Azsara

December 2013 AOS Filers

572 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So last week we got one of those 'we may not need to interview you, it's going to take 6 months and you can't complain because we've said it's going to be 6 months' letters. Which may continue to screw up school plans, as I wont have greencard to qualify for in state fees in fall. I really would rather have had an interview.

What a con this whole thing is, take my extortionate visa fees then purposefully delay my case to the point I have to pay for inflated college fees or not go to college and only be given minimum wage jobs. They have the monopoly and we can't complain or do anything.

We're in San Antonio, does that mean they are processing my case? Or Dallas? Idk how it works.

070e8b4bb0.png

Noa1 july 19 2012

Noa2 maybe this week loool

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks BeMerry...it was such an awful experience...amazing how I have been a contributor/taxpayer to the US since 2001& we made sure we crossed our t's and dotted our i's. My husband served in the Army for this great country and I was made to feel like I did something wrong...yes...we sent off the passports and hoping to put this behind us. I still have family ties in Canada as I have 2 older boys from my previous marriage....the officer was such a b!#@$....excuse my language...her cell phone was on vibrate and was going off while we were in her office..just rude...I entered this country legally and I did not do anything wrong.....we both work for the government helping our veterans...this has left me with such disappointment and sadness...I just pray all will work out.

Hahaha no need to excuse your language. Some officers are just a pain in the butt and take advantage of the only power they have in life. Everything will be okay!

12.09.2013 - AOS packet sent
12.12.2013 - NOA's Priority Date
12.21.2013 - Received 3 NOA's by mail
12.26.2013 - NOA for Biometrics appointment. Date set for 01.10.2014
01.10.2014 - Biometrics appointment
01.16.2014 - USCIS requested more docs
01.20.2014 - Requested docs were sent by lawyer
01.28.2014 - Received txt/email notication that the case is under 'Response Review'
02.15.2014 - EAD card production ordered
02.24.2014 - EAD card was mailed out of KY

02.25.2014 - I-485 status online changed to "testing & interview"

02.27.2014 - EAD card RECEIVED

05.07.2014 - I-485 status showing the interview date updated - Interview on June 12, 2014
(day ) - Received NOA about the interview appointment on
(day ) - Interview @ SLC
(day ) - I-485 Approved
(day ) - Green Card Received

Just got the dreaded Interview Waiver Letter. The Memphis office is supposedly 3 months behind, so maybe it won't be the full 6 month wait like the letter says.

We've also have received the Notice of Potential Interview Waver Case letter. Looks like Boston is going slow.

Our I-485 Case Status is still showing up as Accepted which I'm not worried about as I know that the status website is unreliable.

Received interview waiver letter today, was dated March 26, sent from lee's summit (where I assume they all are). case status still says acceptance.

My field office is Norfolk, Virginia. Anyone from the area who has gotten the AOS letter too, let me know! Trying really hard to be patient. =(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Received the interview waiver letter today *sigh* (dated March 26)... We're in NYC so I suppose it's to be expected considering the volume of people that must come here. Checked the NYC processing times and apparently in January 2014 they were working on I-485s from June 2013, so it's not looking promising!! Still, at least I can work now - that should help pass the time?!

When my husband called last week, they told him that our file was already in Memphis, TN at our local office, but our letter is from Lee's Summit as well. I'm going to guess that all of these form letters come from the NVC but that's not necessarily indicative of where our paperwork is. It's always worth calling to check, especially since we're all from different local offices but all received interview waiver letters with the same date and location.

Got the March 26 Lee's Summit, MO Potential Interview Waiver for my parents.

We are in VA but not at Norfolk office.

Reading all the posts I am bit worried there has been a huge computer error & everyone got sent this letter by mistake!!!

Filed AOS end of Dec, and got at EAD/AP's a couple of weeks ago. No interview waiver letter yet though. Roughly how long has elapsed between receiving EAD/AP and getting this letter for people on this thread? And how do I know which is my field office or is that on the letter, if you get it?

Nevermind re: my question about Field Offices, I went back one page in the thread and the question is answered there. I get to go to San Antonio if I get an interview, lucky me.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Question to all:

Im getting a bit frustrated trying to find out what ro do to obtain certain documents... any of you know how to change/get a u.s. drivers license? Ive read I can only get a drivers license with a ssn. That means I would have to wait until I get yhe gc (worse case another 6 month). Plus the dmv would destroy my foreign license?

Also I have not applied for ead and ap and been in the u.s. already 6 month..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.