sunnyp

I-751 denied what can i do

43 posts in this topic

hello everyone i need help. i got 2 year green card thru marring a US citizen in 2005. during the 2 years we were living with her parents. during that time i caught her cheating twice on me i have eye whitens. so i left her parents house and moved out but we were still trying to work thing out. but she gave up and filled for an annulment i did not know what an annulment is she came to my house and pick me up and took me to a lawyer and told me to singe a page and told me to not any question and i would do this if i love her. which i did so i asked her what it was and she said it was divorce

and if want to see her happy to singe it. which i did. but i did not no she wrote that i left her 3 months after the marriage. which was a lie. and she said it was divorce instead of an annulment. that was a lie. after that i got in trouble with the law in 2007. and went to jail for 3 months then i started filling my paperwork for my I-751. but the lawyer i hired was not doing anything. and asking for more money so i hired and new lawyer. and we tried to gather evidence to prove that my marriage was real. but i did not have anything and we filed the I-751 with what ever i could gather. and today (12-10-13) was the intervie. my lawyer said it dint got well. and i am going to get dined because of lack of evidence and they will start removal against me. I NEED HELP please. what can i do to save my status.

Your criminal case is a VERY SERIOUS one! 3 months in jail often means a bad criminal conviction. You should worry about being detained by ICE and deported afterwards. Stop worrying about I-751. Focus on the "other" important issue.

Not sure if an experienced immigration lawyer can even help you ATM. And if there's one who is willing to take the case, expect the legal fee a big amount. You're in big legal trouble. This case definitely is NOT a self-help case.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

hello everyone i need help. i got 2 year green card thru marring a US citizen in 2005. during the 2 years we were living with her parents. during that time i caught her cheating twice on me i have eye whitens. so i left her parents house and moved out but we were still trying to work thing out. but she gave up and filled for an annulment i did not know what an annulment is she came to my house and pick me up and took me to a lawyer and told me to singe a page and told me to not any question and i would do this if i love her. which i did so i asked her what it was and she said it was divorce

and if want to see her happy to singe it. which i did. but i did not no she wrote that i left her 3 months after the marriage. which was a lie. and she said it was divorce instead of an annulment. that was a lie. after that i got in trouble with the law in 2007. and went to jail for 3 months then i started filling my paperwork for my I-751. but the lawyer i hired was not doing anything. and asking for more money so i hired and new lawyer. and we tried to gather evidence to prove that my marriage was real. but i did not have anything and we filed the I-751 with what ever i could gather. and today (12-10-13) was the intervie. my lawyer said it dint got well. and i am going to get dined because of lack of evidence and they will start removal against me. I NEED HELP please. what can i do to save my status.

You have an immigration lawyer. He has already represented you. You simply do not have any evidence to prove your case, and you signed a very damaging annulment agreement.

There is nothing that we can do to help.

You need to return to your home country voluntarily or endure the deportation process.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

first dont go to a lawyer, go to an immigration, or legal rep.....who will give FREE consultation and advice.....free or very cheap, these usually truly want to help....they have offices around the country .....in the arab community they have alot of info about these kind of places, second of all, reach out....reach out everywhere to everyone you know.....get letters signed , phone bills, bills of any kind, anything to prove your bond together at that time,, pictures, videos, tickets going on a trip.....etc....finally, Have a talk with her, explain to her and her parents how much this has and will affect you, and your future, get them to sympathize. tell her that you did something blindly to help her and it hurt you badly, tell her to at least help fix what it caused. explain to her you want nothing other than your right to stay here, and you wont bother her in any way shape or form.....

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

If the base of the annulment was Fraud then you are screwed, not even a great lawyer will be able to help you.

With all respect you signed a bunch of papers because she said "if you love me you should sign", and you signed the papers, are you serious?

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

[...] i asked her what it was and she said it was divorce and if want to see her happy to singe it. which i did. but i did not no she wrote that i left her 3 months after the marriage. which was a lie. and she said it was divorce instead of an annulment. that was a lie. [...]

If you actually signed a petition to have your marriage annulled, you have no grounds upon which to request residence in the US. An annulment is different from a divorce in that the latter dissolves an existing union, whereas the former nullifies such union as though you had never been married in the first place.

You will need an immigration lawyer. This is not a DIY situation. Good luck.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Wait, who went to the interview?? You or your attorney. I mean it must have been you. What did they say to you?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

My 2 cents:

1. annulment was signed - this nullifies the marriage. He got his first green card based on a bonafide marriage, or by showing evidence thereof.

2. in the wording of the annulment, the respondent abandoned the marriage 3 months prior to him signing the annulment paperwork.

These 2 things would be enough to overcome most bonafide marriage evidence presented. Since he didn't present bonafide marriage evidence at the interview, the Immigration Officer either has to ask for more evidence or weigh the casefile based on regular adjudication rules.

His chances to 'stay in the USA' ? Slim to none, at the moment. This might change, if he is able to get offered a deportation hearing AND shows other evidence that clearly outlines what he's posted here about what happened.

I tell folk who are fighting visa scammers to file for annulment and list the reasons why the annulment was to occur, I have to think that the OP's wife got some great advice and wanted to be certain this fella have no further inroads to stay in the USA.

----

I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV or podcast.

Not to mention the fact that he was arrested in the US and has a criminal record here, that in and of itself is a serious issue

The only advise I can give you is to find a really good immigration lawyer.

Good Luck

good.gif

"All my life, without a doubt i give you, all my life, now and forever till the day i die, you and i will share" By: America
                                                               == I am the beneficiary==
AOS - K1 & K2
03-04-2014 ( Day 01) - Mailed
03-06-2014 ( Day 02) - Received
03-17-2014 ( Day 13) - Text and E-mail Notification at 12:50 am
03-21-2014 ( Day 17) - Received I-797C NOA (AOS, AP & EAD) hard copies - 6 mails
03-24-2014 ( Day 20) - Received I-797C NOA (ASC Appointment Notice/ Biometrics schedule) - 2 mails
04-09-2014 ( Day 36) - Biometrics Schedule @ 10&11am
05-30-2014 ( Day 87) - Received EAD combo card (K2 only)
06-09-2014 ( Day 97) - I 485 ( both k1 & k2 ) - Card / Document Production (no interview)
06-12-2014 ( Day 100)- I 485 ( both k1 & k2 ) - Mailed the new card
06-14-2014 ( Day 102)- GC ( both K1 & k2) - Received

Done.

ROC - K1 & K2

03-17-2016 ( Day 01) - Mailed

03-22-2016 ( Day 05) - NOA1

04-19-2016 ( Day 27) - Biometrics Appt. ( only K1 admitted, no K2 Bio Appt. letter received)

03-13-2017 ( Day 328) - Received Biometrics Appt. letter for K2 ( yes, almost a year of waiting!) Scheduled for March 22, 2017

03-22-2017 ( Day 337) - Biometrics Appt. (K2)

04-19-2017 ( Day 364)- USCIS status changed from "Case Was Received" to "Name Updated" (Only the K1 case)

04-26-2017 ( Day 371)-  USCIS status changed from " Name Updated" to "New Card Is Being Produced" ( both K1 and K2 app)

05-01-2017 ( Day 376)-   USCIS status changed from "New Card Is Being Produced" to "Card Was Mailed To Me" ( K2 case)

05-02-2017 ( Day 377)-   USCIS status changed from "New Card Is Being Produced" to "Card Was Mailed To Me" ( K1 case)

05-04-2017 ( Day 379)-  Received GC in the mail ( K2)

05-05-2017 ( Day 380)-  Received GC in the mail ( K1)

Done.

Naturalization

03-10-2017 ( Day 01) - Mailed

03-21-2017 ( Day 11) - Received Text and Email Notification

03-25-2017 ( Day 15) - Received NOA hardcopy

03-27-2017 ( Day 17) - USCIS website status changed " Fingerprint Appointment Was Scheduled"

04-12-2017 ( Day 33) - Biometrics/ Fingerprints & stamped passports for another 1 yr extension.

05-15-2017 ( Day 66) - "In Line for Interview" updated website status

05-17-2017 ( Day 68) - " Interview Was Scheduled" updated website status

05-25-2017 ( Day 76) - Received  the interview letter

06-26-2017 ( Day 108) - Interview Schedule

08-03-2017 ( Day 147)- Received notification online "Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed"

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

ialuvialuvvita I think you do not understand how it works Immigration Law, first of all the only person allowed to go to Court with him is a lawyer. A lawyer is someone empowered to act as a legal representative, second there is no appeal of I-751 denial then he will get a notice to appear in Court, and third telling his wife what she did was not ok it will not change the USCIS decision at all.wink.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

My 2 cents:

1. annulment was signed - this nullifies the marriage. He got his first green card based on a bonafide marriage, or by showing evidence thereof.

2. in the wording of the annulment, the respondent abandoned the marriage 3 months prior to him signing the annulment paperwork.

These 2 things would be enough to overcome most bonafide marriage evidence presented. Since he didn't present bonafide marriage evidence at the interview, the Immigration Officer either has to ask for more evidence or weigh the casefile based on regular adjudication rules.

His chances to 'stay in the USA' ? Slim to none, at the moment. This might change, if he is able to get offered a deportation hearing AND shows other evidence that clearly outlines what he's posted here about what happened.

I tell folk who are fighting visa scammers to file for annulment and list the reasons why the annulment was to occur, I have to think that the OP's wife got some great advice and wanted to be certain this fella have no further inroads to stay in the USA.

----

I totally agree! Remember she had to sign an Affadavit of Support during the process. The signing says she is responsible for him financially regardless, while he is here. If he becomes a ward of the state (i.e homeless, jobless, incapacitated...etc, etc) she would be paying the support, not the government, not medicare......Just my two cents.

Service Center : National Benefits Center

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

Marriage: 2012-07-20

I-130 Sent : 2013-04-08

I-130 NOA1 : 2013-04-12

I-130 RFE : 2013-12-30

I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-01-27

I-130 Approved : 2014-02-04

NVC Received: 2014-02-28

My 2 cents:

----

I totally agree! Remember she had to sign an Affadavit of Support during the process. The signing says she is responsible for him financially regardless, while he is here. If he becomes a ward of the state (i.e homeless, jobless, incapacitated...etc, etc) she would be paying the support, not the government, not medicare......Just my two cents.

Now you got me really thinking. The Affidavit of support is for a married couple is it not? So if the marriage was in fact anulled it really never existed. Whereas a divorce is different. Perhaps an anullment precludes her from having to support him? Just a thought as this is getting really interesting.

Edited by David & Zoila

Filed: Timeline

My 2 cents:

----

Yes but did you at least stay at the Holiday Inn last night?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.