1,942 posts in this topic

I can tell!but did your case get to NVC already?You're just waiting for your case # and for it to be delivered to the U.S embasy In DR. Right??

Im waiting for nvc to scan my file into the system. Its still showing not received as of yesterday morning. They told me to wait another 3 weeks! Yea right I may call again tonight and then every couple days.

event.png

event.png
event.png
event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Im waiting for nvc to scan my file into the system. Its still showing not received as of yesterday morning. They told me to wait another 3 weeks! Yea right I may call again tonight and then every couple days.

Just so you know, I spoke to my lawyer and he said that they had a meeting with NVC people two days ago and the lawyers were informed that NVC just received a batch of 25,000 approved petitions in one day and that they'll be a bit behind. Whether yours made it in before that, I don't know. My case was received 6/5 and scanned on 6/10 and its in Casablanca as of 6/24. I hope yours gets out sooner than 3 weeks.

10/22/12 - Met online

04/19/13 - First trip to Morocco

11/22/13 - Second trip to Morocco

12/13/13 - Mailed I-129F Petition to Dallas Lockbox

12/19/13 - Received electronic notification for NOA1

12/30/13 - Received paper copy of NOA1

01/06/14 - Alien Registration Number was changed

02/13/14 - Third trip to Morocco

04/09/14 - Mailed Certified letter to Senator 1 requesting update on case

05/19/14 - Still no response from Senator 1's office

05/19/14 - Faxed request for intervention to Senator 2

05/21/14 - Spoke with my case officer, asked me for additional info to be faxed to her.

05/22/14 - Petition approved (as per tier 2 officer on phone and mailed)

05/28/14 - Approval sent to DOS for processing (still no paper copy of NOA2)

06/05/14 - NVC received approval from USCIS

06/10/14 - NVC registers petition; received case number

06/24/14 - In transit to Morocco

06/25/14 - Case is ready for interview

07/01/14 - Called consulate, they called my fiancé and scheduled the interview and emailed packet 3

07/15/14 - First interview

07/24/14 - Fourth trip to Morocco

08/05/14 - Fiancé relocated to Australia

Pending case transfer from Casablanca to Sydney

02/12/15 - Fifth trip together -- meeting in SE Asia

event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

Wow that suckssss! More waitingggg! Goddd! By the way I had to guide the other december filer with the updating timeline since it was messing up IGORS list! But she said she received update of approval through website on the 20th but e-mail on the 26th( she posted that her approval was yesterday)! I guess people are messing up their NOA2 dates!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I was planning to contact my senator today, because I still haven't received an e-mail or text after nearly seven months. On a whim, I checked the USCIS website and saw it moved to post-decision activity two days ago. I nearly teared up. Glad that stage is over! On to the NVC.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

From my experience I wouldn't worry too much about when your file gets to NVC or when it leaves NVC.

They will mail you a letter with your service # as soon as they forward it to your consulate. You will receive this before it gets to the consulate most likely and then will be able to schedule your appointment as soon as the consulate notifies you.

At this point you don't have much waiting to do so try not to stress too much!

11/18/2013 - Filed I-129F
11/25/2013 - NOA1 text/email received
05/01/2014 - NOA2 text/Email received
06/18/2014 - Interview - Approved
07/31/2014 - Point of Entry
10/17/2014 - Married
10/23/2014 - Filed AOS/EAD/AP
11/07/2014 - 3x NOA1 text/emails received

12/05/2014 - Biometrics

12/22/2014 - EAD/AP Approved

01/02/2015 - EAD/AP Card Received

I was planning to contact my senator today, because I still haven't received an e-mail or text after nearly seven months. On a whim, I checked the USCIS website and saw it moved to post-decision activity two days ago. I nearly teared up. Glad that stage is over! On to the NVC.

CONGRATS!! :) When did you file? Can you update your timeline please

Edited by Zach<3Katiuska

From my experience I wouldn't worry too much about when your file gets to NVC or when it leaves NVC.

They will mail you a letter with your service # as soon as they forward it to your consulate. You will receive this before it gets to the consulate most likely and then will be able to schedule your appointment as soon as the consulate notifies you.

At this point you don't have much waiting to do so try not to stress too much!

Thanks, well for my consulate i don't get to choose the date... still should heed your advice and not stress too much. Interesting what the other poster mentioned about the 25,000 newly approved apps. Must be coming from CSC cuz they certainly aren't coming from TSC!

event.png

event.png
event.png
event.png

Congrats! Another Dec filer.

Hopefully by Monday, the rest of our Dec filer will have been approved.

congrats!! hoping for the rest of us!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

so far no luck, the consulate is delaying sending the file back to uscis and nvc, so we are in limbo....has been 2 months already and we are stuck, with a time limit on how long we have to do anything about it thru uscis and nvc but they cant do anything without the file and mumbai is in no hurry to send it. i suspect it is to cover themselves, if we time out and have to reapply... but to reapply will just have us rejected by the consulate again and again, unless we could transfer to another consulate... that consulate officer has the power to do as he pleases, by law, and he is likely even more prone to reject us after i got my senators to contact them.... he was combative and abusive thru the interview, and making his own rules, made his own fantasy decisions instead of what the evidence showed.....and yes, mumbai has a bad track record, sometimes it is good, but much of the time it isnt.... they dont seem to like interracial couples for one thing, and many other things i found when i looked at the reviews for them.... it is an ugly situation, and we seem to have very little chance.... my last hope seems to be to write to the inspector general and the consulate general about it, showing them the same proof i found about the consulate, and our proof again. how the consulate officer didnt understand indian marriage law i will never be able to fathom... but he decided on a whim and we are stuck..... mumbai is very bad, and all we can do is pray now.... :cry::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

I hope you resolve your denial situation...I would be devastated if that were to happen to me! Tanak's fiance(e) is from India. and she/he was asking if India's a highfraud Country.. Tanak received RFE and you got your denial..!Have you heard of any other petition with India being the beneficiary's country approved or denied/ received an RFE besides you guys ?

Date I-129F Sent : (2013-12-02) Date I-129F NOA1 (2013-12-05) : Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : (2014-01-24)
National Visa Center Processing Date Package Left From NVC : (2014-02-10)
Consulate Processing Date Received By Consulate : (2014-02-20) Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) : (never) Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) : (yyyy-mm-dd) Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4): (yyyy-mm-dd) Interview Date (K1 Visa): (finally 2014-04-25 & 04-26) Interview Result: Denied

date contacted senators for assistance: 2014-05-22

so far no luck, the consulate is delaying sending the file back to uscis and nvc, so we are in limbo....has been 2 months already and we are stuck, with a time limit on how long we have to do anything about it thru uscis and nvc but they cant do anything without the file and mumbai is in no hurry to send it. i suspect it is to cover themselves, if we time out and have to reapply... but to reapply will just have us rejected by the consulate again and again, unless we could transfer to another consulate... that consulate officer has the power to do as he pleases, by law, and he is likely even more prone to reject us after i got my senators to contact them.... he was combative and abusive thru the interview, and making his own rules, made his own fantasy decisions instead of what the evidence showed.....and yes, mumbai has a bad track record, sometimes it is good, but much of the time it isnt.... they dont seem to like interracial couples for one thing, and many other things i found when i looked at the reviews for them.... it is an ugly situation, and we seem to have very little chance.... my last hope seems to be to write to the inspector general and the consulate general about it, showing them the same proof i found about the consulate, and our proof again. how the consulate officer didnt understand indian marriage law i will never be able to fathom... but he decided on a whim and we are stuck..... mumbai is very bad, and all we can do is pray now.... :cry::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Sorry to hear that! Why don't you try doing the I-130 Petition. (Spouse visa)?By the way, if you get interviewed again, you won't get the same abusive jerk!!You'd probably be lucky to get someone else. keep fightinggg! don't give up!

Edited by Zach<3Katiuska

Timeline

wishing we could, but we arent legally married, i couldnt stay for the 30 day residency required by indian law before they let you get married there. i had to get back to work or risk being fired, they told me before i left for india, so i couldnt just take the extra time and hope for the best. if i filed for the cr-1, uscis and nvc would deny us because we arent married in the law, only in our hearts. if we have to file another k-1 and wait another 6 months, uscis and nvc will approve us but mumbai will deny us, again.... we are stuck, but will keep fighting, keep going higher, i even wrote the whitehouse.gov site for help.... i was desperate, lol..... and have both senators working on it.... next step is to write the consulate general and the inspector generals office.... but in the meantime my fiance has had sunstroke because of the heatwave there and it left him so weak, but the consulate doesnt care, and now is the monsoons and he is already in a weakened state because of the sunstroke.... so i will keep trying and fighting, no matter what..... i love him.... all we asked was a chance to live a happy life together and that consulate is being sadistic.... *sigh* :cry::crying::clock::cry::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Sorry to hear that! Why don't you try doing the I-130 Petition. (Spouse visa)?By the way, if you get interviewed again, you won't get the same abusive jerk!!You'd probably be lucky to get someone else. keep fightinggg! don't give up!

Date I-129F Sent : (2013-12-02) Date I-129F NOA1 (2013-12-05) : Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : (2014-01-24)
Consulate Processing Date Received By Consulate : (2014-02-20) Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) : (never) Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) : (yyyy-mm-dd) Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4): (yyyy-mm-dd) Interview Date (K1 Visa): (finally 2014-04-25 & 04-26) Interview Result: Denied

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

so far no luck, the consulate is delaying sending the file back to uscis and nvc, so we are in limbo....has been 2 months already and we are stuck, with a time limit on how long we have to do anything about it thru uscis and nvc but they cant do anything without the file and mumbai is in no hurry to send it. i suspect it is to cover themselves, if we time out and have to reapply... but to reapply will just have us rejected by the consulate again and again, unless we could transfer to another consulate... that consulate officer has the power to do as he pleases, by law, and he is likely even more prone to reject us after i got my senators to contact them.... he was combative and abusive thru the interview, and making his own rules, made his own fantasy decisions instead of what the evidence showed.....and yes, mumbai has a bad track record, sometimes it is good, but much of the time it isnt.... they dont seem to like interracial couples for one thing, and many other things i found when i looked at the reviews for them.... it is an ugly situation, and we seem to have very little chance.... my last hope seems to be to write to the inspector general and the consulate general about it, showing them the same proof i found about the consulate, and our proof again. how the consulate officer didnt understand indian marriage law i will never be able to fathom... but he decided on a whim and we are stuck..... mumbai is very bad, and all we can do is pray now.... :cry::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Wow. So sorry to hear that. Why did they deny you?

event.png

event.png

event.png

I Am The Petitioner

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? WE WISH!

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-129F Sent : 12/07/2013

I-129F NOA1 : 12/16/2013

Alien Registration Number Changed: 12/24/2013

Wait... wait... wait... wait...

Asked Congressman to send service request to USCIS: 7/1/2014

USCIS received Congressman's inquiry: 7/3/2014

Notification via USCIS Website of NOA2 - Approved: 7/5/2014

NOA2: 6/25/2014 - We found out later it had been approved (but not posted) before congressional inquiry received.

Shipped to Embassy: 7/17/2014

Received by Embassy: 7/21/2014 - Status: READY

Packet 3.5: 7/24/2014

Packet 3.5 Sent: 8/7/2014 (We had delays because of civil unrest in Pakistan)

Embassy Receive: 8/21/2014 (Again delays due to civil unrest)

Receive Appointment Letter/Interview Date: 8/27/2014 (interview date in just 9 days)!

Medical Exam: 8/29/2014 (Yikes! The whole thing has now been postponed for 2 months for TB testing)

Interview Date: Originally 9/5/2014 - Now Postponed for at least two months

TB Test Results: 10/15/2014 - came back 18 days early! And she's negative!

Interview Rescheduled 10/17/2014: (embassy moving at lightning speed)!

New Interview Date: 10/29/2014 APPROVED!!!

CEAC Updates to AP: 11/13/2014

CEAC Updates to ISSUED!! 11/14/2014

Visa In-Hand: 11/24/2014

Arrival in USA: 11/27/2014 -- 11 MONTHS, 1 WEEK, 4 DAYS AFTER NOA1

MARRIED: 11/30/2014 !!!

[/center]

THE END!

Timeline

ty so much, when i visited my fiance last year, we tried to get married, but they require a 30 day waiting period, similar to our 3 day waiting period here, and i couldnt stay that long. i would have lost my job, so i had to return before we were to be allowed to marry in india. the consular officer had no idea what the indian marriage laws are apparently, and insisted that we were married after all and that i had to apply for a cr-1 for spouses instead. the proof was in my i-29f, passport dates i was in india, everything needed to prove that i wasn't there long enough to marry, and i had added an addendum to explain the situation, and yet still he insisted, and so denied us. i cntacted my senators for help and now they are trying to change the reason since i could prove that they were wrong in their decision, and now say that they doubt that we are a real couple, even though i sent all of the proof of our relationship for the past few years.... it is a big mess, and we are trapped, unable to file a cr-1 because we are not legally married, and yet if we file another k-1, which would be sooo unfair, and wait another 6-8 months, it will just be denied again by that consulate.... we are an interracial couple, a no-no for mumbai, and they were attacking him verbally throughout to find a reason they could use to deny us, finally insisting that we were already married no matter what the evidence showed... still fighting to get our right to marry, we love each other too much to just give up, but losing hope... but i will keep fighting from here and he is doing what he can from there....time is passing and our app may expire if it hasn't already, we are stuck in a catch-22 situation... :clock::clock::cry::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Wow. So sorry to hear that. Why did they deny you?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.