17/2014 - DS-260 completed
06/22/2014 - IV pack scan date
07/01/2014 - AOS checklist
07/02/2014 - Checklist Reply sent
07/09/2014 - Checklist scan date
08/22/2014 - Case Completed!

09/08/2014 - Case left the NVC
09/10/2014 - Case is ready
09/10/2014 - Interview letter received
10/20/2014 - Medical Appointment
10/29/2014 - Interview day ...

My whole family and everyone in my social circle is horrified that it's been taking this long, and many of them have told me that all I need to do is tell them how to help. And when I have explained my situation in the comments section on immigration stories online, I've actually gotten pretty much the SAME response. I don't need to be misleading, I just tell them the truth of my situation, and they agree and say it's wrong and something needs to be done to fix our immigration system so that we don't have these problems anymore.

I detailed what I thought was a good course of action in (I think) the March thread. I also think making more noise on social media will definitely help. I mean, I don't have a lot of twitter followers, but the ones I have include news people from Fox, CNN, MSNBC, a Former Ambassador, and several Immigration Lawyers. If we can get our stories out there properly, we can get the attention of people. I think we need to renew our efforts. Possibly agree on the hashtags to use, and get the word out. And I think that we also need to contact the people who respond to the USCIS on their social media, because the USCIS doesn't, and it WILL get more petitioners who are going through the same thing as us involved. Many of them have no clue what's going on, and are surprised and happy to know that there are efforts to try to improve the situation.

My other suggestion is a legal solution. If we want to really make it so that the USCIS is unable to do these things in the future, then we need to work on writing a bill that accomplishes exactly that. While many of the other bills about immigration are considered controversial, I truly believe that most Americans will be very much in favor of US Citizens bringing their Spouses, Fiancees, and Immediate Family Members to the US quickly.

3/25/2006 - Got Married

3/20/2013 - I130 Priority Date
11/6/2013 - Transferred to Nebraska
1/3/2014 - NOA2
1/6/2014 - Petition shipped to NVC
1/21/2014 - NVC Received
2/24/2014 - Case # & IIN
3/3/2014 - DS-261 Available and Submitted
3/4/2014 - AOS Fee Available and Submitted
3/5/2014 - AOS Fee Paid
3/6/2014 - Received AOS Coversheet and Payment Receipt
3/7/2014 - AOS Package Sent
3/10/2014 - NVC Receives AOS package
3/12/2014 - NVC Acknowledges receipt of AOS package
3/21/2014 - Triangle of Doom appears for IV package
3/24/2014 - IV Fee Available and Submitted
3/25/2014 - IV package overnighted to the NVC
3/26/2014 - IV Fee shows PAID
3/26/2014 - DS260 available & submitted
3/26/2014 - IV package delivered to NVC
3/26/2014 - False checklist for IV fee.
3/26/2014 - AOS documents accepted w/no checklists!
3/28/2014 - IV & DS260 logged into NVC System
4/10/2014 - Case Complete!

Interview Date: June 17, 2014

Approved at Interview!

POE Newark on 6/28/2014! He's finally home!

Got a pending I-130? Tired of waiting for something to happen? Let's make something happen: http://www.visajourn...ners-committee/

We need more Twitter followers:@USCI130Cmte

Join our Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/USGreencardpetitionerscommittee/

Timeline

I think most USC don't really care about the wait times it takes to get our spouses here. Most of the people I talk to (co-workers, friends, family, even strangers) will ask me when my husband is coming to live with me in the USA. When I explain the process the usual response is shaking of the head and why didn't you just marry someone here instead of from another country. Sometimes i just want to say.....oh well, you know, I planned it that way. I just love being miserable without my husband. Unless an American is going through this process personally or someone close to them is going through it, they just don't care. They have their own issues. And of course, there are also those people who see another immigrant admitted to this country as another job taken away from them. I really get sick of hearing that stupid excuse.

I think most USC don't really care about the wait times it takes to get our spouses here. Most of the people I talk to (co-workers, friends, family, even strangers) will ask me when my husband is coming to live with me in the USA. When I explain the process the usual response is shaking of the head and why didn't you just marry someone here instead of from another country. Sometimes i just want to say.....oh well, you know, I planned it that way. I just love being miserable without my husband. Unless an American is going through this process personally or someone close to them is going through it, they just don't care. They have their own issues. And of course, there are also those people who see another immigrant admitted to this country as another job taken away from them. I really get sick of hearing that stupid excuse.

exactly, unless it is happening close to them, what do they care? While i totally agree this is wrong, america is much more flexible now than the new UK immigration

rules for non EU spouses, they are tough!

USCIS

NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I think sadly that although people would be surprised and possibly angered if they knew it took so long to unite families legally when the government can move fast to help illegals (DACA for example) they just don't care enough as long as it doesn't effect them. I'll be honest and admit that before I met my wife I'd not have given a huge amount of thought and concern to the process if I'd read about it in the press. Like most of the general public I had my own concerns... the economy, wars, cost of living etc. Going through this process has changed my perspective on immigration but we can't really expect unaffected people to take more action than liking a Facebook status to help. We even had some resistance from people who had been though the process on here remember, people calling us "rabble rousers" etc and those who had already got the Visa in hand not caring about the current issues. It's human nature. To get any action we need to make influential politicians aware of the situation and the problems with the process and put pressure on USCIS. The lack of accountability in the system is something that really needs to be fixed.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Married 3/22/12 heart.gif

USCIS

05/04/13 : I-130 Mailed to USCIS

05/06/13 : NOA1

12/19/13 : Case transferred to CSC

02/18/14 : NOA2

NVC

03/03/14 : NVC received the case

xx/xx/xx : Case number assigned and IIN/BIN

xx/xx/xx : DS-261 Available and completed

xx/xx/xx : AOS bill Available and paid

xx/xx/xx : AOS Emailed to NVC

xx/xx/xx : IV bill available and paid

xx/xx/xx : DS-260 Available and completed

xx/xx/xx : IV package emailed to NVC

xx/xx/xx : Case Complete

CONSULATE

xx/xx/xx : Medical
xx/xx/xx : Interview
xx/xx/xx : Visa in hand
xx/xx/xx : POE

Timeline

That`s so very true ...My parents and brothers in law just could not believe when we told them about the waiting time,Our families and friends think the entire thing should take no more than 6 months,people we know were outraged when i explained why i`m not with my husband.why ? cause like you said everyone thinks you get an instant Green Card once married to a USC.

I`m not saying USCIS should just give away approvals ,but waiting 9 + months just for the first stage,while i see others getting accepted in less than a month is just not fair .

This entire thing is robbing us from our sleep, it is making us very irritated and it is costing us allot of money ,Honestly you cannot expect loved ones to be apart for months even years sad.png

My English is not the best ,i do i do apologize if i said something out of place.

Izzy.

Not only you did not say anything out of place, USCIS is directly causing a lot of newly wed couples to go thru' month's and sometimes years of separation. And I bet many of them did not realize and account for the extra-ordinary delay in the process and the huge backlog.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : National Benefits Center; Consulate : Mumbai, India; Marriage (if applicable): 2013-07-05
USCIS
I-130 Sent : 2013-07-20; I-130 NOA1 : 2013-07-26; I-130 Transferred to CSC: 2014-01-13; I-130 Approved: 2014-01-22
NVC
NVC Received: 2014-02-03; AOS Bill Shows PAID: 2014-03-19
NVC Case # and IIN Assigned: 2014-03-11; AOS Package Delivered: 2014-03-21;
Submitted/Completed DS-261 online: 2014-03-12; AOS Package Touched: 2014-03-25;
Receive & Pay AOS Bill : 2014-03-13; AOS Package Approved: 2014-04-08
AOS Package Mailed (USPS Priority): 2014-03-18;
IV Bill:
Receive & Pay IV Bill: 2014-03-24; False Checklist for Civil Documents: 2014-04-07
IV Bill Shows PAID: 2014-03-26; Case Completed at NVC: 2014-04-16;
IV Package Mailed (USPS Priority): 2014-03-26; Case Complete Email Received: 2014-04-23
IV Package Received by NVC: 2014-03-31; Interview scheduled: 2014-05-01;
IV Package Touched: 2014-04-03 (still in review); IL Email Received: 2014-05-01
DS-260 Available/Completed/Submitted: 2014-03-27
Consulate: Mumbai
Fingerprinting & Photo: 2014-05-09 Medicals: 2014-05-19
Interview: 2014-06-04 Visa Approved CEAC Website Status "Issued": 2014-06-05
USCIS ELIS Fee Paid: 2014-06-08 Passport w/Visa Received: 2014-06-09
POE (LAX): 2014-07-20 SS# Received: 2014-07-28
Actual GC received 2014-08-30
CA ID Received: 2014-09-02.
First job in USA (yeeeh!!!) starting: 2014-09-22
Taking driving lessons....!!!!

ROC
Application Sent: 2016-04-26
NOA1:2016-04-28
Biometrics: 2016-06-02 (early walk-in on May 31st)

ROC Approval Email and Online Status Change - 2016-11-07
Google Doc for April 2016 filers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Mb-ALcbwQbYafLj4vFaEMjSGD-wfjtrycs3ul8QlUo/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Not only you did not say anything out of place, USCIS is directly causing a lot of newly wed couples to go thru' month's and sometimes years of separation. And I bet many of them did not realize and account for the extra-ordinary delay in the process and the huge backlog.

Also, some of us are IR-1.

It sucks for us too sad.png

bigtimeeee

Edited by aditya3245

Timeline

We thought it would be 7 month for the entire thing ...we filed our i130 a bit too late cause we honestly thought it would not take that long,Yesterday we missed out on our first Wedding anniversary ...and on all fun holidays of 2013, our dogs have not seen me in 7 months ,i`m hopping by July 4th we can be together ,that is Jamie`s Birthday,these are just little things,and those little things do count,i love VJ it helps me allot cause we know what we will have to do and get ready for the big day but sometimes...when i hear someone say suck it up or be patient that just drives me mad !,we he even tried to move to Morocco but it did not work in the end,too much paper work and Tangier my city are not very dog friendly ...but i mean it is way too long ! i never thought i would say this but i`m really glad i don`t have a job i am 6 hours ahead of him makes it really hard to stay intouch ,I`m very glad we have skype we use it 24/7 and if not that Facebook or whatsapp and World of Warcraft at night and its still not enough i became like a vampire sleep all day stay up until sun comes up ...,it literally gives me physical pain as dramatic as it sounds ...I used to visit him every 3 month before but they gave me trouble last time,that`s when we decided to file for spousal Visa ,he visited me 4 times but its getting to expensive almost 1000 $ each time ..,and with the US short vacations days makes it extremely hard :(

Wish us all Luck !

Izzy

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

09/08/2013 - I-130 Priority Date
02/26/2014 - RFE
03/10/2014 - RFE sent
03/26/2014 - NOA2 date

04/08/2014 - NVC received
05/08/2014 - Case number assigned
05/12/2014 - DS-261 Completed
05/13/2014 - AOS paid
05/22/2014 - AOS pack sent
06/13/2014 - IV Paid,Finally!
06/14/2014 - IV pack sent
06/17/2014 - DS-260 completed
06/22/2014 - IV pack scan date
07/01/2014 - AOS checklist
07/02/2014 - Checklist Reply sent
07/09/2014 - Checklist scan date
08/22/2014 - Case Completed!

09/08/2014 - Case left the NVC
09/10/2014 - Case is ready
09/10/2014 - Interview letter received
10/20/2014 - Medical Appointment
10/29/2014 - Interview day ...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.