BethAnn and Omar

Is this normal? Question about post-interview approval

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Guys,

Sorry that I keep posting but I am kind of freaking out at this point. Hubby's CR1 visa was approved in Kingston Jamaica on November 26th. DOS says everything looks really good and there are no problems with our case. CO said we would have the visa in about a week. I now know not to listen to the CO. But status on CEAC still says ready. Its updated every day but status is not moving and its going on two weeks. I left Jamaica yesterday without my husband it was so hard. I'm feeling a little depressed at this point. Should I be concerned? I feel so helpless. I call DOS everyday and they tell me it is just going through normal processing.

Sorry but I just need to vent. I thought this was over and here we are with no visa. Can someone just make me feel better please? I am praying that something will change this week and hubby will be able to come on Saturday. Is this a pipe dream?

Thanks for listening.

BethAnn

August 4 2012: filed i130

December 5 2012: noa1

May 8:2013: noa2

June 3 2013: case received at NVC

August 26 2013: AOS package received at NVC

Sept 19 2013: case complete

October 1 2013: interview date received from NVC

Nov 26 2013: interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Every thing Will be fine the guy told her 5 days you will have your visa that was on November 7 called dos everyday and was told everything is ok with the file it just has to go to normal Administrative processing and I didn't get one status update on the CEAC web and finally on December 1 status finally change to AP, December 2 visa issued so just hang in their.

Timeline

Every thing Will be fine the guy told her 5 days you will have your visa that was on November 7 called dos everyday and was told everything is ok with the file it just has to go to normal Administrative processing and I didn't get one status update on the CEAC web and finally on December 1 status finally change to AP, December 2 visa issued so just hang in their.

Thank you for that. I am just a little upset right now. I wasn't expecting to have to leave Jamaica without Omar. I am not good at this waiting thing.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

look at things this way the hardest part is over...your husband was approved and that will not change....you are at the point where you are positive that he will be with you soon...plus the greatest thing you had the opportunity of spending some quality time with him.....I can understand your frustration...look at me my fiance received his visa prior to thanksgiving as I had hoped but unfortunately I am still in the waiting process....Unfortunately someone had crashed my fiances' car and he has been dealing with this insurance issue since July...He can't leave before this matter has been resolved because he has to take care of some things regarding the car before he leaves....KMT...SMH... I am some what OK though because I know that when this is all over he will be coming.

I can tolerate to wait for any other reason other than the interview process because hearing the words approved/denied is the most critical stage of the process/journey and you are past that so breathe...drink a glass of wine and just relax...I am hopeful he will get it before thursday....Did I say welcome back? did you bring me some of the beautiful sunshine or a little sand? lol

Timeline

we were approved AUG 30th and are still waiting on my fiancés passport.. they have no rhyme or reason. its hard keep your faith and be blessed.. we have our wedding planed for Fed 1st if we don't hear with in 2 more weeks I have to change the date and that means change everything ..you can imagine how im freaking out inside.. but I stay calm cause its in Gods hands.. hang in there.. soon come!

Timeline

Don't worry. This is the most daunting part of the process...I feel. Its true the hardest part is over. To answer your question, it is normal. I too have been in shoes like so many here. This is a true test of your patience. DOS will never give you a clear answer. If you are seeing CEAC updated several times - and there is no correlation with email inquiries submitted by you or your husband, then take it as they are working on your case. Try to occupy your time the best way possible and try to prepare your husbands home coming.....I see you are in CT and it will be a hard transition to go from the sun to these cloudy dreary days.

Timeline

Don't worry. This is the most daunting part of the process...I feel. Its true the hardest part is over. To answer your question, it is normal. I too have been in shoes like so many here. This is a true test of your patience. DOS will never give you a clear answer. If you are seeing CEAC updated several times - and there is no correlation with email inquiries submitted by you or your husband, then take it as they are working on your case. Try to occupy your time the best way possible and try to prepare your husbands home coming.....I see you are in CT and it will be a hard transition to go from the sun to these cloudy dreary days.

Thank you. Im sure you guys must be so sick of hearing from me by now but I am so upset. I can't stop crying. I just want this to be over. Leaving Jamaica without my husband was so hard. I just hope he will be here within the next few weeks.

Timeline

Hi Guys,

Sorry that I keep posting but I am kind of freaking out at this point. Hubby's CR1 visa was approved in Kingston Jamaica on November 26th. DOS says everything looks really good and there are no problems with our case. CO said we would have the visa in about a week. I now know not to listen to the CO. But status on CEAC still says ready. Its updated every day but status is not moving and its going on two weeks. I left Jamaica yesterday without my husband it was so hard. I'm feeling a little depressed at this point. Should I be concerned? I feel so helpless. I call DOS everyday and they tell me it is just going through normal processing.

Sorry but I just need to vent. I thought this was over and here we are with no visa. Can someone just make me feel better please? I am praying that something will change this week and hubby will be able to come on Saturday. Is this a pipe dream?

Thanks for listening.

BethAnn

Hi BethAnn,

I'm so excited for you...having gotten to this point in your journey. Your hubby has gone through the interview and that is the penultimate end.

My husband and I got married in October 2013, and we only spent one week together (including a 3-day honeymoon). He left me to return to the US to start the process in January, and I miss him more with every passing day, ...so our journey has not even started yet. I understand what it feels like to leave your (or watch your spouse leave) when there's nothing you can do. Take comfort in the fact that you have crossed the major hurdles and the only hiccup is waiting on your hubby to get his Passport with that visa in it.

I pass the time by reading the stories of other VJers here and empathize with the pain (even while I brace myself for the ride). He will soon be there.

event.png

April 2, 2014: I-130 Filed with Chicago Lockbox

April 7, 2014: Packaged received by USCIS

April 8, 2014: Received NOA 1

Sept. 17, 2014: Received NOA 2. Case APPROVED with no RFEs

Oct. 17, 2014: Case # Assigned by NVC (Same day case was received, according to Julian # calculation)

Oct. 21, 2014: Received letter from NVC

Oct. 22, 2014: DS-261 completed and submitted to NVC

Oct. 31, 2014: Paid AOS invoice

Dec 08, 2014: Sent in IV & AoS packages

Dec 11, 2014: Package received by NVC

Dec 12, 2014: Received email from NVC acknowledging receipt. I assume this is our scan date

Dec 25, 2014: Paid IV bill

Dec 29, 2014: Funds deducted from bank account. DS-260 became available, and was completed

Dec 30, 2014: Submitted DS-260

Feb. 12, 2015: Case Complete with NO checklist! whoot, whoot!

Mar. 25, 2015: Received P4. Interview

April 29,2015: Completed medical examination

May 13, 2015: Interview Date APPROVED :dancing:

May 19, 2015: Received Package

Oct. 22, 2015: Travelled to my new home :) (In order to get IR-1 Green Card) Expiration date on IR-1/CR-1 Visa - Oct. 29, 2015

Nov 10, 2015: Received Social Security Card

Jan 4, 2016: LPR Green Card arrived.

Timeline

look at things this way the hardest part is over...your husband was approved and that will not change....you are at the point where you are positive that he will be with you soon...plus the greatest thing you had the opportunity of spending some quality time with him.....I can understand your frustration...look at me my fiance received his visa prior to thanksgiving as I had hoped but unfortunately I am still in the waiting process....Unfortunately someone had crashed my fiances' car and he has been dealing with this insurance issue since July...He can't leave before this matter has been resolved because he has to take care of some things regarding the car before he leaves....KMT...SMH... I am some what OK though because I know that when this is all over he will be coming.

I can tolerate to wait for any other reason other than the interview process because hearing the words approved/denied is the most critical stage of the process/journey and you are past that so breathe...drink a glass of wine and just relax...I am hopeful he will get it before thursday....Did I say welcome back? did you bring me some of the beautiful sunshine or a little sand? lol

Extremehappiness,

I hope he gets through with the insurance company within the time frame he needs to use his visa. The insurance companies here can sometimes be very tardy and cause the process to drag out longer than it should. July to December is a long period to wait for an insurance issue to be resolved. I pray he doesn't have to wait into the new year, or he may have to leave and come back to Jamaica. Can't have the insurance company mess up your future because of their tardiness.

event.png

April 2, 2014: I-130 Filed with Chicago Lockbox

April 7, 2014: Packaged received by USCIS

April 8, 2014: Received NOA 1

Sept. 17, 2014: Received NOA 2. Case APPROVED with no RFEs

Oct. 17, 2014: Case # Assigned by NVC (Same day case was received, according to Julian # calculation)

Oct. 21, 2014: Received letter from NVC

Oct. 22, 2014: DS-261 completed and submitted to NVC

Oct. 31, 2014: Paid AOS invoice

Dec 08, 2014: Sent in IV & AoS packages

Dec 11, 2014: Package received by NVC

Dec 12, 2014: Received email from NVC acknowledging receipt. I assume this is our scan date

Dec 25, 2014: Paid IV bill

Dec 29, 2014: Funds deducted from bank account. DS-260 became available, and was completed

Dec 30, 2014: Submitted DS-260

Feb. 12, 2015: Case Complete with NO checklist! whoot, whoot!

Mar. 25, 2015: Received P4. Interview

April 29,2015: Completed medical examination

May 13, 2015: Interview Date APPROVED :dancing:

May 19, 2015: Received Package

Oct. 22, 2015: Travelled to my new home :) (In order to get IR-1 Green Card) Expiration date on IR-1/CR-1 Visa - Oct. 29, 2015

Nov 10, 2015: Received Social Security Card

Jan 4, 2016: LPR Green Card arrived.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Extremehappiness,

I hope he gets through with the insurance company within the time frame he needs to use his visa. The insurance companies here can sometimes be very tardy and cause the process to drag out longer than it should. July to December is a long period to wait for an insurance issue to be resolved. I pray he doesn't have to wait into the new year, or he may have to leave and come back to Jamaica. Can't have the insurance company mess up your future because of their tardiness.

Thank you...I can see...it's almost as if they don't care....they are so slow...I just have to keep my fingers crossed...Thank you for your word of encouragement.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Beth Ann,

i understand your pain, I waited 78 days to have my hubby and my baby to be with me.I sent 20 emails in 2 days expressing how i felt and told them i need my family for thanksgiving, not sure if they care or was annoyed but through God my wish was granted...Keep praying and keep the faith...God will grant you your wish at the right time...I am in Ct now and its cold so I know you need your husband, lets pray your husband will get it before the week ends...send an email and see what happen...give it a try at KingstonIV@state.gov...Lots of blessings

Timeline

Beth Ann,

i understand your pain, I waited 78 days to have my hubby and my baby to be with me.I sent 20 emails in 2 days expressing how i felt and told them i need my family for thanksgiving, not sure if they care or was annoyed but through God my wish was granted...Keep praying and keep the faith...God will grant you your wish at the right time...I am in Ct now and its cold so I know you need your husband, lets pray your husband will get it before the week ends...send an email and see what happen...give it a try at KingstonIV@state.gov...Lots of blessings

Thanks so much Sharwal. I did email the embassy today and I called DOS four times lol and they were rude to me. They told me nothing just that everything is normal and to give it time, that the case is still pending whatever that means. I know I am obsessing over this but I just want my husband here with me. I can't stand the waiting anymore it is really eating me alive.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.