PalestineMyHeart

How to Lose an Army

79 posts in this topic

Maybe if they would quit blowing up things, and spent their time on more positive things like feeding and educating their own people. Im sure we would nuke them.My god.

Who are "they" exactly?

Whack job muslim extremists, Pages are you serious?

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Maybe if they would quit blowing up things, and spent their time on more positive things like feeding and educating their own people. Im sure we would nuke them.My god.

Who are "they" exactly?

"I'm sure we would nuke them." Nuke who? That's what she was asking. Your sentences don't make any sense.

Who are "they" exactly?

"I'm sure we would nuke them." Nuke who? That's what she was asking. Your sentences don't make any sense.

Seriously I was trying to understand. I wasn't sure if "they" meant Iraqis in general because of earlier posts. And the use of Nuclear weapons? Wondering who are you targeting there? What about the political and humanitarian fall out from that option?

Marc- your position on how to resolve this conflict is not a viable one. I wonder how serious you are.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

My comments are based on the subject of the thread ! reread and see if you can put it all together.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

― Andrew Wilkow

My comments are based on the subject of the thread ! reread and see if you can put it all together.

Maybe you can see if you can form some coherent sentences.

What would I do without my daily dose of dismissive and condescending replies from VJers who disagree with me :blink:

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Maybe you can see if you can form some coherent sentences.

What would I do without my daily dose of dismissive and condescending replies from VJers who disagree with me :blink:

and you're not dismissive and condescending? :blink:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Timeline
Basically the point is: they are a proud people going thru some really tough times and to help them we have been messing up with them for a couple of hundred years now...

You really should look some things up before you go off. Before this war, nearly 100% of Iraqis finished University. FOR FREE. Most ME countries pay for their citizens to go to college. Iran is the same. sheesh, what do you think "they" are over there?

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Basically the point is: they are a proud people going thru some really tough times and to help them we have been messing up with them for a couple of hundred years now...

You really should look some things up before you go off. Before this war, nearly 100% of Iraqis finished University. FOR FREE. Most ME countries pay for their citizens to go to college. Iran is the same. sheesh, what do you think "they" are over there?

Im not going off for one! 100% uh.

Level of Education

In the 1970s, an increased focus on education had a significant effect on the level of education among all children, especially for girls. Conversely, the drop in the level of education during the last years has had a considerable effect on the education of both girls and boys, but boys have been relatively more affected.

While 30% of women above 15 years in Baghdad have never been enrolled or not completed elementary education, the numbers are twice as high among women in the north.

64% of rural women above 15 years have not completed elementary education, indicating a low level of education.

Presently 40% of the girls in rural areas are not enrolled in primary education, compared to 20% in urban areas.

The national level for illiteracy in women is 47%.

50% of women in the rural areas are illiterate versus 30% of women in the urban areas.

40% of women in Dahouk, Erbil, Dhiqar, Al-Muthana, Wasit, Salahuldin, Altamim, and Suleimaniya are completely illiterate

The average level of literacy among women in all age groups is 53%. More troubling is the low literacy rate for women between 15 and 24 years.

Link:http://www.iq.undp.org/ILCS/women.htm

47% illiterate? going to university and cant read or write? No wonder its FREE!

Edited by CarolsMarc

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i'd like to see a source for that. i'm having a difficult time believing that nearly 100% of iraqis finished university.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Marc, Jenn has a point.

More often than not, your train of thought gets derailed before it reaches the station.

You'd say things like

Maybe if they would quit blowing up things, and spent their time on more positive things like feeding and educating their own people.

which is a perfectly valid conditional predicate and would make perfect sense had you actually finished the sentence with a subject, as in

"Maybe if they did this and that, something would happen"

but instead you end the sentence with a period and add a nonsensical

Im sure we would nuke them.My god.

Nuke who? Why?

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Let me try to help clarify peezy's point. Of the Iraqis who enter the university, they finish. Of course there is a poverty problem in Iraq and not everyone has access to the educational system 100% The literacy rate is misleading however if you are using it to prove the point that Iraqis are uneducated.

Illiteracy is usually found among rural and poor urban families. This is an economic problem which has social consequences. Nothing about the war in Iraq is solving this problem. In fact i would suggest it only has exacberated the problem.

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Ooh, are we going to try to illiminate the entire Middle East? Or just the populations thereof? What a perfect Christmas present for the West.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

U.S. airlines are bankrupt largely due to poor business strategies; when they follow better strategies (Southwest), they succeed.

True--many US airlines don't seem to have changed business practices from their formation time.

In comparison to other societies.... it's really hard to say, given that quite a lot of 'Western' advances -- philosophy, mathematics (hence the algebra crack, charles), architecture, astronomy, agriculture -- were filtered through Middle-Eastern sources. That's only going back about 600 years. And if we're playing misery poker with religious warfare, the West isn't in much of a better position, even discounting the evangelical bent of the U.S. armed forces.
Mathematics -- originally from Harappa

Gridded town planning -- Harappa

FYI, Harappa is NOT in the Middle East but near modern Faisalabad (called "Lyallpur" prior to 1975). Nevermind, I guess that ME was a conduit due to geographical location between South Asia and "West" (Greece, Italy).

Hell, we owe the Middle-East for COFFEE.

Native to Ethiopia (known as 'Kush' in ancient times)

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: Other Timeline

Let me try to help clarify peezy's point. Of the Iraqis who enter the university, they finish. Of course there is a poverty problem in Iraq and not everyone has access to the educational system 100% The literacy rate is misleading however if you are using it to prove the point that Iraqis are uneducated.

Illiteracy is usually found among rural and poor urban families. This is an economic problem which has social consequences. Nothing about the war in Iraq is solving this problem. In fact i would suggest it only has exacberated the problem.

Thanks, lesson learned...clarity flies out the window when responding to something with too much teeth clenching.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.