1,942 posts in this topic

Well I just sent my letter to my congressman and senator. So I hope I hear from them soon. lets keep our fingers crossed.

we got approved yesterday, I just checked now. We got Rfe in 15th of April, and replied it early this month.

Congrats!

Thought I'd let you all know something a congressional aid told me today. I went to my congressman's district office today to ask if they could put in a request since I'm at 6 months since NOA1. I have to say it's so much nicer meeting with someone in person than over the phone. People are just more helpful when you meet with them in person.

While there, I asked him if it actually helps to put in a congressional inquiry. And he said it sure does. He said, "we obviously can't tell them what to do but they have a staff dedicated to answering congressional inquiries. And since they're less busy than the normal customer service people - when we submit a request they actually look into it and that usually helps speed things up a bit."

So, if you've been hesitating as I did for too long to put in an inquiry - do so ASAP!!

I, too, contact both of my senators and the congressman in my district. I received an email from the staff of one of the senators telling me that someone at their office would review my request and respond. Never heard back from that person.

The second senator mailed me a postal letter telling me that his office has opened an inquiry on my behalf and he hoped to hear back from USCIS within 25 to 30 days.

The congressman for my district responded almost right away (the same day they received my certified letter) and told me that they had opened a congressional inquiry into the matter on my behalf.

So I had 2 inquiries on my behalf, plus an eService Request that I put in on USCIS website. About 3 days later, I got the approval. I am not sure if these inquiries made the difference or if the case officer got to my file in his queue. But, regardless, I hope those of us who are still waiting get their approvals by end of the month.

Filed: Timeline

Jon York... I talked to my fiance about it but he's too negative..thinking that if we get too many people involved we can affect our case or something like that. I believe that he didn't send the 2nd senator the consent for after we received a response from 1st senator stating that our case has been pulled out for review and that we would here a response within the next few days ;S ( still waiting). He is a conformist. So if I ask him to get the congressman involved he would flip out. He said he would call USCIS himself on Monday and if that doesn't work I'm going to blow up on him!lol!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Jon York... I talked to my fiance about it but he's too negative..thinking that if we get too many people involved we can affect our case or something like that. I believe that he didn't send the 2nd senator the consent for after we received a response from 1st senator stating that our case has been pulled out for review and that we would here a response within the next few days ;S ( still waiting). He is a conformist. So if I ask him to get the congressman involved he would flip out. He said he would call USCIS himself on Monday and if that doesn't work I'm going to blow up on him!lol!

. He sounds just like my fiancee?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have a question to those who got approved. What time did you guys receive ur approval?

My electronic notification came at 11:15pm EST on 5/28/14. I know it was approved on the 22nd though, and I still haven't received any paper notification.

10/22/12 - Met online

04/19/13 - First trip to Morocco

11/22/13 - Second trip to Morocco

12/13/13 - Mailed I-129F Petition to Dallas Lockbox

12/19/13 - Received electronic notification for NOA1

12/30/13 - Received paper copy of NOA1

01/06/14 - Alien Registration Number was changed

02/13/14 - Third trip to Morocco

04/09/14 - Mailed Certified letter to Senator 1 requesting update on case

05/19/14 - Still no response from Senator 1's office

05/19/14 - Faxed request for intervention to Senator 2

05/21/14 - Spoke with my case officer, asked me for additional info to be faxed to her.

05/22/14 - Petition approved (as per tier 2 officer on phone and mailed)

05/28/14 - Approval sent to DOS for processing (still no paper copy of NOA2)

06/05/14 - NVC received approval from USCIS

06/10/14 - NVC registers petition; received case number

06/24/14 - In transit to Morocco

06/25/14 - Case is ready for interview

07/01/14 - Called consulate, they called my fiancé and scheduled the interview and emailed packet 3

07/15/14 - First interview

07/24/14 - Fourth trip to Morocco

08/05/14 - Fiancé relocated to Australia

Pending case transfer from Casablanca to Sydney

02/12/15 - Fifth trip together -- meeting in SE Asia

event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

. He sounds just like my fiancee?

Lol yeah there's nothing we can do except get on their back and put pressure! Oh btw I read on the November thread...that their senator replied back to one of them stating that USCIS is working on Jan. 13th filers!!wrongg information! We all know that they're working on december filers right now and maybe that person that gave that information to the girl has no November and december filers stacked on her desk... They should give her some!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a question to those who got approved. What time did you guys receive ur approval?

From what I've seen people generally get their texts/emails between 8pm EST and 12am EST, most around 10pm EST.

K-1

I-129F NOA1 => NOA2: 161 days

NOA2 => Interview: 64 days

AP: 33 days

Total: 258 days

AOS

I-485 NOA => GC: 333 days

No Interview

ROC

07/30/2017: Package Sent

08/01/2017: NOA

09/07/2017: Biometrics

12/04/2018: Approved! 490 days

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We received ours at 9:02pm cst

**************AOS timeline*************************

(L) Married 05/23/2015 (L)

06/25/2015: Filed AOS ( I-131/I-485/I765)

06/29/2015: USCIS Received

07/07/2015: Check Cashed

07/08/2015: NOA1 emails/texts( I-131/I-485/I765)

07/13/2015: NOA1 Hard copies ( I-131/I-485/I765)

07/17/2015: Biometrics notice received

07/29/2015: Biometrics Appointment

09/04/2015: EAD/AP approved/ordered

09/09/2015: EAD/AP Combo Card Mailed

09/12/2015: Combo Card received

10/07/2015: Received NPIW letter

12/03/2015: Green Card Approved! (Card being Produced) :dancing:

12/10/2015: Green Card received in the mail!!!

**************ROC timeline*************************

09/16/2017: Filed Removal of Conditions I-751

09/20/2017: Check cashed

09/22/2017: NOA1 in mail (dated 9/19/17)

10/07/2017: Biometric notice received

10/16/2017: Biometrics Appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My fiancé got his text about 3pm EST

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.