SKJ

K1 visa denied at Mumbai, India consulate (merged)

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Mumbai consulate denied visa for my fiancee last month. She was given a letter saying that our petition with be returned to NVC for review and possible revocation. We are just recovering for the shock. Ten days after the interview the status is changed from Administartive Processing to Returned to NVC. We still have few weeks before our petition approval expires.

Is there any hope that our case gets re-afirmed and sent back to the consulate in time?

Thank you for reading my post.

Edited by Lucky_2013

Mumbai consulate denied visa for my fiancee last month. She was given a letter saying that our petition with be returned to NVC for review and possible revocation. We are just recovering for the shock. Ten days after the interview the status is changed from Administartive Processing to Returned to NVC. We still have few weeks before our petition approval expires.

Is there any hope that our case gets re-afirmed and sent back to the consulate in time?

Thank you for reading my post.

i am sorry to hear you got denied

what was the reason of denial? what did the consular officer say? why did they deny it?

did you send enough evidences of your relationship to USCIS?

K1

16 August 2013 - I-129F sent to TSC

19 August 2013 - packet received

21 Augist 2013 - NOA1 received

16 September 2013 - Alien registration number changed

30 September 2013 - RFE

25 October 2013 - RFE reply

31 October 2013 - NOA2 received

22 November 2013 - packet shipped to NVC

29 November 2013 - NVC received

3 December 2013 - Packet left NVC

11 December 2013 - Physical packet received by Consulate
26 December 2013 - Interview APPROVED
31 December 2013 -Entry to US
------
AOS
27 February 2014 - Packet sent by FeDex
4 March 2014 - NOA1
28 March 2014 - Biometrics Captured
7 April 2015 - Approved, Card received
------
ROC I-751
21 February 2017 - I-751 Package mailed by USPS
24 February 2017 - Package Delivered
3 March 2017        - Money Order Cashed
6 March 2017       - NOA1 Received in mail dated 27 February
17 March 2017     - Biometrics appointment letter received, appont. 31 March
27 March 2018     - RFE
26 May  2018       - Approval
29 May 2018        - Card arrived in Mail
------
N-400
12 March 2019     - Filed Online
12 March 2019     - NOA1
5 April 2019         - Biometrics Appointment 

I don't know what to say....I guess been denied its the worst fear for all of us, but you have to keep trying. Marry him and file for CR1.

what was the reason of denial? what did the consular officer say? why did they deny it?

No reason given except the letter which is generic.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The petition will take months to get back and there is a 98% chance you will simply get a letter in about 6 months saying your petition has expired and you are free to refile especially if you are a California USCIS person. No need to wait refile

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Were there any "red flags" in your case? Red flags in India can include significant age differences (especially if the female petitioner is older), vast educational differences, multiple previous visa attempts, and religious differences.

How did you meet? Online? In person?

Was your engagement an arranged one by your families or based on love?

As others have said, the likelihood of your I-129F petition being reaffirmed is slim. USCIS will more than likely allow the petition to expire and send a letter that you are free to file again without prejudice. It is your choice whether you wish to file for the K-1 again or get married and try for a CR-1. Study the guides above to familiarize yourself with the CR-1 process.

Remember that all evidence is not looked at equally by the consulates in India. Phone records and chat logs are ok but should not be assumed to equate to time spent together in person.

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

she should've been handed a paper stating the reason for the denial. all you can do is get a senator/congressman to help you keep the petition at the embassy and have it reviewed. once your petition is sent to nvc or uscis, it will just expire there. very slim chance the decision will change. I've only known of 1 case that was a success.

you can refile via k1 but you need to determine what went wrong on your first attempt, correct it and then try again. or you can get married & file for spouse visa. thats another 6-9 months i believe.

Edited by iammrsregi

Something must have gone wrong hence why you got denied and usually they provide a reason, try to find out.

K-1 Timeline

Click Here to see our complete Timeline!

14 November 2013 - Sent I-129F Package

18 November 2013 - NOA1 (4 days after sending package)

21 November 2013 - Recieved Text and E-mail with Case Number NOA1

25 November 2013 - Received NOA1 Hardcopy in Mail

25 November 2013 - Alien Registration Number Changed

14 January 2014 - NOA2 (54 days after NOA1)

17 January 2014 - USCIS Shipped to NVC

29th January 2014 - NVC Recieved and assigned Case #

4th February 2014 - Abu Dhabi Embassy Recieved our case and the status is now "READY" for interview

24th September 2014 - Interview date - FINGERS CROSSED!

Were there any "red flags" in your case? Red flags in India can include significant age differences (especially if the female petitioner is older), vast educational differences, multiple previous visa attempts, and religious differences.

How did you meet? Online? In person?

Was your engagement an arranged one by your families or based on love?

As others have said, the likelihood of your I-129F petition being reaffirmed is slim. USCIS will more than likely allow the petition to expire and send a letter that you are free to file again without prejudice. It is your choice whether you wish to file for the K-1 again or get married and try for a CR-1. Study the guides above to familiarize yourself with the CR-1 process.

Remember that all evidence is not looked at equally by the consulates in India. Phone records and chat logs are ok but should not be assumed to equate to time spent together in person.

. We both are of same religion and cast. She is 3 years younger.

There are no red flags except that she tried for visitor visa once before and she was denied. I don't know that is sufficient to deny.

Edited by Lucky_2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.