finalempress

November 2013 TSC Filers

1,348 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

That is wonderful news, after all your waiting. Congratulations!!!!

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

We had our interview in Doha yesterday and we are......APPROOOOOOOVED!!!! Took us this long to pull ourselves together enough to post :PThe interview itself was absurdly simple*, just a few questions about where and when we met, when/how he proposed, if his family was supportive (he's Muslim, I'm Christian), and when/where we plan to get married. That was it. He told us Mbrok (congratulations!) and told us that my fiancé should be able to pick up his passport within the next few days!!!

Our CEAC status now reads Administrative Processing, which if I understand correctly means that they are in the process of prepping the entry packet and printing the visa (normal timeline ~ 2-3 business days).It still makes me nervous though, hearing horror stories of people that get stuck in AP for long periods without any updates.

With a verbal approval, there's no reason to think this would be the case, correct? I'd be especially curious to hear from others who had gone through the USEM in Doha, though I know there aren't very many...how long did their AP take?

I'm pretty sure this anxiety is largely due to the fact that I haven't yet rid myself of the neurotic habits developed during the NOA2 waiting period, so feel free to tell me to knock it off and celebrate!

Anyway, thank you to all of you thinking of us and sending good vibes our way yesterday :D

D&Wontheroad, shooting them back at you for tomorrow - good luck!!!!

*I, the petitioner, was in attendance, which I would encourage everyone to do if the Embassy allows it and you can swing it logistically. It was a HUGE stress-reducer to both of us and I think it really does help if the interviewer is able to actually see the dynamics between the couple.

Congratulations. I'm not sure about administrative processing. Our interview is April 30 but our status was changed to administrative processing April 14. It's a bit confusing.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Can you explain "count the file date as the beginning of the five month period." ??

They start the clock from your file date, which im confused as to if it is the date you mailed it or the date they received it.

For us it is really a moot point because we mailed on November 18 and they received on the 19th. Our NOA1 letter is dated the 22 but I didn't receive a notification via text or email until the 25th. Really it doesn't matter what date they are going off because it is all very similar for us. This Friday will be our 5 month if you are counting the latest for our NOA1.

Either way getting really frustrated, Senators offices have not responded to me yet and still no word from USCIS. This really is getting ridiculous.

Edited by TheFoxxy

11/18/2013 - Filed I-129F
11/25/2013 - NOA1 text/email received
05/01/2014 - NOA2 text/Email received
06/18/2014 - Interview - Approved
07/31/2014 - Point of Entry
10/17/2014 - Married
10/23/2014 - Filed AOS/EAD/AP
11/07/2014 - 3x NOA1 text/emails received

12/05/2014 - Biometrics

12/22/2014 - EAD/AP Approved

01/02/2015 - EAD/AP Card Received

Sorry to hear all that, Foxxy :( I was really hoping that during time I was away you'll get your approval.

A little update on mine situation - I arrived to US without much troubles and we got married on Sunday :) Now slowly starting to prepare to fill AoS..

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Timeline

Wow congrats! very happy for you!

10/17/2014 - Married

12/05/2014 - Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Roel, that's lovely news. :)

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks so much, SparklePony!! We feel really lucky that things have gone so smoothly since the anxiety of the NOA2 waiting period...which your advice and kind words helped us push through, by the way, so thank you again!

Hoping that your court ruling comes through quickly (should be soon-ish, from what you've said, right?) and that the rest of the process is a breeze. Thinking of you with fingers crossed!

That is wonderful news, after all your waiting. Congratulations!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Quick general update about my last post re: post-interview AP...

I was apparently getting myself all worried over nothing (haha, wouldn't be the first time during this process!) because my fiancé received a call from the USEM (Doha) yesterday, less than 24 hours after his interview, informing him that the visa had been issued!!

He's collecting his passport from the Embassy this afternoon!!

Also, for the rest of you who had interviews this week, how did things go?? Let us know!!

Whoohaa! That's a fast train all of a sudden haha! Good for you! :) ours went fast after noa2, but not that fast hahah! Sending good mojos for Tuesdays, send me some back on Thursday :P we have our interview ion Amsterdam then :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Just had the interview in Amsterdam and we are approved!!! :) Will recieve my passport with visa in the next 3 days:)!! Yay!

My ticket is booked and leaving the 19th of May for the US :) and our small wedding is planner for the 27th of june, the big one to follow next year! So excited!

K1

18th Nov 2013 - Mailed K-1 visa application

22th Nov 2013 - Received NOA1 (with official receipt date of 20th Nov 2013 on the petition) from TSC

3rd March 2014 - Received NOA2 through email notification (101 days after NOA1)

10th March 2014 - Received hardcopy NOA2

12th March 2014 - Case shipped from TSC to NVC, notification through email

21st March 2014 - Received Case number from NVC after calling them

24th March 2014 - Case shipped to Amsterdam Consulate "in transit"

26th March 2014 - Case status changed to arrived "Ready"

26th March 2014 - Received packet 3 through mail, after contacting them through email

27th March 2014 - Returned Packet 3

3rd of April2014 - Received Packet 4 via post with interview data ( they dont give this information through email)

11th of April 2014 - Medical appointment

24th of April 2014 - Interview date - APPROVED!

2nd of May 2014 - Received Passport back in the mail

19th of May 2014 - MOVED! POE Atlanta - Never been faster through customs, no lines and it took the officer about 10 minutes to process my papers. Very friendly.

June 10th 2014 - Applied for SSN - They could not find me in the system yet, but the lady was very friendly and said she would process it later and call me in case she needed any more information or would foresee any delay past 2 weeks she would call me.

June 16th 2014 - Received my SSN

June 16th 2014 - Got our marriage licence - Although they said I did not need a SSN in case I had not received it yet. We called ahead.

June 27th 2014- Got Married!

Adjustment of Status

July 23rd 2014 - Applied for Adjustment of Status (Inc EAD / AP)

August 8th 2014 - NOA1

August 11th 2014 - Requested Expedite processing on AP

August 18th 2014 - Received appointment letter Biometrics Appointment

August 19th 2014 - Expedite request completed - AP approved and produced

August 28th 2014 - Biometics appointment

October 2014 - AoS Approved

January 29th 2015 - Green Card Received

Lifting Conditions

November 4th - Applied for Removal of Conditions

November 16th - NOA1

December 6th - Biometrics Appointment

Waiting....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So I called USCIS this morning and put a service request in since we are outside the 5 month period. They said that a decision or update on my case will be made within 30 days from today..

I don't know if I should be glad or sad because I'm starting to worry something is wrong with our case. Even though I made sure we had everything and our case is fairly straight forward..

Maybe I am just being paranoid, anyways keep your fingers crossed for us guys.. thanks!(

HI TheFoxxy,

did you have any issues putting in a service request? I called today, and neither a tier 2 officer, or supervisor, would put in a request saying they couldn't because it wasn't past their internal processing times.

Timeline

HI TheFoxxy,

did you have any issues putting in a service request? I called today, and neither a tier 2 officer, or supervisor, would put in a request saying they couldn't because it wasn't past their internal processing times.

Wow.. I am really sorry to hear that. They are clearly wrong because yes, I was able to put in a service request on Monday this week. I do not know what tier officer I spoke with but they said that I was past the 5 month period. From what I gather it is the date you filed your petition which is the date they start the 5 months from..

You should call back and see if you get someone different that will put a request in for you. Have you written to your state senators yet? I got a letter back from John Cornyn of Texas that said they had inquired about my case and would be letting me know what they hear back about it.

You have a timeline that is a little bit before me so I believe that it is more than reasonable for you to be able to put in a service request. Please keep me updated on your case and I will do the same, we are in this together and I want nothing more for all of us to get approved after waiting 5 months.

Edited by TheFoxxy

10/17/2014 - Married

12/05/2014 - Biometrics

Timeline

Wow.. I am really sorry to hear that. They are clearly wrong because yes, I was able to put in a service request on Monday this week. I do not know what tier officer I spoke with but they said that I was past the 5 month period. From what I gather it is the date you filed your petition which is the date they start the 5 months from..

You should call back and see if you get someone different that will put a request in for you. Have you written to your state senators yet? I got a letter back from John Cornyn of Texas that said they had inquired about my case and would be letting me know what they hear back about it.

You have a timeline that is a little bit before me so I believe that it is more than reasonable for you to be able to put in a service request. Please keep me updated on your case and I will do the same, we are in this together and I want nothing more for all of us to get approved after waiting 5 months.

Thanks for the reply! I have been following your posts, since our timelines are so close, and saw when you had sent in the request. So I called, and the whole situation appeared. I will most likely call back later, and hopefully get someone who will be able to assist, and is willing to help. I have the forms ready for my senators, just have to fax them over, and called my congressional office after calling uscis, and they are going to assist I just have to send them the form as well.

I will definitely update you on my case. I sure hope we all get approved soon, we've waited long enough!

Timeline

Hi guys, fellow november filer and just wanted to leave an update for some of you. I already replied to TheFoxxy with what happened to me today, and figured those still waiting should know as well. We passed the 5 month mark, so I called and spoke with a tier II officer, who would not put in a request for me, saying they are unable to do so because I'm within their internal processing times, saying they are processing cases from October 22nd, which I saw that being posted in this thread more than a week ago maybe even two weeks ago with the same date. I was then transferred to a supervisor who as well would not assist with a request, saying they are processing October 22nd (yet again) and could not do so.

Not sure if anyone else has had that issue, but thought you all should know, in case any of you run into the same issue as me :) I hope those of us still waiting, get approved soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Congratulations to those new visa approvals! It shows it is possible... : )

To Foxxy, Stef & Andrew, and all others still waiting, take a look at the last 15 approvals at TSC on Igor's List. There is even one that filed in April and is already at NOA2, plus several that are clearly much later than October 22, so I don't know what is going on. I remember some link last week to "fix Igor's list" that said California statistics were being mixed by mistake with Texas, so perhaps it is not accurate. It would be nice to have some oversight and clear answers. Anyway, here's the link to Igor's list:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=1&visa=1&scenter=3&option=3&sortby=2

Edited by zhivago

11.04.13 - 129F packet sent
11.05.13 - 129F packet received
11.07.13 - NOA1 issued
05.07.14 - NOA2 issued

05.22.14 - Petition left TSC

06.03.14 - Petition entered into NVC system, visa case number created

06.10.14 - Case status updated on CEAC site - ready for interview (awaiting instructions)

06.16.14 - Case status updated on CEAC site - administrative processing

06.17.14 - Received e-mail from Moscow Embassy - ok to schedule interview!

06.19.14 - Interview scheduled for July 2nd!

07.02.14 - VISA APPROVED!!!

07.08.14 - Case updated on CEAC site - administrative processing

07.09.14 - Case updated - VISA ISSUED!!!

07.12.14 - Visa received!!!

07.23.14 - Point of Entry - arrived in US!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

07.23.14 - Alien Registration Number issued at POE

09.06.14 - ABW - Absolutely Beautiful Wedding!!! (L)

10.03.14 - Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131

10.06.14 - I-485 package delivered by USPS - arrived in Chicago lockbox

10.07.14 - I-485 package received by USCIS

10.23.14 - NOA1 issued for I-485, I-765 and I-131

10.24.14 - Received e-notification and receipt number

10.27.14 - NOA1s received by mail in 3 separate envelopes

11.12.14 - Biometrics completed - very simple, pleasant and fast!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

(double posted for some reason)

Edited by zhivago

11.04.13 - 129F packet sent
11.05.13 - 129F packet received
11.07.13 - NOA1 issued
05.07.14 - NOA2 issued

05.22.14 - Petition left TSC

06.03.14 - Petition entered into NVC system, visa case number created

06.10.14 - Case status updated on CEAC site - ready for interview (awaiting instructions)

06.16.14 - Case status updated on CEAC site - administrative processing

06.17.14 - Received e-mail from Moscow Embassy - ok to schedule interview!

06.19.14 - Interview scheduled for July 2nd!

07.02.14 - VISA APPROVED!!!

07.08.14 - Case updated on CEAC site - administrative processing

07.09.14 - Case updated - VISA ISSUED!!!

07.12.14 - Visa received!!!

07.23.14 - Point of Entry - arrived in US!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

07.23.14 - Alien Registration Number issued at POE

09.06.14 - ABW - Absolutely Beautiful Wedding!!! (L)

10.03.14 - Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131

10.06.14 - I-485 package delivered by USPS - arrived in Chicago lockbox

10.07.14 - I-485 package received by USCIS

10.23.14 - NOA1 issued for I-485, I-765 and I-131

10.24.14 - Received e-notification and receipt number

10.27.14 - NOA1s received by mail in 3 separate envelopes

11.12.14 - Biometrics completed - very simple, pleasant and fast!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.