1,752 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Today we received our hard copy NOA2. Our online status says the notice was mailed on Sept 24 but the mail bears Sept 30 stamp (I won't try to figure this out lol). It came pretty quick then. The receipt says our case has been sent to NVC but I guess it's a standard letter. Online status still does not mention case being sent to Dept of State. I guess I'll call NVC in about two days.

All still waiting, any news?

This is just ridiculous now ...

I am the beneficiary.
USCIS
12/20/2013 ... I-130 sent from France to Chicago lockbox
12/23/2013 ... I-130 received
12/27/2013 ... NOA1 email received
01/07/2014 ... I-797C receipt received: Nebraska Service Center, Priority Date: December 23, 2013
06/06/2014 ... "Alien Registration Number Change" email received
07/23/2014 ... e-Request filed. 7 months since NOA1!!!
08/07/2014 ... e-Request response: Security checks still pending
09/15/2014 ... After various requests NSC email received stating that petition is "assigned to an officer" ... Going on 9 months since NOA1
09/24/2014 ... I-130 FINALLY APPROVED!!! ... After 9 months and 1 day
10/15/2014 ... Case shipped to NVC, three weeks after NOA2

NVC
10/28/2014 ... NVC received
11/18/2014 ... Case # and IIN assigned
12/02/2014 ... NVC welcome email received
12/31/2014 ... AOS and IV packages received at NVC - Scan Date
03/05/2015 ... 3 N/As - CASE COMPLETE!!!
03/11/2015 ... P4 email received

Consulate
04/15/2015 ... Interview - APPROVED!!!

POE

06/21/2015 ... Brooklyn Red Hook Terminal. Unbelievable feeling.

N-400

11/07/2020 ... Filed online

11/07/2020 ... Priority Date on paper NOA

06/05/2021 ... Biometrics appointment scheduled for 07/02/2021

07/02/2021 ... Biometrics done

09/15/2021 ... Interview .. APPROVED!!! Same day oath!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I am still waiting on Haiti National Archive to register our marriage certificate. They are truly something else. They give us so many different stories to when they are going to register it. Something that basically takes a day, but we are dealing with Haiti here.

Hello everyone, I was just curious if there are any other december filers who still haven't recieved a NOA2 yet. I filed Dec. 5th 2013. I contacted USCIS and did a service request last month and they sent back stating the case was pending adjudication. I have also been in contact with my local congressmen to see if that can get things moving.

Hello December peeps. I just joined the forum for information and support.

We are one of the few left also waiting for approval. Since July we have submitted two service requests and emailed the NSC three weeks ago. In their last reply (around two weeks ago) they informed us that the security background checks were done and the petition was pending adjudication, but we haven't had news ever since.

I was advised in the email to wait 30 days before contacting them again. We were hopeful to be approved shortly after, but I am not so sure anymore. We shall wait and see.

Best luck to all of us. May we hear great news in the coming days.

event.png

Any idea how much time they take for background checks .Now its 10 month since NOA1 and when i can file service request again ?

Any idea how much time they take for background checks .Now its 10 month since NOA1 and when i can file service request again ?

This is just a speculation. I think they must have placed our petition under security background checks around the time they were adjudicating most December filers; let's assume it was around May, so it has probably taken five months to be done with background checks.

Our first service request was filed in July and it took a couple if weeks to get a reply, which stated that we were under scrutiny. I filed the second service request two months later, when the system would allow me. I filed it online and the system first let me know it was too soon to file it since the first service request was dated less than two months prior; I waited a couple more weeks and it finally allowed me to.

Just keep trying.

Edited by bluebeard

event.png

Hello everyone, I was just curious if there are any other december filers who still haven't recieved a NOA2 yet. I filed Dec. 5th 2013. I contacted USCIS and did a service request last month and they sent back stating the case was pending adjudication. I have also been in contact with my local congressmen to see if that can get things moving.

Yes there is a couple of still waiting for noa2. .still waiting for background checks to be cleared..

Hello December peeps. I just joined the forum for information and support.

We are one of the few left also waiting for approval. Since July we have submitted two service requests and emailed the NSC three weeks ago. In their last reply (around two weeks ago) they informed us that the security background checks were done and the petition was pending adjudication, but we haven't had news ever since.

I was advised in the email to wait 30 days before contacting them again. We were hopeful to be approved shortly after, but I am not so sure anymore. We shall wait and see.

Best luck to all of us. May we hear great news in the coming days.

Welcome and good luck..I guess your noa2 will arrive soon cause once the background checks are completed the rest don't usually take too long (for other people that I have seen..)

On 24 September nsc told me that my background checks are still not cleared an..they also said I should wait 3 months before I contact them again..that's already new year 2015..crazy

Don't lose hope guys, we recieved our I-130 email approval today after almost 10 months of waiting. I would suggest contacting the senator of state along with any and all congressman in your area. I started doing this about 2 weeks ago and all of a sudden we were approved. Best of Luck to all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.