Azsara

December 2013 AOS Filers

572 posts in this topic

My AOS case is still on Acceptance although I've done my biometrics and received the EAD/AP combo card. Is this normal or should I make a call to USCIS?

My husband's is also still on Acceptance and he's already done biometrics and recieved his EAD/AP card. I did some searches on the forums and saw that some people's will stay at Acceptance forever and not get updated.

My husband's is also still on Acceptance and he's already done biometrics and recieved his EAD/AP card. I did some searches on the forums and saw that some people's will stay at Acceptance forever and not get updated.

Same here. Our's has been in Acceptance since December 26 and we did biometrics in January and already got our EAD card. Not sure what to do about it outside of calling USCIS to try and find out more information.

Yikes! You mean it shows acceptance even though they have received the green card?

Parents have the EAD combo card done Biometrics.

SSN applied for BUT nothing changes on USCIS website just acceptance it is painful checking everyday!

Anybody else waiting on parents AOS?

My EAD combo card is due to arrive today, according to USPS (was Approved only 1 week ago). AOS is still parked on 'Acceptance' (Biometrics were completed 02/24)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I called USCIS customer service a week ago. I've read a few stories about RFEs that weren't received by the applicants and since they couldn't respond to the RFE they never got, their AOS was denied. So I figured I'd call and ask if my status is anything else than what I can see online.

It's still on Acceptance - since December 6th :(

The guy said it depends on the local office how long it takes. Boston (my local office) works on cases from July 13 right now. But my case is still in Lee's Summit, MO....

I have my EAD/AP already since the middle of January, so I can travel and I work. But I'd really like to have my GC soon ;)

Nov 30th 2012.....Filed Petition I-129F

Dec 6th 2012.......NOA1 (VSC)

May 29th 2013.....File got transferred to TSC

June 18th 2013....NOA2 (after 196 days!!!)

July 9th 2013.......Case is sent to NVC

July 18th 2013.....Medical in Munich

Aug 28th 2013.....Interview in FRN - Approved!

Aug 30th 2013.....Visa in mail!

Sep 13th 2013.....POE Boston

Nov 12th 2013.....Wedding in Old City Hall, Boston

Dec 02nd 2013....Sent AOS package

Dec 04th 2013.....Package received

Jan 02nd 2014.....Requested expedite for EAD due to severe financial loss (pending job offer)
Jan 06th 2014......Biometrics Appointment
Jan 07th 2014......EAD/AP Combo Card in production
Jan 13th 2014......Combo Card received in mail
Mar 12th 2014.....Potential Interview Waiver Letter
Apr 23rd 2014......Status update to "Card Production"
Apr 25th 2014......Status update to "Decision"
Apr 28th 2014......Welcome Letter arrived
May 3rd 2014.......Green Card arrived

Our AOS has been in "Acceptance" since April 2nd 2013. It's really an unreliable system.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone! I just got a letter from USCIS dated March 12,2014.It is a Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case.

Should i pressume I wont have to go for an interview then? I called USCIS hotline, they told me Atlanta field office has a lot of worlkload and it might take 6 mos for my papers to be done. May I know if anyone else get the same letter? thanks and have a good day to all.

Timeline

I could use some information people would someone please help me out?

My spouse filed AOS and the I-797C was dated December 22, 2013.

What confuses me is that there are three MSC numbers

MSCxxxxxxxxxx2 (This is the MSC # on the I-797C)

MSCxxxxxxxxxx3

MSCxxxxxxxxxx4

The one ending in 2 when checked on USCS states: Jan 29th, "Card Document Produced" "mailed the document."

The one ending in 3 states: "new card delivered to xxxxxxxxxx on Feb 19th."

The one end in 4 is clearly the Travel card, whatever that is called.

Now, if the I79C Notice of action was Dec 22, from what I see here there is no way that the interview was held as that seems to take at least 3 months. So just what has been sent? Any ideas?

I'll assume that the one ending in 3 is the doc that allows work.

Is it actually possible that the Green Card has been printed and delivered within 6 weeks? From looking at all the Dec and Jan AOS filers... it appears that 3 months is the absolute minimum and that about 4 months is the norm, am I correct on this?

My (our) case is an odd one. Exactly after 35 days of marriage, on the very day that the I-797 check for $1070 cleared, my wife abandoned me.

I no longer want any advice or discussion as "what I should do" please.

But I would love to understand what's going on with this. I doubt that the GC has been mailed but what was mailed on Jan 28th? Any ideas please.

Also, an oddity... her app went to VSC, and looking through three months... I see zero VSC handling K-1 AOS (I-485), is this the norm?

Thanks

Edited by yailukmuu

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi guys - amazing to see so many December filers at interview stage etc. - congratulations :)

However, is there anyone else who still hasn't got their EAD? USCIS received my AOS package on December 17th, I had my biometrics on January 16th, but nothing has happened since then. When I check Case Status, my EAD and my travel document are both under Initial Review (it's been 91 days now since they received our app). The I485 just says "Acceptance". This is getting really frustrating because I need to start working... I phoned USCIS on day 80 and they put in some kind of service request and gave me a number that begins with the letters TIF.... but they didn't explain what I can do with that number. I really don't know what to do now! Please help!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I could use some information people would someone please help me out?

My spouse filed AOS and the I-797C was dated December 22, 2013.

What confuses me is that there are three MSC numbers

MSCxxxxxxxxxx2 (This is the MSC # on the I-797C)

MSCxxxxxxxxxx3

MSCxxxxxxxxxx4

The one ending in 2 when checked on USCS states: Jan 29th, "Card Document Produced" "mailed the document."

The one ending in 3 states: "new card delivered to xxxxxxxxxx on Feb 19th."

The one end in 4 is clearly the Travel card, whatever that is called.

You would have an I797 for each and right on USCIS's site it should tell you what each MSC is for, that should be pretty easy to work out.

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Received notice of potential interview waiver today. It's dated 3/12/14. Let the waiting game begin for all us interview waiver cases. May the odds be ever in your favor!

K-1 JourneyI-129F sent: 12/03/2012 (overnight)NOA1 printed on letter: 12/06/2012NOA1 text/email: 12/07/2012Transfer from VSC to TSC: 5/29/2013NOA2: 6/18/2013Notice of transfer to Dept of State: 7/10/2013Case received by NVC: 7/12/2013Packet 3 received: 7/26/2013Packet 3 mailed: 7/31/2013 (overnight)Packet 4 received: 8/9/2013Interview: 8/20/2013 Approved!Wedding Date: 10/26/2013 smile.pngAOS JourneyI-485/I-131/I-765 NOA1: 12/6/2013EAD/AP Approved: 2/11/2014<p>Notice of Interview Waiver: Received on 3/17/14 but dated 3/12/14

Approved 6/25/2014!

Timeline

Received notice of potential interview waiver today. It's dated 3/12/14. Let the waiting game begin for all us interview waiver cases. May the odds be ever in your favor!

hi there yes we are in the same boat. Glad to know i'm not alone in this kind of thing:)

hi there yes we are in the same boat. Glad to know i'm not alone in this kind of thing:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.