David and Sinthea

Medical exam, Ciudad Juarez (and other questions)

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My fiance has his interview January 27, 2014 in Ciudad Juarez.. His ASC appointment is January 24, 2014. What is the best date to have the medical exam? How many business days before the interview should he have it? is the 23rd sufficient, or should he have it the 22nd?

I want to know so I can plan his travel to Juarez from southern Mexico.

Also, is there a better/more efficient clinic to go to in Juarez of the three listed? What about hotels to stay at? Does anyone recommend one hotel over the other?

Thanks!!!!

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico
K-1 Visa

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-129 sent: 2013-10-09

NOA1: 2013-10-15

NOA2: 2013-11-06

NVC received: 2013-12-06

NVC left: 2013-12-10

Consulate received: 2013-12-11

Packet 3 (letter of invitation) sent from Consulate: 2013-12-27

Packet 3 (letter of invitation) received: 2013-1-11

Interview date: 2014-01-27

Interview result: Approved for visa!!! dancin5hr.gif

Visa received: 2014-01-29

Adjustment of Status:

I-485 sent: 2014-4-22

NOA: 2014-4-30

Biometrics appt: 2014-12-11

Interview date: 2014-12-11

Approved: 2015-5-26 Green Card received: heart.gif
Removal  of Conditions:
Date filed: 2017-05-24  California Services Center
NOA: 2017-05-26
Biometrics appt: 2017-06-15
Pending..... :ph34r:

Citizenship through Naturalization, N 400

Date filed:  2018-5-11 Electronic Application 

Field office: Portland, Oregon 

NOA:  2018-5-11  -electronic copy

Received biometrics notice in mail:  2018-5-17

Biometrics appt:  2018-5-31

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Duplicate thread removed~

~Moved from K-1 Process to MSLA Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is consulate-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

See my Juarez Consulate review for more info. We stayed at La Quinta which was a great hotel and a good price. they would drive you anywhere you want. But the shuttle service ended around 6 or 7 at night so we had to get a cab back from the shopping mall/movie theatre area a couple of nights. They also have transportation back to the airport 2-3 times per day. There is a Holiday Inn Express that I saw near the consulate. No doubt you could walk to everything (consulate, mall, etc) from that hotel. We were wishing we had stayed there just so we wouldn't have needed the shuttle service.

My wife was pleased with the gray colored medical clinic (can't remember the name). The brown clinic on the corner was full by the time we arrived there. I think since it's the first clinic that you see, that everyone just goes there first. But the gray clinic just up the street still had openings and was nearly empty. We had a good experience there other than the cost for the immunizations.....ouch! We also had a Monday interview like you guys and did the medical on Friday. Friday is not very busy at the clinic. Did the medical friday morning and picked up the results at 2:00. No problems.

Good luck!

Edited by Kevin & Laura

Timeline

My fiance has his interview January 27, 2014 in Ciudad Juarez.. His ASC appointment is January 24, 2014. What is the best date to have the medical exam? How many business days before the interview should he have it? is the 23rd sufficient, or should he have it the 22nd?

Also, is there a better/more efficient clinic to go to in Juarez of the three listed? What about hotels to stay at? Does anyone recommend one hotel over the other?

Thanks!!!!

Timeline

Hola Sinthea

Im gonna talk to my personal experience and hope it helps,

Our consulate appointment was the wensday,so we just decide to go the sunday to Juarez and that way go to t he medical the monday, i hear so much about is better give an extra day to the medical, just in case and thats what we did, i went to medical the monday and they tell me come and pick up the results at 2 pm, the results in the same day, and then the next day just relax and put all the papers in order.

We stay at hotel name la Quinta, its pretty cool but i think is better stay in a hotel more close, like the hotelsa round the medicals and consulate like ibis or holiday inn, because that way peole just can walk, instead to wait for shuttle or taxi, so in resume i reccomend you give an extra day to your results or medical exams just in case for delay or something.

Ahhhh and another recomendation wear a very big coat because is so cold in this times OMG.

My best wishes for you guys, hope all goes very good and another recomendation for you is have so much faith, faith in this process god is so big and all gonna be good with that faith that you put in to.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks!!!!

You can do the medical the day before the interview. You go really early in the morning, and then your results, which are in a sealed envelope for you to take with you to your interview, are given to you the same day later on in the afternoon. I was not aware of there being 3 clinics, just the 2 listed in the instructions. Either one is fine, whichever seems less crowded the morning when you go.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

at what time is your ASC? I am thinking on doing the same thing but I am not sure if it will work out picking up the letter in the morning having the medical and then ASC appt... and the next day the interview... we are thinking that he can go to the Mexico City embassy to get the ASC, anyone with this experience? I think I read a comment by someone who had the ASC done in Mexico City and the actual interview in Juarez... would I need the famous letter for the ASC in Mexico City?? maybe with NOA2??

I-129F Mailed: 8/23/13

Received at lockbox in Texas: 8/26/13

Text/Email Received: 8/29/13

Case at: TSC

NOA1 Received: 9/3/2013

Alien number changed: 9/18/2013

No RFE!

Petition Approved: 11/25/2013

Petition sent to the NVC: 12/12/13

Obtained case number: 12/19/2013

Petition sent to the consulate: 12/23/2013

Interview: 01/10/2014

Timeline

Some people going to the ASC appointments in cities other than Juarez have been able to get it done without the letter. Some have not been so lucky and told the letter is needed. You can try contacting the ASC in Mexico City and asking them what documentation is required for the appointment.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Jay-Kay, a little bit off topic, but where does in the DS160 application it ask you to write the case number (CDJ .....) ... I see on the example provided here only asks for a receipt number and it shows the case number from USCIS.... is there another section that does not show up on these pages that you need to input your CDJ case number or is it at the beginning when you are starting to fill out the DS160?

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/DS-160-Example-Form.pdf (please see page 3)

Thanks!!!

No RFE!

Timeline

I do not know if you ever enter your CDJ case #. This is for the Philippines, but it still helps for anyone to see what the questions are on the form > http://philippinefiancevisa.weebly.com/sample-ds160.html

Timeline

I scrolled through it and I only saw the USCIS case number to input.... thanks for this, it really helped.... :)

No RFE!

• 1 month later...
Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

DEFINATELY leave a day between the medical exam and appointment to be safe, they usually want you to get the results the next day in the afternoon and you will need to be at the consulate ready to go by 7:00 AM. Here is something really annoying that I noticed. My husband had his initial appointment last year and then a follow up after his waiver was approved this year. The first time he took proof of his childhood vaccinations (his mom miraculously still had them) but they gave him a shot for everything anyway which brought the total charges over $500. Exactly one year later, he brought the original medical record of vaccination from the SAME clinic and they made him get ALL the vaccinations AGAIN over $500. Is it just me or are these clinics just money mills?

Timeline

DEFINATELY leave a day between the medical exam and appointment to be safe, they usually want you to get the results the next day in the afternoon and you will need to be at the consulate ready to go by 7:00 AM. Here is something really annoying that I noticed. My husband had his initial appointment last year and then a follow up after his waiver was approved this year. The first time he took proof of his childhood vaccinations (his mom miraculously still had them) but they gave him a shot for everything anyway which brought the total charges over $500. Exactly one year later, he brought the original medical record of vaccination from the SAME clinic and they made him get ALL the vaccinations AGAIN over $500. Is it just me or are these clinics just money mills?

For what type of visa? Juarez typically does not bother to give vaccinations for K-1 applicants, even when asked for them to do it so we did not have to bother with a civil surgeon in the US. They refused.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

For what type of visa? Juarez typically does not bother to give vaccinations for K-1 applicants, even when asked for them to do it so we did not have to bother with a civil surgeon in the US. They refused.

This was not a K-1 visa, we were already married and had to go through the I-601/I-212 waiver process because my husband overstayed his tourist visa before we married and had a 10 year ban, which is a much more difficult process and probably has more strict requirements. Still, requiring two vaccines for chicken pox in a one year span (which he had when he was a kid) seems a little ridiculous to me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.