Anu Arun

do we need to submit PCC in NVC if we are under Mumbai consulate?

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

why wouldn't the passport office issue a new PCC if you needed it?

Not sure and will know soon. they just issued one in September 2013. Don't know if they will issue another one in Jan/Feb just before the interview since they issued one 3 months before and PCC are valid for one yr.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Not sure and will know soon. they just issued one in September 2013. Don't know if they will issue another one in Jan/Feb just before the interview since they issued one 3 months before and PCC are valid for one yr.

Please share info with us too vijay. Thats why i am confused..i heard that we need to submit recent PCC @ consulate,not in NVCunsure.png

even y'day i called NVC,they told PCC not needed while NVC processing.........I dont understand anything.

Timeline

Please share info with us too vijay. Thats why i am confused..i heard that we need to submit recent PCC @ consulate,not in NVCunsure.png

even y'day i called NVC,they told PCC not needed while NVC processing.........I dont understand anything.

As per DOS website you need to send PCC to NVC for them to process your docs. Now in the same DOS website when you click on "Reciprocity by country" with respect to PCC it mentions only about PCC from Passport office for Indian Nationals age 16 and higher provided they haven't worked or stayed in another country for more than a year.

Now if you go to the mumbai consulate webpage, on one link PCC from both passport office and District police office are needed for the applicant. Now in another link in the same mumbai consulate webpage, PCC from passport office is all that is needed for Indian nationals.

Contradicting information all around. So, if i were you i would get a PCC from Passport office send it to NVC and see if we can get another one closer to the interview. If they need the PCC from district police office as well which is what the "checklist" i believe we got after our Case complete then i suppose that needs to be provided as well at the time of interview.

I emailed mumbai consulate with this question and they did not answer it properly. Emailed them again.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

As per DOS website you need to send PCC to NVC for them to process your docs. Now in the same DOS website when you click on "Reciprocity by country" with respect to PCC it mentions only about PCC from Passport office for Indian Nationals age 16 and higher provided they haven't worked or stayed in another country for more than a year.

Now if you go to the mumbai consulate webpage, on one link PCC from both passport office and District police office are needed for the applicant. Now in another link in the same mumbai consulate webpage, PCC from passport office is all that is needed for Indian nationals.

Contradicting information all around. So, if i were you i would get a PCC from Passport office send it to NVC and see if we can get another one closer to the interview. If they need the PCC from district police office as well which is what the "checklist" i believe we got after our Case complete then i suppose that needs to be provided as well at the time of interview.

I emailed mumbai consulate with this question and they did not answer it properly. Emailed them again.

Hai,did u get any reply from mumbai consulate??

Timeline

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for responding to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you have few queries regarding passport clearance certificate and police clearance certificate.

With regards to your queries, we would like to inform you that:

1 )All Indian IV applicants aged 16 and above, residing in India, should obtain police certificates from the local Passport Office.
2) Indian passport holders applying for visas outside India should obtain a statement from their local embassy or consulate confirming they have no criminal record.
3) Police clearance certificate is valid for one year from the date issuance.
4) Passport Clearance Certificate should obtain from the regional passport office.
5) Passport clearance certificate is valid for one year from the date issuance. For further queries regarding the passport clearance certificate, we request you to contact the officials at the passport office.

You may follow the link http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html#police to know information regarding Police Certificates

We hope this answers your queries.
Have a pleasant day!

Yours sincerely,
U.S. Visa Service Desk.

• 4 months later...
Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

NVC would not allow our case to proceed without the PCC. Police Records are required documents as vkrishn stated above.

This is not germane to the subject

Your consulate was Delhi.

Timeline

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for responding to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you have few queries regarding passport clearance certificate and police clearance certificate.

With regards to your queries, we would like to inform you that:

1 )All Indian IV applicants aged 16 and above, residing in India, should obtain police certificates from the local Passport Office.

2) Indian passport holders applying for visas outside India should obtain a statement from their local embassy or consulate confirming they have no criminal record.

3) Police clearance certificate is valid for one year from the date issuance.

4) Passport Clearance Certificate should obtain from the regional passport office.

5) Passport clearance certificate is valid for one year from the date issuance. For further queries regarding the passport clearance certificate, we request you to contact the officials at the passport office.

You may follow the link http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html#police to know information regarding Police Certificates

We hope this answers your queries.

Have a pleasant day!

Yours sincerely,

U.S. Visa Service Desk.

I think your post may not reflect the official position as stated by the NVC.

Any operator will clarify that for the Mumbai consulate a PCC is NOT needed at the NVC stage.

I think they make an exception just for gujarat.

Timeline

I think your post may not reflect the official position as stated by the NVC.

Any operator will clarify that for the Mumbai consulate a PCC is NOT needed at the NVC stage.

I think they make an exception just for gujarat.

Not true. I went through the NVC process and wife had her interview at the Mumbai consulate. We had to submit the PCC and were "specifically" told to submit PCC for mumbai consulate by NVC.

Timeline

Not true. I went through the NVC process and wife had her interview at the Mumbai consulate. We had to submit the PCC and were "specifically" told to submit PCC for mumbai consulate by NVC.

My friend.

The question is not about submitting the PCC.

Its about what step it should be submitted at.

Based on what I have heard from the rest, it is transparent, that a PCC is NOT needed at the NVC stage.

You take the checklist - take it to the PSK, get a PCC and bring it to the interview.

Not sure where you are coming from my friend.

Timeline

My friend.

The question is not about submitting the PCC.

Its about what step it should be submitted at.

Based on what I have heard from the rest, it is transparent, that a PCC is NOT needed at the NVC stage.

You take the checklist - take it to the PSK, get a PCC and bring it to the interview.

Not sure where you are coming from my friend.

I understood the question and i can't comment based on what i have "heard" since we were told to submit the PCC at the NVC stage with IV docs by the NVC rep as well. If its really transparent like what you say, do you care to show a web link where it clearly states that PCC is not needed at the NVC stage at Mumbai? Something in writing? It is sometimes a miss and a hit with NVC reps so nothing in clear. What is transparent is what is shown on the DOS website where it indicates that a PCC is needed with IV docs at NVC stage.

I wouldn't make a generalized statement like what you did without going through the process but basing it on hearsay.

Edited by vkrishn

Timeline

Anyways good luck to you my friend. If it works out for you without a PCC at the NVC stage then good. For F2A cases every day is important especially with the screwed up Visa bulletin and if one gets a checklist and gets delayed because of not submitting the PCC at the NVC stage it might be a long wait.

Timeline

Anyways good luck to you my friend. If it works out for you without a PCC at the NVC stage then good. For F2A cases every day is important especially with the screwed up Visa bulletin and if one gets a checklist and gets delayed because of not submitting the PCC at the NVC stage it might be a long wait.

Not F2A. IR-1, former LPR for 4 years.

I spoke to a different NVC operator every day in the last 10 days including 2 supervisors who made it clear that Mumbai specifically does not mandate a PCC.

They do it just because the great state of gujarat does not allow for PCCs in lieu of a missing checklist/interview letter.

I heard that straight from the horse's mouth. They are doing it to facilitate the process.

Outside of that, I've had PMs with 7 different VJ members who went through the same process - mumbai - got checklisted - then got told by the operator that they've got the interview.

I got what I came to VJ for.

Take it easy man.

Timeline

Not F2A. IR-1, former LPR for 4 years.

I spoke to a different NVC operator every day in the last 10 days including 2 supervisors who made it clear that Mumbai specifically does not mandate a PCC.

They do it just because the great state of gujarat does not allow for PCCs in lieu of a missing checklist/interview letter.

I heard that straight from the horse's mouth. They are doing it to facilitate the process.

Outside of that, I've had PMs with 7 different VJ members who went through the same process - mumbai - got checklisted - then got told by the operator that they've got the interview.

I got what I came to VJ for.

Take it easy man.

Good for you and good to know you got your time's worth in VJ and i wasn't commenting about your status but the issue with respect to F2A where time can be wasted if one gets a checklist because of lack of PCC and time is valuable for F2A since they are bound by VB and don't have the luxury like an IR/CR(Like your case) where VB doesn't matter!. so again may be it applies to IR/CR and not F2A(who knows). Horse mouth is different each time (especially with respect to NVC and i got three different answers so lets not go there) and my experiences speaking to NVC has been different. So lets agree to disagree and for the record again if it was "that transparent" like what you quote it has to be published somewhere (duh!). I don't want to preach something that isn't clear and I am done with the NVC process +Interview so its all easy for me than for someone who is going through the NVC process.

• 2 months later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

why wouldn't the passport office issue a new PCC if you needed it?

I have one question...I have read in the us embassy site that on the interview date entry wont be allowed if we dont have PCC and if v have to send PCC to NVC then how is it possible...do v need to have two copies of PCC....i m confused...

people who have gone through this process please help...

my embassy is mumbai

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.