1,752 posts in this topic

Omg am I the only one left?

I got a response to my service request today and it states mine hasn't cleared all security checks required, which is the same answer from my 2nd service request in early July. I dont understand how my friend who filed in March is already approved and we are all from Indonesia but his wife had never lived here. My husband lived here for nine years with a proper visa and he has a social security number. We dont have any security issues and i dont know what kind of security checks theyre running on us.

You are not the only one. I think at this point I have been waiting the longest NOA1 : 12/03/2013

no rfe, security checks are done. At this point the only thing I can think of is that my file has been lost, or misplaced. I am close to just giving up. My husband is a dual citizen of US and Canada and although he has never lived in Canada I am seriously considering giving it a try, I'm sure their immigration system can't be worse than dealing with USCIS.

On another note I am delighted that so many from my December family have been approved. Praying for the remainder of us.

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

CBO, your security checks are complete. So that's a good thing. Once you receive letter from them, provide what they want .i am sure remaining process will be fast. Do you have request for additional evidence or initial evidence?

i have request for additional information and no longer initial review does that mean something

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Last of this week.Hope hear some good news :)

I pray we hear a good news and we contacted the congressman at the same date.

USCIS-

Vermont Service Center

01/28/14: NOA1 (Priority Date)

03/24/15: Case Transferred from VSC to CSC

03/28/15: Hard copy of transfer received in mail

07/02/15: NOA2 ( I-130 Approved) - finally after long wait.

07/13/15: NOA2 (I-130 Approved letter hard copy)

NVC -

http://www.visajourn...php/NVC_Process

07/21/15: NVC received the case (informed during phone call to NVC on 07/25/2015)

xx/xx/15: Welcome letter received by e-mail

xx/xx/15: Agent chosen by phone

xx/xx/15: AOS FEE sent my mail

xx/xx/15: IV Invoice received by e-mail

08/xx/15: IV FEE payment sent by mail

xx/xx/15: AOS Package sent to NVC

xx/xx/15 : DS-260 Available and completed

xx/xx/15: Case Completed

Last of this week.Hope hear some good news :)

I feel it in my bones.. ...you are next....they've got bigger fish to catch....hang in there bro....be optimistic.....its coming.....

I also got response to the mail we sent to scopsscata. The background checks are still going on and I can contact them after 3 months again.. I don't know what to expect anymore..

ditto for you too....elifg.....good things come to those who wait, right??

i have request for additional information and no longer initial review does that mean something

cbo, you're time is coming too,,,,,,I'm sure uscis doesn't want you sticking around forever.....

I pray we hear a good news and we contacted the congressman at the same date.

can you fill in your timeline please....that really helps people ascertain your situation......its nice to know who everyone is in this big happy family!!!

it might be the weekend but its a good time to regroup....celebrate and give thanks for all the good things that have happened thus far......along with revitalizing ourselves for the busy week that lies ahead........hang in there friends.....

namaste

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I finally got my RFE letter in the mail. They do not want the unregistered marriage certificate they give you to prove your married (which was ok for my stepson petition which was approved with it), but instead they want the one from the Haiti National Archive that takes forever for them to register. We have been married over a year now and as of two weeks ago it still wasn't registered yet, my husband was advised that it will be ready for Monday, so am keeping my fingers cross.

I finally got my RFE letter in the mail. They do not want the unregistered marriage certificate they give you to prove your married (which was ok for my stepson petition which was approved with it), but instead they want the one from the Haiti National Archive that takes forever for them to register. We have been married over a year now and as of two weeks ago it still wasn't registered yet, my husband was advised that it will be ready for Monday, so am keeping my fingers cross.

and me too!

Ohhhh, you are sooooooo close. Your approval is just around the corner!!!! Yiiiiiipppppppeeeeeeee!

Get that baby in ASAP!

It must be a good feeling knowing your file is being being looked at and worked on. I pray other people hear good news soon.

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee

POE-??

I feel it in my bones.. ...you are next....they've got bigger fish to catch....hang in there bro....be optimistic.....its coming.....

ditto for you too....elifg.....good things come to those who wait, right?

Thank you mrs thb! I hope so...

cbo, you're time is coming too,,,,,,I'm sure uscis doesn't want you sticking around forever.....

can you fill in your timeline please....that really helps people ascertain your situation......its nice to know who everyone is in this big happy family!!!

it might be the weekend but its a good time to regroup....celebrate and give thanks for all the good things that have happened thus far......along with revitalizing ourselves for the busy week that lies ahead........hang in there friends.....

namaste

Got service request response just now :

Stated: "Your case has not cleared all required security checks at this time.we cant provide a specific date on which a final decision will be made "

Any one have idea?

I guess we are in the same boat mrs thb, today we receive this :

"On September 26, 2014, we transferred this case to your USCIS local field office for additional processing. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

Praying that this is some sort of mistake that can be fixed, as this is normally not a good thing from my quick research. It seems like shortly after this an interview is requested. I don't know why the heck we would receive this transfer, I am not filing aos, we have never had any immigration issues, no criminal records, we have a genuine marriage with plenty of proof including 8 years living together and 3 kids.

I feel like USCIS is screwing with us, but that's okay I somehow don't feel like despairing. Time to get in touch with our congressman and senator!

event.png

Got service request response just now :

Stated: "Your case has not cleared all required security checks at this time.we cant provide a specific date on which a final decision will be made "

Any one have idea?

yip, sit and wait. patience is a virtue. it will come faisal.sial.. i truly believe so. we've seen it with other cases here. one day you'll be in the clear....you gotta be strong.....and have faith. we have proof that our day will come....azim, axs, nanana, california_luv just to name a few have all been approved, albeit the wait was long. hang in there--good things (and maybe better things :luv::luv: ) come to those who wait!!! I'm here praying for you....and I'm a feb filer remember!!!

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee

POE-??

I guess we are in the same boat mrs thb, today we receive this :

"On September 26, 2014, we transferred this case to your USCIS local field office for additional processing. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

Praying that this is some sort of mistake that can be fixed, as this is normally not a good thing from my quick research. It seems like shortly after this an interview is requested. I don't know why the heck we would receive this transfer, I am not filing aos, we have never had any immigration issues, no criminal records, we have a genuine marriage with plenty of proof including 8 years living together and 3 kids.

I feel like USCIS is screwing with us, but that's okay I somehow don't feel like despairing. Time to get in touch with our congressman and senator!

fyzah, I seriously doubt its some sort of mistake....although I wish it was. your speculations may be right....and an interview is around the corner. if all is good and legit then you have no problems. Yah, its super frustrating and I certainly feel your pain....as I am living it!!! My sympathies are extended to all of you.....the wait isn't easy but frustration and angst won't get you any further.

I have resolved that I can do nothing but be patient and I know that both my husband and I are good people, in the clear and this is merely due diligence on someone's behalf. Best be keeping the country that we aspire to move to safe, right??? Although I have researched the pay, job expectations and responsibilities of a USCIS employee extensively and believe I could fulfill the position well, I don't believe I would want it. Sometimes taking a step backwards and looking at it from this perspective helps.

Yes, today, the glass is half full. This process isn't easy. We're all here for each other...you...providing wisdom and encouragement. You must remain hopeful and positive.....we are here for you...just as you'll be here tomorrow for me/us when the glass is nearing empty.

Hang on.....we are here for you. pm if you want.

Edited by mrs thb

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee

POE-??

Thank you mrs thb,

I emailed our congressman and senator who we had both been in touch with before this, to inquire exactly where it was sent to and if possible why. As soon as we know, my husband will make an infopass appointment with the office, and see if he can get some clarity.

After 10 months of waiting this was not what I was expecting, but like you said there is not a whole lot I can do but to be patient. My mood is a lot better today as I realize how much I love my husband,kids, and how thankful I am for all the blessings I have. Although we are currently apart , I am lucky to have the ability to visit my husband with the kids during this process, a privileged that many others aren't afforded.

I will definitely be following you, and pray that you get an approval notice soon.

event.png

Thank you mrs thb,

I emailed our congressman and senator who we had both been in touch with before this, to inquire exactly where it was sent to and if possible why. As soon as we know, my husband will make an infopass appointment with the office, and see if he can get some clarity.

After 10 months of waiting this was not what I was expecting, but like you said there is not a whole lot I can do but to be patient. My mood is a lot better today as I realize how much I love my husband,kids, and how thankful I am for all the blessings I have. Although we are currently apart , I am lucky to have the ability to visit my husband with the kids during this process, a privileged that many others aren't afforded.

I will definitely be following you, and pray that you get an approval notice soon.

a few days after we got text notice of transfer we called uscis. after we put in our case number we got a automated message where our case was transferred, you might want to try this monday and tuesday to find out. about a week or a week and a half later, if your case isn't transferred yet again, like ours, you will get a hard copy in the mail.

I am praying very diligently for you....its not right for mom's and dad's with kids to be separated like this.....I cannot imagine. We each have children (adult) but not together. I applaud you for managing alone.....you are one amazing woman!!!!

Keep those babes safe and cozy....they're little only once and they need you. Put all your energies toward them. Hubby will be joining you all soon. :yes:

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee

POE-??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.