Azsara

December 2013 AOS Filers

572 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Question to all:

Im getting a bit frustrated trying to find out what ro do to obtain certain documents... any of you know how to change/get a u.s. drivers license? Ive read I can only get a drivers license with a ssn. That means I would have to wait until I get yhe gc (worse case another 6 month). Plus the dmv would destroy my foreign license?

Also I have not applied for ead and ap and been in the u.s. already 6 month..

It completely depends on the state you're living in.

But one thing is certain: they will NOT destroy your foreign license - they don't have the right to do that.

I live in Massachusetts, which is one of the few states that grants Germans (and Swiss) the exception of simply converting your foreign license to a US one.

Nonetheless I believe you need the SSN everywhere, no matter what state you live in.

You say you have not applied for EAD or AP. Any specific reasons for that?? But you filed your AOS? When? If you haven't gotten your SSN before applying for AOS you'll have to wait for your Greencard to prove your legal status. Or send the application for EAD in now (with a copy of your AOS NOA1). It's free and you can apply for your SSN as soon as you get your EAD.

What state do you live in? I found some information about my driver's license on the homepage of the German Embassy.

Nov 30th 2012.....Filed Petition I-129F

Dec 6th 2012.......NOA1 (VSC)

May 29th 2013.....File got transferred to TSC

June 18th 2013....NOA2 (after 196 days!!!)

July 9th 2013.......Case is sent to NVC

July 18th 2013.....Medical in Munich

Aug 28th 2013.....Interview in FRN - Approved!

Aug 30th 2013.....Visa in mail!

Sep 13th 2013.....POE Boston

Nov 12th 2013.....Wedding in Old City Hall, Boston

Dec 02nd 2013....Sent AOS package

Dec 04th 2013.....Package received

Jan 02nd 2014.....Requested expedite for EAD due to severe financial loss (pending job offer)
Jan 06th 2014......Biometrics Appointment
Jan 07th 2014......EAD/AP Combo Card in production
Jan 13th 2014......Combo Card received in mail
Mar 12th 2014.....Potential Interview Waiver Letter
Apr 23rd 2014......Status update to "Card Production"
Apr 25th 2014......Status update to "Decision"
Apr 28th 2014......Welcome Letter arrived
May 3rd 2014.......Green Card arrived

Hi,

Just wandering how many of you December 2013 filers haven't received your EAD or AP yet?

We field start of Dec, recieved reciepts Dec 13th then Biometrics were done in January. We recived an RFE early Feb which we sent back, the website says they recieved it on Feb 10th and htey were reviewing it but still nothing. I was hopign to have my EAD now, should I be concerned as so many of you have received yours?

My case is being processed by the NBC

Thanks

Just received notice via email that my interview scheduled for this upcoming Monday was canceled. 1 business day notice. no reason mentioned, called them and they don't know why. Our lawyer suggest they are too busy. We were scheduled at the Santa Ana office.

Edited by Cybeline

AOS
December 10, 2013 - mail our AOS
December 12, 2013 - USCIS Chicago Lockbox received my Package
Jan 07, 2014 - Biometrix done
Jan22, 2014 - Check status online ( For Testing and Interview )
Feb 28, 2014 - Check status online ( EAD card production and AP approved)
March 04, 2014 - Got my Interview date ( April 7th, 2014 )
March 06, 2014 - Got my EAD card
April 05,2014 - Interview canceled
April 08 2014 - Changed jurisdiction from Santa Ana,CA to Atlanta, GA
April 22, 2014 - Interview scheduled in Atlanta for May 13th
May 13 2014 - Interview day
May 20th 2014 - Card in production
May 29th 2014 - Green card received

ROC
March 2, 2016 - Sent ROC package to VSC
March 4, 2016 - ROC package received by VSC
March 7, 2016 - NOA1 receipt date
March 11, 2016 - NOA1 received by mail

March 24, 20116 - Received biometrics appointment

April 7, 2016 - Biometrics appointment in Atlanta, GA

Filed: Timeline

Just received notice via email that my interview scheduled for this upcoming Monday was canceled. 1 business day notice. no reason mentioned, called them and they don't know why. Our lawyer suggest they are too busy. We were scheduled at the Santa Ana office.

I'm not surprised they cancelled your interview even though it is rather unfortunate. Looking at the new processing times on the USCIS website (which looks like they released this week), Santa Ana is processing i-485 applications filed February 16th, 2013 as at February 28, 2013. So looks like you are in for the long haul. I would say expect your interview to be re-scheduled somewhere in the next 2-4 months. Good luck!

You talk you teach, you listen you learn

Timeline

It completely depends on the state you're living in.

But one thing is certain: they will NOT destroy your foreign license - they don't have the right to do that.

I live in Massachusetts, which is one of the few states that grants Germans (and Swiss) the exception of simply converting your foreign license to a US one.

Nonetheless I believe you need the SSN everywhere, no matter what state you live in.

You say you have not applied for EAD or AP. Any specific reasons for that?? But you filed your AOS? When? If you haven't gotten your SSN before applying for AOS you'll have to wait for your Greencard to prove your legal status. Or send the application for EAD in now (with a copy of your AOS NOA1). It's free and you can apply for your SSN as soon as you get your EAD.

What state do you live in? I found some information about my driver's license on the homepage of the German Embassy.

I live in NY. The reason I havent applied for the ead is because I would have never imagined to wait that long plus on the webside it says another 500 usd for the ead and ap

I live in NY. The reason I havent applied for the ead is because I would have never imagined to wait that long plus on the webside it says another 500 usd for the ead and ap

Also I do jot had my biometrics done yet. Called uscis again today for my inquiry on that and they told me to wait until may 1st to call again.

Did you get the physical mail too ? If not I would still go if I were your place.

I was in a similar situation (NOTE: "similar") as yours just 2 days before my interview I got a physical notice that I have my fingerprinting scheduled again which did not make sense since I got my EAD already. Any ways we just went prepared and had our interview

Edited by stanos86

8/13/2008 - F-1 Visa (POE: JFK)

5/11/2010 - Graduated

7/10/2010 - OPT Granted

7/10/2011 - OPT Extn.

8/2011 - Became friends

3/10/2012 - First date

3/17/2012 - Officially dating wub.png

4/28/2012 - Employer applied for H1B

8/1/2012 - RFE for H1B

9/1/2012 - RFE response sent(and changed to premium process)

9/15/2012 - H1B Granted

9/17/2013 - Got Married dancin5hr.gifkicking.gif

11/27/2013 - AOS papers sent

12/5/2013 - AOS papers received {Day 1}

12/10/2013 - NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 {Day 5}

12/18/2013 - Biometrics appointment received {Day 13}

1/3/2014 - Biometrics done {Day 29}

1/14/2014 - NOA2 for interview set on 2/19/2014 {Day 40}

2/15/2014 - EAD Approved {Day 72}

2/19/2014 - Interview done waiting for approval {Day 76}

3/3/2014 - GC Approved!!!! (Card Production Ordered!!!) dancin5hr.gif {Day 88}

2/1/2016 - I-751 sent (ROC)

2/3/2016 - I-751 received/NOA1 letter sent

3/10/2016 - Biometrics done

8/15/2016 - I-751/ROC approved. Card being produced.

Did you get the physical mail too ? If not I would still go if I were your place.

I was in a similar situation (NOTE: "similar") as yours just 2 days before my interview I got a physical notice that I have my fingerprinting scheduled again which did not make sense since I got my EAD already. Any ways we just went prepared and had our interview

They mailed it today so we have not received it yet. But we moved to another state now so we had flight tickets to fly back Sunday and all.

Everything is already canceled, lawyer told us it happens unfortunately. We just transferred our case to our new state meaning we are back of the line here now but at least won't cost 1k to fly back. :(

AOS
December 10, 2013 - mail our AOS
December 12, 2013 - USCIS Chicago Lockbox received my Package
Jan 07, 2014 - Biometrix done
Jan22, 2014 - Check status online ( For Testing and Interview )
Feb 28, 2014 - Check status online ( EAD card production and AP approved)
March 04, 2014 - Got my Interview date ( April 7th, 2014 )
March 06, 2014 - Got my EAD card
April 05,2014 - Interview canceled
April 08 2014 - Changed jurisdiction from Santa Ana,CA to Atlanta, GA
April 22, 2014 - Interview scheduled in Atlanta for May 13th
May 13 2014 - Interview day
May 20th 2014 - Card in production
May 29th 2014 - Green card received

ROC
March 2, 2016 - Sent ROC package to VSC
March 4, 2016 - ROC package received by VSC
March 7, 2016 - NOA1 receipt date
March 11, 2016 - NOA1 received by mail

March 24, 20116 - Received biometrics appointment

April 7, 2016 - Biometrics appointment in Atlanta, GA

Also I do jot had my biometrics done yet. Called uscis again today for my inquiry on that and they told me to wait until may 1st to call again.

If you file for EAD and AP at the same time as AOS it costs no more, does not help you now but hopefully someone else will see this and know. It's all in the guides.

Timeline

If you file for EAD and AP at the same time as AOS it costs no more, does not help you now but hopefully someone else will see this and know. It's all in the guides.

Yep now I know but too late..... I read I can submit these forms at any time. So thats what I did yesterday. Will express mail it on monday and hope it wont take the full 90 days.

Hi,

Just wandering how many of you December 2013 filers haven't received your EAD or AP yet?

We field start of Dec, recieved reciepts Dec 13th then Biometrics were done in January. We recived an RFE early Feb which we sent back, the website says they recieved it on Feb 10th and htey were reviewing it but still nothing. I was hopign to have my EAD now, should I be concerned as so many of you have received yours?

My case is being processed by the NBC

Thanks

I think I was similar timeframe to you but can't tell as you haven't posted a timeline (always helpful, perhaps you could). They tend to respond to RFEs pretty quickly so probably worth calling the uscis hotline, ask to escalate and say you wanted to speak to an Immigration Officer as you wanted to make sure they had all the evidence they needed.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Filed 485 in Dec 2013, Biometrics Jan 9. No RFE. Ead in Feb. Nothing more....................nada Not a peep.....

We are in the same boat tradewind. Filed in dec 2013, biometrics Jan 10, RFE in JAn and EAD in Feb. Got an online notification in the end of FEB that we were to be scheduled but nada since then. Haha some offices are so slow and our office is superrrrrrrrr slow Edited by BeMerry

12.09.2013 - AOS packet sent
12.12.2013 - NOA's Priority Date
12.21.2013 - Received 3 NOA's by mail
12.26.2013 - NOA for Biometrics appointment. Date set for 01.10.2014
01.10.2014 - Biometrics appointment
01.16.2014 - USCIS requested more docs
01.20.2014 - Requested docs were sent by lawyer
01.28.2014 - Received txt/email notication that the case is under 'Response Review'
02.15.2014 - EAD card production ordered
02.24.2014 - EAD card was mailed out of KY

02.25.2014 - I-485 status online changed to "testing & interview"

02.27.2014 - EAD card RECEIVED

05.07.2014 - I-485 status showing the interview date updated - Interview on June 12, 2014
(day ) - Received NOA about the interview appointment on
(day ) - Interview @ SLC
(day ) - I-485 Approved
(day ) - Green Card Received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

We are in the same boat tradewind. Filed in dec 2013, biometrics Jan 10, RFE in JAn and EAD in Feb. Got an online notification in the end of FEB that we were to be scheduled but nada since then. Haha some offices are so slow and our office is superrrrrrrrr slow

I called them up and the office where we expect to interview San Bernardino Ca is working on Aug 2013 applications so the lady at USCIS said so that gives us 4-6 more months before interview so it seems but who knows.

You would think if we have the message from USCIS that we are being scheduled for an interview we should receive it shortly. If they are working on August 2013 why would they send a letter that we are in process of being scheduled for an interview.....????

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I called them up and the office where we expect to interview San Bernardino Ca is working on Aug 2013 applications so the lady at USCIS said so that gives us 4-6 more months before interview so it seems but who knows.

You would think if we have the message from USCIS that we are being scheduled for an interview we should receive it shortly. If they are working on August 2013 why would they send a letter that we are in process of being scheduled for an interview.....????

yes, unfortunately the information they give about the timeframe is not reliable. I found this out through a search in cases in my area. I did another research online and found out that the 3 most recent cases in my area took from 187, 201 and 203 days to get through the whole process. Its been 118 days since I applied so i have a lot more waiting. Unfortunately, all we can do is wait at this point :s

12.09.2013 - AOS packet sent
12.12.2013 - NOA's Priority Date
12.21.2013 - Received 3 NOA's by mail
12.26.2013 - NOA for Biometrics appointment. Date set for 01.10.2014
01.10.2014 - Biometrics appointment
01.16.2014 - USCIS requested more docs
01.20.2014 - Requested docs were sent by lawyer
01.28.2014 - Received txt/email notication that the case is under 'Response Review'
02.15.2014 - EAD card production ordered
02.24.2014 - EAD card was mailed out of KY

02.25.2014 - I-485 status online changed to "testing & interview"

02.27.2014 - EAD card RECEIVED

05.07.2014 - I-485 status showing the interview date updated - Interview on June 12, 2014
(day ) - Received NOA about the interview appointment on
(day ) - Interview @ SLC
(day ) - I-485 Approved
(day ) - Green Card Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.