indiak1

Interview Tomorrow! Are we ready?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Sorry for the exhaustive list but this is what we have. If anyone could let me know if it seems like im missing anything??

Passport

· Required 2x2 photos

· DS160 confirmation page

· Birth certificate of beneficiary (original and photocopy)

· Police Report

· Medical Report

· Biometrics Receipt

· Fees

· I-134 Affidavit of Support

· I-134 Supporting Evidence

Primary sponsor:

- Signed Employer letter

- Pay Stubs 10 Oct 10 Dec 2013

- Bank Statements

- Tax returns 2008-2012

- Form W-2 2008-2012

- Explanation of late filing for year 2012

- Birth certificate

Co-sponsor:

- Signed Employer Letter

- Pay Stubs

- Bank statements

- Mortgage

- House appraisal

- Birth Certificate

Proof of relationship

- about 14 pictures from the time we met until now

- WhatsApp Transcript Excerpts (Oct Dec 2013)

- FB Messages (Aug Nov 2013)

- Call Logs (Oct Dec 2013)

- Flight itineraries and passport pic, petitioners Indian visa and applicable passport stamps

Other Supporting Evidence:

- fiancee (petitioner) letter of continuous intent (Nov 2013)

- Marriage invitation list (~10 people only)

- Parental Consents (we're in our mid 20s but using this as proof to show our families approve if the marriage)

- Address Explanation (petitioner has multiple addresses)

License

to prove permanent address

Lease to prove secondary address

-copy of i129f

Timeline

Unfortunately we dont have many more photos than what we are providing. The photos we have are something like: one of our first dates, vacation photos, his graduation with me and his parents, pictures from when I traveled to India, and a few other random pictures from our time together. We are giving mostly all we have. Do you think this is enough? We have some more that are very similar/from the same times as some of the ones we are providing. Do you think this is enough?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Unfortunately we dont have many more photos than what we are providing. The photos we have are something like: one of our first dates, vacation photos, his graduation with me and his parents, pictures from when I traveled to India, and a few other random pictures from our time together. We are giving mostly all we have. Do you think this is enough? We have some more that are very similar/from the same times as some of the ones we are providing. Do you think this is enough?

It seems like you have a lot of good evidence. I would write the date and location on the backs of the photos. That way, should the CO choose to look through them closely, it will show a timeline.

If you have any receipts from gifts, letters, or engagement ring receipts I would attach those too.

Have you added him to your lease (if you rent), car insurance, or bank accounts yet? If so, add these things as well.

Best of luck on the upcoming interview!

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Timeline

We didnt have any written letters, and most of our email correspondences were just about the visa and not very telling of a relationship (just like attached documents and a brief description) since most of our communication was done through messaging serivces (and some of those transcripts we are providing). My engagement ring is actually my late grandmother's ring, so no receipt (and also no formal ceremony to document with pictures/etc), since our engagement was decided upon during my visit to India rather than a formal proposal. Adding him to my lease/bank accounts is a great idea.... but unfortunately i dont think i will have time now before the interview :( just 24 more hours and due to the time difference, by the time i could get that done it would be evening there and he wouldnt be able to print that proof anyways.

Any other suggestions or tips? Maybe include any other letters or statements or our relationship? Any other documents that i could give?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves that phase. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

We didnt have any written letters, and most of our email correspondences were just about the visa and not very telling of a relationship (just like attached documents and a brief description) since most of our communication was done through messaging serivces (and some of those transcripts we are providing). My engagement ring is actually my late grandmother's ring, so no receipt (and also no formal ceremony to document with pictures/etc), since our engagement was decided upon during my visit to India rather than a formal proposal. Adding him to my lease/bank accounts is a great idea.... but unfortunately i dont think i will have time now before the interview sad.png just 24 more hours and due to the time difference, by the time i could get that done it would be evening there and he wouldnt be able to print that proof anyways.

Any other suggestions or tips? Maybe include any other letters or statements or our relationship? Any other documents that i could give?

You could include an "evolution of your relationship" letter that acts as a timeline of how your relationship progressed. Include things such as how you met, when your relationship got serious, when you decided to meet each other (if you met online), when you got engaged, etc.....

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Timeline

Sure that sounds like a great idea! And we did not meet online actually, we met at school in the US.. so maybe I can put those details in there as well.

Have you gone for an interview? Any idea what kind of questions my fiance could expect? Does the CO ofteb critique the documents and ask questions arising from them? Or are the questions typically more standard?

Thanks for all the help!

Timeline

Sure that sounds like a great idea! And we did not meet online actually, we met at school in the US.. so maybe I can put those details in there as well.

Have you gone for an interview? Any idea what kind of questions my fiance could expect? Does the CO ofteb critique the documents and ask questions arising from them? Or are the questions typically more standard?

Thanks for all the help!

I haven't gone through the interview personally yet. My hubby and I are waiting for an interview date.

My suggestion is to go to the India consulate review section in the India portal. Read through the reviews. Many members have posted sample questions that were asked at the interview.

Are you attending the interview with your fiance? Which consulate is the interview at?

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

You have everything you need, dont worry.

Mark my words, you are gonna get approved.

K-1 Timeline

Click Here to see our complete Timeline!

14 November 2013 - Sent I-129F Package

18 November 2013 - NOA1 (4 days after sending package)

21 November 2013 - Recieved Text and E-mail with Case Number NOA1

25 November 2013 - Received NOA1 Hardcopy in Mail

25 November 2013 - Alien Registration Number Changed

14 January 2014 - NOA2 (54 days after NOA1)

17 January 2014 - USCIS Shipped to NVC

29th January 2014 - NVC Recieved and assigned Case #

4th February 2014 - Abu Dhabi Embassy Recieved our case and the status is now "READY" for interview

24th September 2014 - Interview date - FINGERS CROSSED!

Sorry for the exhaustive list but this is what we have. If anyone could let me know if it seems like im missing anything??

Passport

· Required 2x2 photos

· DS160 confirmation page

· Birth certificate of beneficiary (original and photocopy)

· Police Report

· Medical Report

· Biometrics Receipt

· Fees

· I-134 Affidavit of Support

· I-134 Supporting Evidence

Primary sponsor:

- Signed Employer letter

- Pay Stubs 10 Oct 10 Dec 2013

- Bank Statements

- Tax returns 2008-2012

- Form W-2 2008-2012

- Explanation of late filing for year 2012

- Birth certificate

Co-sponsor:

- Signed Employer Letter

- Pay Stubs

- Bank statements

- Mortgage

- House appraisal

- Birth Certificate

Proof of relationship

- about 14 pictures from the time we met until now

- WhatsApp Transcript Excerpts (Oct Dec 2013)

- FB Messages (Aug Nov 2013)

- Call Logs (Oct Dec 2013)

- Flight itineraries and passport pic, petitioners Indian visa and applicable passport stamps

Other Supporting Evidence:

- fiancee (petitioner) letter of continuous intent (Nov 2013)

- Marriage invitation list (~10 people only)

- Parental Consents (we're in our mid 20s but using this as proof to show our families approve if the marriage)

- Address Explanation (petitioner has multiple addresses)

License

to prove permanent address

Lease to prove secondary address

-copy of i129f

Tax return or transcripts of the co-sponsor will be required. Also, if the co-sponsor is using the house as an asset to meet the minimum income requirements and it is their primary residence, chances are it will be rejected. Since the interview has taken place by now, I would be curious of the outcome so I can amend my advice in the future based on an actual event.

I hope the interview goes well,

Dave

Timeline

No, the tax information and w2 are not REQUIRED at all embassies as long as the claims are supported with other evidence. Also, both the sponsor and cosponsor have an income well over the poverty line (but the job of the primary sponsor was just acquired this year so we used a cosponsor to be safe).

We were approved with what i had listed. Thanks all for your help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.