Azsara

December 2013 AOS Filers

572 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

3 days to Valentine's Day!!!

Oh and interview was today....and we got APPROVED!!!!!! :D

Interview was scheduled for 8.15am, got called in at about 8.20am.
The officer was nice. Polite and professional. She asked us if we had any questions for her before she began. Told her no, then she started. She didn't grill us too much but just swore us in, asked me questions from the I-485. Once those were answered she asked if there were any extra documents we wanted to submit to her, so I gave her our joint account details and credit card statements, phone bills and showed her my old check book with our address and bills that I paid. She smiled and we chit chatted about the weather and how it was cold, about traveling in Europe and how she was disappointed that she couldn't get her passport stamped with all the different European countries stamps. She was nice. Showed her our wedding photos and she said she loved my deep purple and white theme. :)
We were prepared to be separated for the interview, but were pretty happy that she didn't separate us. She said everything looked good, and had to run a last background check but since she got locked out of her computer, she couldn't do it right away. She then explained to us about the conditional residence card and how and when we can file for ROC in 2 years time.
So she said once the last check was taken care of she will send me a letter tomorrow and let me know. But she asked me not to worry since everything looked good. We were in her office for about 15 minutes. Got to DHS at about 8am and were out of there at 8.40am.

I was a little bit disappointed at first but just 10 minutes ago, I checked the USCIS site and it said Card/Document Production! :) I am super super relieved and happy!

My journey will now have a pitstop here for about 2 years and then ROC and then maybe naturalization. :)

I wish everyone here the best of luck and may everyones journeys be smooth sailing! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations! You are one of the lucky few here:) We more likely have the same filing date, Dec 02, 2013. It's sad that I don't hear anything from mine just yet. No interview schedule sent, No EAD or AP approvals. I called USCIS Friday, seemed like they only have same info as of the website. Agent just told me I'm still on processing time, call back March 2, if I wont get anything.:( Frustrating since I really want to get started, get a job and all.

3 days to Valentine's Day!!!

Oh and interview was today....and we got APPROVED!!!!!! biggrin.png

Interview was scheduled for 8.15am, got called in at about 8.20am.

The officer was nice. Polite and professional. She asked us if we had any questions for her before she began. Told her no, then she started. She didn't grill us too much but just swore us in, asked me questions from the I-485. Once those were answered she asked if there were any extra documents we wanted to submit to her, so I gave her our joint account details and credit card statements, phone bills and showed her my old check book with our address and bills that I paid. She smiled and we chit chatted about the weather and how it was cold, about traveling in Europe and how she was disappointed that she couldn't get her passport stamped with all the different European countries stamps. She was nice. Showed her our wedding photos and she said she loved my deep purple and white theme. smile.png

We were prepared to be separated for the interview, but were pretty happy that she didn't separate us. She said everything looked good, and had to run a last background check but since she got locked out of her computer, she couldn't do it right away. She then explained to us about the conditional residence card and how and when we can file for ROC in 2 years time.

So she said once the last check was taken care of she will send me a letter tomorrow and let me know. But she asked me not to worry since everything looked good. We were in her office for about 15 minutes. Got to DHS at about 8am and were out of there at 8.40am.

I was a little bit disappointed at first but just 10 minutes ago, I checked the USCIS site and it said Card/Document Production! smile.png I am super super relieved and happy!

My journey will now have a pitstop here for about 2 years and then ROC and then maybe naturalization. smile.png

I wish everyone here the best of luck and may everyones journeys be smooth sailing! smile.png

Congrats on your approval!!!...we have ours next week.....hope everything goes the same for the rest of us smile.png

8/13/2008 - F-1 Visa (POE: JFK)

5/11/2010 - Graduated

7/10/2010 - OPT Granted

7/10/2011 - OPT Extn.

8/2011 - Became friends

3/10/2012 - First date

3/17/2012 - Officially dating wub.png

4/28/2012 - Employer applied for H1B

8/1/2012 - RFE for H1B

9/1/2012 - RFE response sent(and changed to premium process)

9/15/2012 - H1B Granted

9/17/2013 - Got Married dancin5hr.gifkicking.gif

11/27/2013 - AOS papers sent

12/5/2013 - AOS papers received {Day 1}

12/10/2013 - NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 {Day 5}

12/18/2013 - Biometrics appointment received {Day 13}

1/3/2014 - Biometrics done {Day 29}

1/14/2014 - NOA2 for interview set on 2/19/2014 {Day 40}

2/15/2014 - EAD Approved {Day 72}

2/19/2014 - Interview done waiting for approval {Day 76}

3/3/2014 - GC Approved!!!! (Card Production Ordered!!!) dancin5hr.gif {Day 88}

2/1/2016 - I-751 sent (ROC)

2/3/2016 - I-751 received/NOA1 letter sent

3/10/2016 - Biometrics done

8/15/2016 - I-751/ROC approved. Card being produced.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Congratulations! You are one of the lucky few here:) We more likely have the same filing date, Dec 02, 2013. It's sad that I don't hear anything from mine just yet. No interview schedule sent, No EAD or AP approvals. I called USCIS Friday, seemed like they only have same info as of the website. Agent just told me I'm still on processing time, call back March 2, if I wont get anything.sad.png Frustrating since I really want to get started, get a job and all.

I'm in the same boat despite putting through 2 expedite requests for the AP (NOA1 date of Dec 5)! Don't worry, you're not alone and hopefully we'll hear something by the first week of March.

Timeline

Rod and Rish,

Yes...the wait is quite frustrating.. I hope things will change quickly!

Stanos86, thank you and best of luck to you and yours! smile.png

thanks kpe0307 ! I do pray and hope too:) @ tool : yes let's just keep that positive spirit and pray for quick updates:) thanks

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

EAD/AP approved today! No text or email though. EAD went straight to card production

K-1 JourneyI-129F sent: 12/03/2012 (overnight)NOA1 printed on letter: 12/06/2012NOA1 text/email: 12/07/2012Transfer from VSC to TSC: 5/29/2013NOA2: 6/18/2013Notice of transfer to Dept of State: 7/10/2013Case received by NVC: 7/12/2013Packet 3 received: 7/26/2013Packet 3 mailed: 7/31/2013 (overnight)Packet 4 received: 8/9/2013Interview: 8/20/2013 Approved!Wedding Date: 10/26/2013 smile.pngAOS JourneyI-485/I-131/I-765 NOA1: 12/6/2013EAD/AP Approved: 2/11/2014<p>Notice of Interview Waiver: Received on 3/17/14 but dated 3/12/14

Approved 6/25/2014!

Timeline

I got my EAD and AP approval yesterday, feb.11:) finally !!!! Though I dont have any update about interview yet. Thank you!

I got my EAD and AP approval yesterday, feb.11:) finally !!!! Though I dont have any update about interview yet. Thank you!

Hello guys, here is my situation, i`ve filled for a expedite on my EAD due to financial loss, i got a Letter from USCIS asking for Proof of My Financial Loss (wich is my husband that lost his job recently) I dont know how to proof that for them, and also asking me to Fax a proof of a Job Offer, well i have a E mail from a person of the company asking me to call her, but they said cant give me a letter stating that would hire me :(. what should i do now? what happens if i dont send those items they requested? my Noa1 its from dec 18...

Call USCIS and ask for it to be expedited due to "severe financial loss" on the basis that you will lose this job opportunity if the EAD isn't approved, that has worked for a lot of others on here but there are some cases where they have rejected that reason but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Hello friend can you give me an advice?, here is my situation, i`ve filled for a expedite on my EAD due to financial loss, i got a Letter from USCIS asking for Proof of My Financial Loss (wich is my husband that lost his job recently) I dont know how to proof that for them, and also asking me to Fax a proof of a Job Offer, well i have a E mail from a person of the company asking me to call her, but they said cant give me a letter stating that would hire me sad.png. what should i do now? what happens if i dont send those items they requested? my Noa1 its from dec 18...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello friend can you give me an advice?, here is my situation, i`ve filled for a expedite on my EAD due to financial loss, i got a Letter from USCIS asking for Proof of My Financial Loss (wich is my husband that lost his job recently) I dont know how to proof that for them, and also asking me to Fax a proof of a Job Offer, well i have a E mail from a person of the company asking me to call her, but they said cant give me a letter stating that would hire me sad.png. what should i do now? what happens if i dont send those items they requested? my Noa1 its from dec 18...

No need to post twice. If you don't have a job offer letter then you obviously can't provide that to USCIS, all you can try to do is to provide a statement explaining the situation and that employer's won't consider employing you unless you have an EAD, they may not accept that though.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

I'm still waiting on my EAD and my NOA is from December 11th. I did my biometrics on January 7th. I have a job offer with a training starting february 25th and I really hope my EAD will come very soon. Looking at the timelines, nobody got approved yet this week. Is this normal?

Edited by Wim and Brittany

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I'm still waiting on my EAD and my NOA is from December 11th. I did my biometrics on January 7th. I have a job offer with a training starting february 25th and I really hope my EAD will come very soon. Looking at the timelines, nobody got approved yet this week. Is this normal?

You should receive it soon... Remember that not all the people that go through this process know about this website and comment here... If nobody of the people that knows about visajourney got approved it doesn't mean anything.. That's my opinion. Be patience and I think you might hear about it very soon... It's only been 60 days since your noa1, you're still in the 90 days timeframe :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

If you have a job offer why don't you expedite your ead? I wouldn't chance not having it by the time I gotta start. If you can provide a letter from your future employer stating that he wants to hire you, you can have your ead much much quicker.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.