finalempress

November 2013 TSC Filers

1,348 posts in this topic

So today, about 130 days after sending our petition I picked up my passport with visa. 3 days after the interview :goofy: I think I can finally say that it's the end of our visa journey (for now, at least :P). I haven't seen my fiance since December and I can't wait to finally be with him. I know we can consider ourselves lucky that our case went quite smooth (even with RFE) and rather fast.. I really wish all other November fillers to get their approvals fast! (F) This journey was much easier with this website and people who were answering my questions - thank you all. :)

Now, it's only waiting until my flight on 16th and then wedding few days later. :)

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Such good news!

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi all -

September filer here, crashing the November thread since we're at the same phase of the process as many of you. You all have been such fantastic sources of information, advice, and support, so wanted to give a quick update...

Per your suggestions, I've been calling NVC every night this week to see if I could get my hands on our case number. And finally, after a LOT of holding, I was informed that our file arrived at the NVC! Exactly 2 weeks after receiving our NOA2 (6 months, 1 week after NOA1 and congressional intervention), 1 week and 1 day after having been shipped from TSC. (Just to give an idea of current timelines for those of you waiting on the same thing).

The rep gave me our case number, beneficiary ID, and invoice number for the Embassy phase :dancing:Also, they are honoring our request to process outside of the beneficiary's home country. Good news all around, and so quickly compared to the excruciating wait for the NOA2!!

For those of you anxious to get your case numbers from NVC, it seems that persistence is the key. Wait time to talk to an NVC rep seems to be pretty consistently 20 minutes - it was for me, regardless of what time I called (peak or off). If you're having trouble getting past the busy signal initially, just keep redialing and you'll snag an opening after a couple (or a dozen) tries.

Good luck, and for those of you still waiting on NOA2s, hang in there - fingers crossed for you! - it'll happen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi all -

September filer here, crashing the November thread since we're at the same phase of the process as many of you. You all have been such fantastic sources of information, advice, and support, so wanted to give a quick update...

Per your suggestions, I've been calling NVC every night this week to see if I could get my hands on our case number. And finally, after a LOT of holding, I was informed that our file arrived at the NVC! Exactly 2 weeks after receiving our NOA2 (6 months, 1 week after NOA1 and congressional intervention), 1 week and 1 day after having been shipped from TSC. (Just to give an idea of current timelines for those of you waiting on the same thing).

The rep gave me our case number, beneficiary ID, and invoice number for the Embassy phase :dancing:Also, they are honoring our request to process outside of the beneficiary's home country. Good news all around, and so quickly compared to the excruciating wait for the NOA2!!

For those of you anxious to get your case numbers from NVC, it seems that persistence is the key. Wait time to talk to an NVC rep seems to be pretty consistently 20 minutes - it was for me, regardless of what time I called (peak or off). If you're having trouble getting past the busy signal initially, just keep redialing and you'll snag an opening after a couple (or a dozen) tries.

Good luck, and for those of you still waiting on NOA2s, hang in there - fingers crossed for you! - it'll happen!

Wow, thank you for the info, nina, and that is great news!! May I ask about "our request to process outside of the beneficiary's home country"? What does this refer to? Does this mean one can go to another embassy or consulate for the interview? Thanks...

11.04.13 - 129F packet sent
11.05.13 - 129F packet received
11.07.13 - NOA1 issued
05.07.14 - NOA2 issued

05.22.14 - Petition left TSC

06.03.14 - Petition entered into NVC system, visa case number created

06.10.14 - Case status updated on CEAC site - ready for interview (awaiting instructions)

06.16.14 - Case status updated on CEAC site - administrative processing

06.17.14 - Received e-mail from Moscow Embassy - ok to schedule interview!

06.19.14 - Interview scheduled for July 2nd!

07.02.14 - VISA APPROVED!!!

07.08.14 - Case updated on CEAC site - administrative processing

07.09.14 - Case updated - VISA ISSUED!!!

07.12.14 - Visa received!!!

07.23.14 - Point of Entry - arrived in US!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

07.23.14 - Alien Registration Number issued at POE

09.06.14 - ABW - Absolutely Beautiful Wedding!!! (L)

10.03.14 - Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131

10.06.14 - I-485 package delivered by USPS - arrived in Chicago lockbox

10.07.14 - I-485 package received by USCIS

10.23.14 - NOA1 issued for I-485, I-765 and I-131

10.24.14 - Received e-notification and receipt number

10.27.14 - NOA1s received by mail in 3 separate envelopes

11.12.14 - Biometrics completed - very simple, pleasant and fast!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Zhivago,

No problem, I know that, throughout, I've been so thankful to hear about where others VJ-ers are at in the process and the bits of wisdom they pick up along the way!

And yes, it is possible to interview at an embassy other than beneficiary's home country, but not sure where in the process you would have to request. My fiancé works in Doha and it would have been really complicated for him to fly back for the interview (finances, vacation time, etc. etc.); we put a letter with our requesting that the application be processed in Doha instead and provided some support documentation.

Not sure if you wanted to change it now if that would be possible. Was told by the folks at NVC that, request or no request, it goes by the beneficiary's address listed in the petition. If you do want to change embassy's, you could try to catch your file while it's still at NVC (which apparently for K-1s is usually very brief, 2-7 days-ish so you'd have to time it just right!) and request directly with the rep. Not sure they'd do it but worth a shot.

Also, I've heard that it can be transferred between embassies as well, though not sure of the process or time drain it would involve.

Hope that helps??

Wow, thank you for the info, nina, and that is great news!! May I ask about "our request to process outside of the beneficiary's home country"? What does this refer to? Does this mean one can go to another embassy or consulate for the interview? Thanks...

Timeline

Zhivago,

No problem, I know that, throughout, I've been so thankful to hear about where others VJ-ers are at in the process and the bits of wisdom they pick up along the way!

And yes, it is possible to interview at an embassy other than beneficiary's home country, but not sure where in the process you would have to request. My fiancé works in Doha and it would have been really complicated for him to fly back for the interview (finances, vacation time, etc. etc.); we put a letter with our requesting that the application be processed in Doha instead and provided some support documentation.

Not sure if you wanted to change it now if that would be possible. Was told by the folks at NVC that, request or no request, it goes by the beneficiary's address listed in the petition. If you do want to change embassy's, you could try to catch your file while it's still at NVC (which apparently for K-1s is usually very brief, 2-7 days-ish so you'd have to time it just right!) and request directly with the rep. Not sure they'd do it but worth a shot.

Also, I've heard that it can be transferred between embassies as well, though not sure of the process or time drain it would involve.

Hope that helps??

Thanks, Nina, for explaining how that works. And yes, it is great to be able to learn things from others' experiences, and to share one's own. My fiancée lives in the Far East, 9 hours by plane from Moscow, so your comment made me think it might be possible to request Vladivostok which is much closer, but that's a U.S. consulate and they don't process K-1 visas there, so I think it's a different situation than exchanging one embassy for another. I think all Russian beneficiaries must go through Moscow, no matter where they live. I was just hoping... Oh well! : ) Thanks again!

11.07.13 - NOA1 issued
05.07.14 - NOA2 issued

06.10.14 - Case status updated on CEAC site - ready for interview (awaiting instructions)

Timeline

Zhivago,

Hope that helps??

Thanks, Nina, for explaining how that works. And yes, it is great to be able to learn things from others' experiences, and to share one's own. My fiancée lives in the Far East, 9 hours by plane from Moscow, so your comment made me think it might be possible to request Vladivostok which is much closer, but that's a U.S. consulate and they don't process K-1 visas there, so I think it's a different situation than exchanging one embassy for another. I think all Russian beneficiaries must go through Moscow, no matter where they live. I was just hoping... Oh well! : ) Thanks again!

11.07.13 - NOA1 issued
05.07.14 - NOA2 issued

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

This waiting is getting pretty difficult. I know some of us from November have reached the 5 month mark. I wanted to know what their planes are?

We will hit the 5 month mark on the 25th.. I emailed them on Friday asking to please look for our file and ensure its there and not lost. I doubt I will get any updates through that but I had to try.

Getting more and more depressed as each day passes by and no NOA2.. starting to worry something is wrong or that they lost our petition..((

11/18/2013 - Filed I-129F
11/25/2013 - NOA1 text/email received
05/01/2014 - NOA2 text/Email received
06/18/2014 - Interview - Approved
07/31/2014 - Point of Entry
10/17/2014 - Married
10/23/2014 - Filed AOS/EAD/AP
11/07/2014 - 3x NOA1 text/emails received

12/05/2014 - Biometrics

12/22/2014 - EAD/AP Approved

01/02/2015 - EAD/AP Card Received

Stay strong, Foxxy! I'm sure you'll hear something soon :thumbs:

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Zambia
Timeline

This waiting is getting pretty difficult. I know some of us from November have reached the 5 month mark. I wanted to know what their planes are?

We will hit the 5 month mark on the 25th.. I emailed them on Friday asking to please look for our file and ensure its there and not lost. I doubt I will get any updates through that but I had to try.

Getting more and more depressed as each day passes by and no NOA2.. starting to worry something is wrong or that they lost our petition..((

Hang in there!! I know that is pretty old to hear. Maybe I can offer a few tips! I know the wait to be with a love one can be very difficult, but let me ask you this. Is your love one coming to share in your happiness or are you depending on your love one to make you happy? If he is coming to share in your happiness, then great. Be happy that it's at the end of the road and you are at your destination. Get you plane ticket ready!! Get your home prepared!! Get your reunion outfit together!! Plan a welcome party!!! :idea: I'm pretty sure that about the time you get prepared, he will be there!! I know it's tough but when you are looking at everyone else and when they are approved, then it makes you think that something is wrong with yours but that's not the case. Besides the subscribers on this forum, there are thousands others out there. Good news are that you are near your 5 month mark, and this journey is almost over. Bad news is that you are letting other people's good news bring your down. Don't do it dear! This small wait is only a smiggit of time compared to a lifetime. There will even be times in marriage that you will want a little space. Enjoy that space while you got honey because it will disappear soon....

Ps: When I was in the navy and had to do a 6 month deployment away from my ex at the time, I developed goals that would take up the time that I was gone like body sculpting or losing wait. This works wonders. Start going to the gym and work on certain parts of your body. Look at youtube videos on shaping up.. This will kill the time.. good luck :reading:

K1 Visa

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Zambia

I-129F Sent : 2013-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-11-27

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-02-27

NVC Received : 2014-03-11

NVC Left : 2014-03-12

Consulate Received : 2014-03-18

Packet 3 Received : No Packet 3 Received (Information was on website)

Packet 3 Sent : No Packet 3 Sent ( Information brought by hand to interview)

Packet 4 Received : Don't even know what a packet 4 is!!!

Interview Date : 2014-03-27

Interview Result : Approved Thank God!!!!! :dancing:

Visa Received : 2014-04-01 (Went to pick up the Visa the following week!!

US Entry : 2014-04-08 :rofl:

Marriage : 2014-05-27 :dance:

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 92 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 120 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Timeline

Thank you for the kind words, really I appreciate it.

The difficulty doesn't lie so much within being separated.. As we see each other every 2 months almost, and we will be together for a week again at the end of this month.

It is more in the ambiguity of our NOA2.. The unknowingly difficult time frame until we receive it is starting to wear on us both. We truly love one another and are willing to wait however long.

She and I have both been strong, we both use this account to check on other people and comment but we are just ready for it to finally be our turn. I am more concerned for the November filers that filed before me and are still waiting.

I will be more happy to see them approved, and then us soon after. Let me know what you guys end up doing, if you call or email and what responses you receive.

10/17/2014 - Married

12/05/2014 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi foxxy, I'm one of the November filers too, my 5 months is just a few days before yours. I know how you feel, I'm getting very stressed from the wait, not knowing how much longer it's going to be. I'm lucky though I'm flying out to see my fiancé tomorrow, but after this trip we won't know when we'll see each other next so it is heartbreaking. I will be in the Uk with him when we hit our 5 month mark, so I won't be able to call until I get back. I tried emailing, but alas no reply or information. I did find out from the October thread, that you're able to put in the service request they would do, through the site yourself. So I'm planning on doing that day of, as well as call when I'm back. I'll give it just a little bit before I start contacting the senators or anything. It's just unfair seeing others after us approved.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

I wish there was more I could do for you guys still waiting, but all I can do is offer my support and prayers. Still hoping every single day for news from you all.

Hang in there - soon you'll be able to poke them to get a move on, on your petitions. At least doing something is better than just waiting, right?

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Hi everyone,

I've mentioned before that my fiance is planning to ask help from the senators, Yes we did! Last week my fiance sent and email and a fax to the senators office. Today, they responded already and called my fiance. The thing is, I have to personally sign the prf for them to get access through our file.I'm living far away from the city, it will take few weeks for the prf form to be receive and send back to the senators office. They just said, they will do the best they can.

My question, will the senators office will wait for

5month timeframe before they take actions?

We filed November27

NOA1 December04

changed of alien # December14

ROC Timeline:

Date Filed: September 18, 2017  (California Service Center)

ROC Approved: November 28,2018

10yr GC Received: December 6, 2018

N-400 Naturalization Timeline: (ONLINE)

(Day 00)Date Submitted, Received, Cashed, NOA & NOA Letter posted online: January 30, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 01)Date NOA Letter was mailed: January 31, 2019

(Day 02)Date Case Status Update: February 1, 2019 (BIOMETRICS SCHEDULED NOTICE)

(Day 03)Date Biometrics Appointment Letter was mailed: February 2, 2019

(Day 05)Date NOA received in the mail: February 4, 2019 

(Day 06)Date Biometrics Appointment Letter posted online: February 5, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 10)Date Biometrics Appointment Letter received in the mail: February 9, 2019

(Day 23)Date of Biometrics: February 22, 2019 COMPLETED 

(Day 23)Date Case Status Update:  February 22, 2019 (BIOMETRICS ACTIVELY REVIEWED)

(Day 211)Date INTERVIEW Appointment letter was mailed: August 29, 2019

(Day 211)Date Case Status Update : August 29, 2019 (7 months from filing) (INTERVIEW WAS SCHEDULED)

(Day 212)Date INTERVIEW Appointment Letter posted online: August 30, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 222)Date INTERVIEW Appointment Letter received in the mail: September 7, 2019

(Day 241)Date of INTERVIEW: October 10, 2019 (8 months & 1 week from filing) (PASSED!!! )

(Day 241)Date Case Status Update: October 10, 2019 (NATURALIZATION CEREMONY WAS SCHEDULED)

(Day 241)Date OATH CEREMONY NOTICE was mailed: October 10, 2019 

(Day 243)Date OATH CEREMONY Appointment Letter posted online: October 12, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 249)Date OATH CEREMONY Appointment Letter received in the mail: October 18, 2019 

(Day 256)Date of OATH CEREMONY: October 25,2019 

Timeline

Hi everyone,

I've mentioned before that my fiance is planning to ask help from the senators, Yes we did! Last week my fiance sent and email and a fax to the senators office. Today, they responded already and called my fiance. The thing is, I have to personally sign the prf for them to get access through our file.I'm living far away from the city, it will take few weeks for the prf form to be receive and send back to the senators office. They just said, they will do the best they can.

My question, will the senators office will wait for

5month timeframe before they take actions?

We filed November27

NOA1 December04

changed of alien # December14

What is a PRF?

I am visiting Diana in 3 weeks, is this something I can have her sign while there and mail back or is this just dependent on your Senator?

10/17/2014 - Married

12/05/2014 - Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.