Azsara

December 2013 AOS Filers

572 posts in this topic

We had our AOS interview today and received the letter stating that our application for permanent residence has been approved. Soooo next on our list of things to do is file to remove conditions in January 2016.

I-129F Sent : 2012-11-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-12-06
I-129F RFE(s) : 2013-5-30
RFE Reply(s) : 2013-6-10
I-129F NOA2 : 2013-6-17
NVC Received : 2013-06-28
NVC Left : 2013-07-02
Consulate Received : 2013-07-08
Packet 3 Received : 2013-07-10
Packet 3 Sent : 2013-07-25
Packet 4 Received : 2013-08-24
Interview Date : 2013-09-13
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2013-09-23
US Entry : 2013-10-25

Marriage : 2013-11-16

Filed AOS
CIS Office : Santa Ana CA
Date Filed : 2013-12-05
NOA Date : 2013-12-12

Biometrics: 2013-12-26

Interview Date: 2014-04-07

EAD Approval: 2014-02-15

EAD Received: 2014-02-26

AP Approved: 2014-02-18

AP Received: 2014-02-26

I-751 Sent: 2016-01-09

I-751 NOA1: 2016-01-11

I-751 Biometrics: 2016-02-29

Hi,

I getting really anxious. We sent out our package December 21st and it was received December 26th. Got a notification in email and text message on January 2nd that my case was accepted. When we received the I-797, it said my biometric appointment was scheduled for January 28th 2014. Went to appointment and was out within an hr. Got another letter in the mail around February 15th saying that the interview was scheduled for March 19th. Didn't hear anything until March 5th when I got an email that said production of my EAD card was ordered. I received my card in the mail on March 14th and an email saying my card was delivered!!

Here is where things got a little tricky, We went to the interview. We were in the room together for about an hour and almost immediately the interviewer started shooting out question rapidly and we answered what felt like a hundred questions but in reality were the same questions asked over and over again but in different ways. My husband got nervous said our wrong wedding date( yikes!! I wanted to give him the look of death) Almost immediately he corrected himself and said sorry I'm a little nervous.. I know that was a serious strike. The Interviewer said why do you need to be nervous if your telling the truth( that pissed me off because we are humans not robots and humans are allowed to have natural reactions to stressful situations) Strike 2 was when he asked me how much we got back in the tax returns I didn't remember so I said I don't know. The interviewer thought it was strange that I didn't remember, so of course now I'm panicking.

Another thing that the interviewer kept saying is why was my husband name different on his birth certificate than on his passport.My husband explained to him that his mother changed his name when he was 2 years old but she never updated his birth certificate, only his SS card.( to this day my husband has the same birth certificate because he has never needed to get another one) The interviewer kept saying how do I know you are who you say you are I'm gonna have to check this out its bothering me you could be married to someone else for all I know. (#######) When He said this I was completely convinced that we failed the interview and was expecting him to say that and also get a notification in mail and email to come back for another interview.

As we were leaving we gave the interviewer 4 pictures that he asked for and him saying he needs to check out the name discrepancy. However there has been nothing. No notifications, no mail, no email. Its been 20 days since the interview and I'm really concerned because everyone is saying they got immediate notification.

I called the hot line spoke to someone and she said that the processing date for NY is July 8th, 2013. I can only further inquire if 30 days has passed since my interview or if my processing date has passed (December 26th 2013) Basically I was told to be patient. I am convinced something is wrong because I was under the impression once you got an interview that the case would be either approved or denied right away. Has this happened to any one else? Any advise or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the long drawn out story.

Thanks in advance

If you have told the truth & the name change story checks out I would try not to worry.

I know that is easy for me to say but if they wanted more information on the name change they would ask for it.

If it all checks out I am sure it will be fine. It is just nerve racking waiting & not knowing.

I was really nervous at all my interviews even though I knew my marriage was 100% genuine.

Congratulations

dwinge

That is great news.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I live in Atlanta Ga, I have been Married for 3 years and 3 months. I filed in December 4th of 2013, I received my EAD on the 12th of February 2013, and since then i haven't heard anything about my case, The last time i checked my I-485, it says "you have been scheduled for testing and interview" since 1/21/2013 and bla bla bla, But my main concern is the problem i got into in the middle of all this, This is exactly how it happened. Me and my USCIS wife had an argument and in the middle of the argument there was a phone tussle because she try to yanked the phone off my hand while i was talking to her mama about her and she got mad and call the police, I did not touched her or anything, I was arrested and spent 3 days in jail before i got bound out and i was charged with Simple Battery( FAMILY VIOLENCE) With restriction But she went the same day i got out to drop the restriction because i am the only one taking care of our 13 months Old daughter and the rest of the 2 children as well, while she works at home. My biggest fear is that hope this is not going to affect my GC? And since i was arrested she always yell at me and talk to me in a trashy ways and she always tell me that she need a separation . I'm confused.

I485, I765 & I131 filed Dec 26, 2013. Lawyer's cover letter with the forms requested the interview be waived due to the recency of my consular interview.

Notice of Actions dated Jan 7, 2014.

Biometrics appt. Jan 31, 2014

EAD & AP issued March 12, 2014

per VJ / USCIS stats on Apr 9/14 estimated processing date for GC Jan 7th + 5.6 months = end of June

Apr 9/14 called general customer service tel # to inquire when / if I would receive notice of interview (as I was trying to arrange some out of state travel) - agent was not able to provide me with any information

received letter Apr 10/14 (the next day - coincidence??) "Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case" Letter indicated I "may not require an interview" and to let me know "due to workload factors not related to your case, USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case....approximately 6 months from the date of this letter" that now means no green card (and/or possible interview) until approx. October.

When looking at the stats for the various local processing centers, amazing to see ranges from 1 1/2 months to 1 year. There are only 3 AOS applications at my local office, but apparently they are very busy doing something else. BTW - when I went for my biometrics the notice said my spouse could not accompany me due to limited space. when I got there, about 40 chairs and only 2 other people there ;-)

Today we (Myself and my two K2's) received our Notice of Potential Interview Waver Case letters.

Not too bothered, we got our AP and my EAD in mid March and it saves a drive to the San Antonio Field Office and a day off from work for my husband. And I'd rather not have to assemble all the paperwork, as it already has been quite a monumental task to do everything in triplicate all the time!

Ok i started to work as nurse assistant for almost a month now.. And today got approved in my two year green card visa.. Yehey.. My k1 visa interview is only 5 minutes and my aos also is 5 minutes... Wow i feel so lucky :)

Ok i started to work as nurse assistant for almost a month now.. And today got approved in my two year green card visa.. Yehey.. My k1 visa interview is only 5 minutes and my aos also is 5 minutes... Wow i feel so lucky :)

K1

May 07, 2013 - Filed I-129f

May 10,2013 - Noa1

August 05, 2013 - Approved Noa2 ( No Rfe )

August 09, 2013 - Received Noa2 hard copy

August 23, 2013 - Got our case number ( through DOS )

August 24, 2013 - Pay @ BPI Bank for Interview Appointment

August 27, 2013 - CEAC website says Ready for Interview

August 27, 2013 - Schedule my Interview online ( Interview date September 11, 2013 )

August 27, 2013 - Received letter from NVC

September 3, 2013 - passed my Medical @ St. Luke ( 2 days medical Sept. 2 and 3 )

September 06, 2013 - CFO seminar

September 11, 2013 - Visa Approved smile.png

September 11, 2013 - my visa status changed from ready to AP

September 12, 2013 - my visa status changed from AP to Issued

September 16, 2013 - Visa on hand smile.png ( 3 business day after my interview )

October 01, 2013 - Detroit (POE) Welcome to Michigan

November 17, 2013 - Got married!

AOS

December 16, 2013 - mail our AOS

December 23, 2013 - USCIS Chicago Lockbox received my Package

December 28, 2013 - Received a text message 3 application is on the process

Jan 3, 2014 - Got my NOA hard copy

Jan 09, 2014 - Got my Appointment notice ( Jan 29, 2014 )

Jan 29, 2014 - Biometrix done

Feb 07, 2014 - Check status online ( For Testing and Interview )

Feb 26, 2014 - Check status online ( EAD card production and AP approved)

March 03, 2014 - EAD card is coming ( March 5 according to USPS )

March 05, 2014 - Got my EAD card

March 06, 2014 - Got my Interview date ( April 15, 2014 )

April 15, 2014 - Approved :)smile.png

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an email and text from USCIS for my husband's AOS application. "On April 25, 2014, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.

He got his EAD/AP documents about a month ago, but we never heard anything since about the I-485 until today. No letters, no interviews, no nothing. Can this be true? =D If it is, it is the only part of this darned process that has gone smoothly for us!!

My husband's case status has been updated to decision. Looks like we didn't need to do an interview. :dancing:

"On April 24, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later."

I'll update once we get the green card in the mail (or is there is something more we need to do.) Good luck all!

Here is my update. Not a very happy one. About four hours after receiving the initial email that I posted on here, I received another text and email update, this time saying

"On April 25, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center."

I immediately checked the case status online, and instead of being in card production like it was when I checked it earlier, it was on "Decision."

I don't know if the system is just being weird or what. It is frustrating not knowing what is going on and feeling like they are toying with us. Maybe I will give them a call on Monday to see what is going on.

Did you get a letter stating they may waiver your interview?

I hope it is a correct update for you that would be amazing.

No, we did not get any sort of letter in the mail. We literally heard nothing from USCIS until I got the email.

Here is my update. Not a very happy one. About four hours after receiving the initial email that I posted on here, I received another text and email update, this time saying

"On April 25, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center."

I immediately checked the case status online, and instead of being in card production like it was when I checked it earlier, it was on "Decision."

I don't know if the system is just being weird or what. It is frustrating not knowing what is going on and feeling like they are toying with us. Maybe I will give them a call on Monday to see what is going on.

Hi just to put your mind at rest the two notifications you have received are normal you have nothing to be worried about, the first was to let you know the card was going into production & the second was about them sending you the NOA2 for the I-485, you will get another when they post your card out to you. Now relax ☺

AOS

Feb 3rd 2014 sent AOS pack I-130, I-485, 
Feb 17th 2014 Received NOA1 x 3 NOA1 date 5th Feb 2014
Feb 22nd 2014 Received biometrics appointment for 7th March 2014 at 3pm
Feb 27th 2014 Did early walk in for Biometrics successfully
March 17th 2014 Received text & email with interview date on 22nd April 2014

March 18th 2014 Received interview letter in post with time & place, 2.15pm at Mt Laurel NJ
April 16th 2014 Received EAD card
April 22nd 2014 Had AOS interview at Mt Laurel NJ APPROVED
April 22nd 2014 Text & email Case Status: Card / Document Production
April 26th 2014 Received my Green Card today
Total time from Application to Approval 11 Weeks & 1 Day
ROC
Feb 9th 2016 I-751 package sent to Vermont Service Center
Feb 11th 2016 I-751 package received at VSC
Feb 17th 2016 Cheque for $590 cashed

Feb 19th 2016 Received I-797 NOA Dated 02/12/2016

March 8th 2016 Biometrics Appointment at 10am. (Done)

April 14th 2017  I-551 stamp in passport 

April 27th 2017 Received text & email Card/Document Production

May 3rd 2017 Received 10 year Green Card today   

N-400

March 7th 2017 N-400 sent to Dallas TX 

March 10th N-400 Application received

March 15th Cheque for $725 cashed

March 20th received NOA1 dated March 15th

March 24th received biometrics appointment for 04/05/17

March 28th did early walk in for biometrics 

October 10th received Citizenship Interview letter

November 13th Citizenship Interview at 10 am Mount Laurel NJ passed my interview.

November 13th Oath ceremony 3pm now a citizen

November 14th applied for my passport 

November 25th Received my passport 

November 27th Received my naturalization certificate back

November 28th Updated my social security records 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

On April 23rd (and again on April 24th) I got a notice that said, that my status has been updated to "Card Production" :dancing:

On April 25th another notice said my status has been updated to "Decision"

Yesterday, April 28th I had the Welcome Letter in the mail - but not yet the Green Card. Nonetheless I'm very excited!! I hope it'll arrive this week :yes::dance:

Nov 30th 2012.....Filed Petition I-129F

Dec 6th 2012.......NOA1 (VSC)

May 29th 2013.....File got transferred to TSC

June 18th 2013....NOA2 (after 196 days!!!)

July 9th 2013.......Case is sent to NVC

July 18th 2013.....Medical in Munich

Aug 28th 2013.....Interview in FRN - Approved!

Aug 30th 2013.....Visa in mail!

Sep 13th 2013.....POE Boston

Nov 12th 2013.....Wedding in Old City Hall, Boston

Dec 02nd 2013....Sent AOS package

Dec 04th 2013.....Package received

Jan 02nd 2014.....Requested expedite for EAD due to severe financial loss (pending job offer)
Jan 06th 2014......Biometrics Appointment
Jan 07th 2014......EAD/AP Combo Card in production
Jan 13th 2014......Combo Card received in mail
Mar 12th 2014.....Potential Interview Waiver Letter
Apr 23rd 2014......Status update to "Card Production"
Apr 25th 2014......Status update to "Decision"
Apr 28th 2014......Welcome Letter arrived
May 3rd 2014.......Green Card arrived

Hi just to put your mind at rest the two notifications you have received are normal you have nothing to be worried about, the first was to let you know the card was going into production & the second was about them sending you the NOA2 for the I-485, you will get another when they post your card out to you. Now relax ☺

Thanks for your post! Today we got a case update again moving us back into "card production." We hope they send the card fast because we are about to travel abroad on May 13th to visit my husband's family, and we would much rather have the green card at the airport than the advance parole!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.