garya505

Do you and your fiance(e) have a large age difference?

435 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

So now I see why this thread is 24 pages long. :huh:

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:ot2:

Did you get any bad reactions from family or friends, or anyone else?

If so, what did you do, make a joke of it, insult them back, get mad, or what?

now like garya505 says :ot2:

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

unfortunately i believe that everyone would rather discuss the art of licking an azz. :P

21FUNNY.gif

ewwww nasty??!!!

Citizenship

Event Date

Citizenship Interview

I almost forgot that this was the original TOPIC... :whistle: Like what I've said in my previous post, age doesn't matter for us because we fell in love, we found the happiness that we've been looking for all our lives and for the first time, we experienced the true meaning of love when we met each other. We don't care what the rest of the world will say as long as we got each other.

David and Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I almost forgot that this was the original TOPIC... :whistle: Like what I've said in my previous post, age doesn't matter for us because we fell in love, we found the happiness that we've been looking for all our lives and for the first time, we experienced the true meaning of love when we met each other. We don't care what the rest of the world will say as long as we got each other.

David and Mae

So, has anyone said anything about your age difference? If so, what was your response?

David and Mae

So, has anyone said anything about your age difference? If so, what was your response?

Age gap thing shouldnt matter as long as it is the legal age between the two couples and they can get along good have respect for eachother treat each other as equeals.

Citizenship

Event Date

Citizenship Interview

David and Mae

Here in the PI, some people still cannot accept the big age gap thing. One of my friends made a joke that my fiancee is old enough to be my father and I just laughed at it to show her that I didn't get affected. Someone made a comment that what I have for him isn't true love, that I'm only after his money. It was rude but told I her that I don't have to prove anything to her because my guy knew me well enough to trust me with his heart. He's been through failed marriages and when he met me, took another chance in love because he saw something in me that he didn't see to anyone. We knew that our age gap will be a big deal to others and we've prepared ourselves for what's to come. So far, so good and we never had any problems in our relationship, as long as we got each other and we believe in what we think is right. Our love is right so we'll fight for it come hell or high water. :) Go ahead... call me a hopeless romantic. :thumbs:

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

David and Mae

Here in the PI, some people still cannot accept the big age gap thing. One of my friends made a joke that my fiancee is old enough to be my father and I just laughed at it to show her that I didn't get affected. Someone made a comment that what I have for him isn't true love, that I'm only after his money. It was rude but told I her that I don't have to prove anything to her because my guy knew me well enough to trust me with his heart. He's been through failed marriages and when he met me, took another chance in love because he saw something in me that he didn't see to anyone. We knew that our age gap will be a big deal to others and we've prepared ourselves for what's to come. So far, so good and we never had any problems in our relationship, as long as we got each other and we believe in what we think is right. Our love is right so we'll fight for it come hell or high water. :) Go ahead... call me a hopeless romantic. :thumbs:

Well, you're a romantic but not hopeless. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I think the thing that irritates me most when I read posts/hear stories with couples with a big age difference is when the older man is shocked, SHOCKED to discover that his early 20s wife wants to go out and meet people and go to parties instead of staying at home and being a good housewife and raise her stepchildren.

It's like what ** did you expect? That's what 22 year old women want (and should be able if they want) to do.

As one of those early-20-something women, that irked me a little. I'm a homebody, and I'd rather stay in with my husband than go out and get trashed with strangers every day of the week. Also, my "older" husband does not have children and does not expect me to be a "perfect housewife". The dynamic that you talk about, Robin, does not happen in all relationships with a certain age gap. There are women in their 20's who grew out of the whole crazy party bar scene when they left college, and men in their 40's who will never grow out of it.

(F)

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Isn't calling someone a bigot because they differ in opinions a lil bigoted in and of itself?

No.

NAMBLA is a real organization that believes that children want to have sex with adults. It is not a South Park invention.

The issue of growing old and who will get sick first is a ####### shoot just like anything else. In an age difference relationship, the younger person could be hurt, contract a chronic, debilitating illness or die before the older one. Stuff happens. Older people are living longer, looking younger, and remaining healthier now than at any other time. I've been a body builder all of my life (it's a common hobby in my family. Thank you, Jack Lalane!). We are not all our grandparents generation, although my grandparents gave me great genes. My grandmother turned 100 this year and my grandfather died of old age at 101. The youngest person in my family who died of natural causes was 86.

My first husband and I were both 18 when we married. He died of cancer six years ago. Our dreams of growing old together stopped there. My attitude is that there are no guarantees in this life as to whom will outlast whom, so why worry about that? Some young people I know are old from stress and worry. Who needs that? Enjoy and spread joy! As Jonathan Swift said, May you live all the days of your life. Thank God, there are those of us who believe that way!

:lol::lol:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Sarah, why don't you go back in your cage.

Wow. I just don't get what your problem is with me.

szsz is many things- I can't remember all of her titles but I know she's a social scientist, maybe a lawyer, I think she has her PhD in Islamic studies and she's a bodybuilder too. Just make me smile is all. I am not making fun of her which appears to be what you think. She made me smile with her post. Someday I'm going to have to ask her to make a list of places she has been and things she has studied.

Rebecca I'm sorry if you are offended that SZSZ's post made me smile.

Seriously though Rebecca, what have I done to get on your bad side?