Christian Agape

Unique Problem during my interview, PLease HELP ME!

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think you should just wait for their answer and be more patient...... sleep.png

What happened to your friend whose fiancé has charges? Did she get her visa?

I think she get it now... I don't know if she will pursue it to marry that man or not, atleast she already knew about it.. My problem is my papers with my fiance... We already scheduled our wedding 18th of January next year, huhuhu

Timeline

Someone else's case has nothing to do with yours. If their case involves crimes of sexual nature against a child their visa won't be approved. Don't worry about them. Many people get AP, including my husband. Just sit tight, and if they request any further documents or evidence, just simply provide it.

Do you think this is a good sign because they kept my passport? That's what my problem Ma'am, I don't know maybe there was a mistake during the encoding of something on the computer because the fiance of the girl next to me has charges according to the consular but then on the last window, everything changed, my fiance has instead of her. I hope they will conduct further because they will finalize something... How many months will I have to wait for this?

Timeline

Almost sounds like someone got files mixed up.

I would suggest you call and/or email the embassy at least weekly.

There is contact info in my link below.

Here is a link to the Philippines forum, where you can get answers related to the process at USEM http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

yah, there's really mixed up thing here... We're calling the embassy to ask them if there's any progress but the agent said that they have no information about it, the thing they just know is it's under AP and that's the reason why I can't stop thinking of it... thank you for the site.

Timeline

You people really need to read her entire post. She clearly states that her friend that was interviewed after her was told that HER husband has charges against him, not the ops fiance.

And charges usually mean that the case has not yet been adjudicated in court. Pending charges usually means a court case has not yet commenced. A person could be arrested and "charges" could hang around for years before any court case or they could simply expire by statute.

In all fairness to poster it would be nice if everyone would try to read complete posts so they better know how to respond.

You don't get this? She is saying that perhaps the two files were mixed up after the two interviews.

Indeed, you're right, there's a mixed up of files. I don't know. We always calling the embassy but they just telling us it's under AP. Our point of calling them is to know if there's any progress in their investigation but they cannot answer us, all they know it's under AP, that's all. huhhuuhu, I don't know... The thing that my fiance and I we're doing is praying, calling the embassy and checking our status online.

Timeline

You were given a 221g and told to wait. You are in AP(Administrative Processing), so I moved your post to the appropriate forum for your topic, Waivers and Administrative Processes (221g).

Thank you for your help Jay-Kay... So what will I do next? Do I have to click the site you posted? it's pdf.. I'm sorry, I'm not really familiar with this.. I hope you will extend your patience.. thanks

Timeline

They wouldn't say that you're fiance has a criminal charges unless he did.

As I said the during my interview, the consular officer did not tell me that my fiance has charges but the woman who gave me the 221g wait until you hear from us told me that there is a charges against my fiance. A woman after me was told by the consular officer but at the end, she's ok and I'm not. Please read my first post, I put explain everything in detailed. Thanks

They wouldn't say that you're fiance has a criminal charges unless he did.

As I said the during my interview, the consular officer did not tell me that my fiance has charges but the woman who gave me the 221g wait until you hear from us told me that there is a charges against my fiance. A woman after me was told by the consular officer but at the end, she's ok and I'm not. Please read my first post, I put explain everything in detailed. Thanks

Timeline

You're wrong. Read what she posted again:

I was interviewed 21st of October this year. It's almost 8 weeks of waiting and my case is under administrative processing. The status updated date online changed 3 times, first Nov.18, second Dec.5 and lastly is Dec.9, 2013. I don't know why the date is changing but the status is not. During my interview, I have this friend, a woman who happened to be interviewed after me. My interview went well (5-10 minutes only) and the consular officer told me that everything's ok and he has no further questions for me. He also instructed me to wait for my name to be called at the last window, so I was very excited and confident to hear my name. As I said earlier, my friend was interviewed after me. It took her a while and when she came to me, her face was so pale, shocked and crying so I asked her what happened. She told me that the consular officer informed her that her fiance has charge/s so I asked her, she said that she can't remember all the details because she was very shocked.After that, I comforted her. When my name was called at the third to the last window, the woman incharged there asked me, if the consular officer already informed me that my fiance has charges, so I said "NO MA'AM, THE CONSULAR OFFICER DID NOT MENTION THAT ONE TO ME". I believe that there was a big mistake here. My friend confessed to me that she observed some scenarios that will really prove that the charges that the consular officer was talking that time to her is true. That's her fiance, not mine. My fiance is a pastor for 10years and he loves God so much. I know my fiance and he has a Christ-like character. What do you think will happen to our papers? Is this a bad sign that we will wait for so long? I'm praying that the embassy will not finalize something without conducting further investigation about this matter. Please pray for us.

It sounds like she had been approved by the CO then told to wait for her name to be called for the next window. A final check is done by a second person and then you are told to go to yet another window. Based on what she says it sounds to me like the files were somehow exchanged because both were interviewed by the same CO and it is possible that the next person at the next window got them out of order. Lets hope that is the case.

A CO could easily mix up two files/interviews.

I agree because the CO said the there's no problem and everything's ok and he has no further questions for me... That's the problem because on the last window the whole thing changed. I don't know what will I do, I already shared everything when we called the embassy but nothing's changed. Do I have to go there but you can't get in if you don't have any appointment from them. Please pray for me

Timeline

When ppl go to job interview or any interviews & run into

friends, best to keep it moving after the initial hello, seem

there may have been a mix up when both was seen together

at the 3rd window, but U R actually approved by CO pending

issuance of your visa, everyone goes thru some sort of AP

prior to printing of visa, so if not given a 221G..just wait.

If there are denials in a USC doing a petition, they fall under AWA

or have DV in their background, also pastors R high upon the

list of molesters & past criminal activities, so please don't see him

as perfect, hope U hear from them soon.

I was given a 221g (White form), No documents were asked only "WAIT UNTIL YOU WILL HEAR FROM US" and until now no instruction form them. I'm sorry brother but I really disagree with that. I know my man so much. Believe it or not, we know each other. As I said, there was a mixed up of my files to the woman who was interviewed after me. THe CO told me that everything's ok but on the last window everything's changed. The woman who became my friend was ok and the charges she's talking about was on my file. My fiance always call the embassy asking them to do background checks for him or if they need something that will really prove that he has no charges before he will give it to them, if he's hiding something he will not let hem do further investigation, right? Please read my entire post... Thank you

Timeline

I agree with David&Zoila, sounds like a mix up to me too.

Not much you can do about it now. If AP drags on then I would do a senatorial inquiry with focus on a

possible mix up. It should not be a long AP since a simple clarification with the CO should be all that is

needed to know if it is due to a mix up with the previous applicant or if her fiance indeed had charges against him.

The million dollar question is ...is it a mix up or not and that is the OP's concern.

I believe there's a mixed up thing because the woman who happened to be my friend told me that in the past she has this doubt that her fiance was hiding something. She also shared to mewhen they're trying to fill-out the forms and there's a part there about charges or criminal offense before her fiance cannot answer directly. That's only a minute of doubt then all things back to normal. When the consular officer informed her, there was a flashing backs of memories and she also mentioned that her fiance always ask her about her minor niece... I don't want to elaborate more because I don't want to share something I'm not sure but the bottomline here is even that woman really confessed that the whole charges thing was true... I just hope that she will choose the right thing..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you for your help Jay-Kay... So what will I do next? Do I have to click the site you posted? it's pdf.. I'm sorry, I'm not really familiar with this.. I hope you will extend your patience.. thanks

Not sure what you mean. I did not post any site or links to a pdf file. I simply moved your post from the K-1 forum to this forum, where the topics for waivers and AP belong. If you look at the top of the posts here, you will see a 'link tree' that shows you where you are on the forum. This topic is in the waivers and AP forum. When an organizer or mod moves a post, the person that posted it does not need to do anything. The post is moved for them to the appropriate forum for their topic, so it can be grouped with similar topics and get the best answers possible.

As far as what to do now, there is not much you can do but wait like the CO told you when giving you the 221g. If there was a mix up with your files, then they should be able to sort it out when going over your case and perhaps doing background checks. When they make a decision on your case, they will let you know. I believe you can keep a lookout on your status from this site by entering your case number > https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Not sure what you mean. I did not post any site or links to a pdf file. I simply moved your post from the K-1 forum to this forum, where the topics for waivers and AP belong. If you look at the top of the posts here, you will see a 'link tree' that shows you where you are on the forum. This topic is in the waivers and AP forum. When an organizer or mod moves a post, the person that posted it does not need to do anything. The post is moved for them to the appropriate forum for their topic, so it can be grouped with similar topics and get the best answers possible.

As far as what to do now, there is not much you can do but wait like the CO told you when giving you the 221g. If there was a mix up with your files, then they should be able to sort it out when going over your case and perhaps doing background checks. When they make a decision on your case, they will let you know. I believe you can keep a lookout on your status from this site by entering your case number > https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?

Ahhh, i see, now I know, Thank you for moving my post from the K1 to this forum... God bless you..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

What is the best thing I can do with this? PLEASE>>>>

With what ? You have received answers. You may want to re read them and explore your options with

senatorial assistance or be patient and wait. There is no magic way out.

1. Call and /or email ask for section chief.

2. Senatorial inquiry.

3. Wait until they figure it out and contact you.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Timeline

I said there seem to be a mix up in files ,... however saying many pastors

have gone down that road is true (not meaning your fiancé), and no one truly

knows another having not lived and being around them continuously...I wish

you a speedy reply and success...Your fiancé should contact his senator.

Timeline

With what ? You have received answers. You may want to re read them and explore your options with

senatorial assistance or be patient and wait. There is no magic way out.

1. Call and /or email ask for section chief.

2. Senatorial inquiry.

3. Wait until they figure it out and contact you.

Actually, I already emailed the embassy and the status updated date online just change and it's still under AP.. With regards to that senarotial inquiry, I will try to suggest that one with him..Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.