Azsara

December 2013 AOS Filers

572 posts in this topic

:dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing: FINALLY!!!! :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

CASE STATUS

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On August 1, 2014, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service

Question how long does it take to get the Social Security number after the Work Authorization card comes. My husband received his card last Saturday, and when we went to apply for a Ssn they said the info wasn't at their level yet.

You do not need EAD for an SSN. I got mine a couple of weeks after POE. Before I even filed for EAD and 3 months before I received it. You are better off addressing this in the SSN forum but either way they have given you bum information.

I am going to be in a similar boat to your kids, I believe my AoS has been approved but am off back to UK this weekend for a month during which time my card will likely arrive. So I will either just return on AP or get my wife to DHL or Fed Ex it to me in the UK.

I do not know the answer to your question though and was hoping someone would answer it who does. However I dont see it would be a big deal to return on AP.

I asked this question when I called USCIS to change my address (fat lot of good that did, our GC's went to the old address, luckily I still had access to the mailbox.) They were clueless and gave me the number of Customs and Border Protection to call. But I have the feeling, as you do, its ok to return on AP if you don't have your Green Card in hand. I'm pretty sure Customs and Border Protection will have no idea the GC's have been Approved and will work with what they are presented with at entry, be it AP or a GC.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Well our interview is scheduled September 23. BUT even though we changed our address to Oregon they still sent it to the California address. Lucky our mail forward worked OMG. Thank heaven..... 8 am interview in Portland Oregon ugggg Got to go light on the coffee. I always drink around 3-4 cups and that would not be good for the interview. :idea:

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Approved today September 18.

Wonderful interview for 10 minutes and then he said we are approved. Gave us the oath, looked at the pictures and asked for ID and a couple of documents and then done approved and out the door.
Its like we were approved before we got there. It was so simple and neat. My wife did a 10 second dance in front the the officer and out the door. He looked at our pictures for 40 seconds. Asked for a couple of papers. Took 5 minutes but we kinda extended to 10. We were really prepared but my submissions before seemed to be enough. I think when my US Senator wrote a fairness letter to the Panama embassy for my wifes tourist visa a few years ago and it appeared to still in the file and was a benefit. Very nice officer, polite. He said "so you been married twice before?" and I replied yes and third time is the charm. He agreed and laughed. Nice experience and very relaxed. Cool really cool.

Out of curiosity, are any December 2013 filers still waiting on an interview notice? I'm a January 2014 filer and I'm getting anxious seeing people that got married months after I filed for AoS report about how they already have the green card in hand when we haven't even been scheduled for an interview yet.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Im on the same boat... still waiting....

Out of curiosity, are any December 2013 filers still waiting on an interview notice? I'm a January 2014 filer and I'm getting anxious seeing people that got married months after I filed for AoS report about how they already have the green card in hand when we haven't even been scheduled for an interview yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
Good day! On Friday, i have checked my status and it showed " card / document production" and on saturday i have checked again it this is the update " On September 19, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283." That this mean I got approved? It is still on the Decision part, however it did mention sending me a card.. Hmmm.. Your thoughts please.. Thank you.

Good day! On Friday, i have checked my status and it showed " card / document production" and on saturday i have checked again it this is the update " On September 19, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283." That this mean I got approved? It is still on the Decision part, however it did mention sending me a card.. Hmmm.. Your thoughts please.. Thank you.

Yes, your AOS has been approved. You're now a permanent resident of the USA. Congratulations! Your green card will arrive soon.

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Approved today September 18.

Wonderful interview for 10 minutes and then he said we are approved. Gave us the oath, looked at the pictures and asked for ID and a couple of documents and then done approved and out the door.

Its like we were approved before we got there. It was so simple and neat. My wife did a 10 second dance in front the the officer and out the door. He looked at our pictures for 40 seconds. Asked for a couple of papers. Took 5 minutes but we kinda extended to 10. We were really prepared but my submissions before seemed to be enough. I think when my US Senator wrote a fairness letter to the Panama embassy for my wifes tourist visa a few years ago and it appeared to still in the file and was a benefit. Very nice officer, polite. He said "so you been married twice before?" and I replied yes and third time is the charm. He agreed and laughed. Nice experience and very relaxed. Cool really cool.

Congrats!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.