1,942 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Took me a week. then another week to hear the approval

Anyone know how long it takes to get RFE?
Letter in mail, was dated for June 10th

Jan 22 2014-NOA 1

June 2 2014- RFE through Email

June 6th 2014- Received RFE in mail then sent back with response through overnight mail

June 13th 2014- NOA2 through email

June 17th 2014- Received email notification that package is on it's way to NVC

June 18th 2014- Received NOA2 letter in mail

June 25th 2014- NVC received

June 26th 2014- Case number assigned

June 30th 2014- Case left NVC, on way to Germany!

July 2nd 2014- Case arrived in Germany

July 9th 2014- Received packet #3

July 9th 2014- Over nighted packet #3 back to Embassy

July 24th 2014- Interview approved

WAITING FOR VISA GLITCH TO BE FIXED, RESCHEDULING FLIGHT

August 4th- Administrative Processing

August 5th- ISSUED!

August 6th- Picking up Visa, and flying out.

August 9th-Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I did not go to India he was here in the US we stayed at my house. Not sure why no pictures just never took any. He's been coming to the states for 10 years had a wife back home. We had love affair for 2 years. He went home in November 2013 because he wife got sick an passed away in December 2013. An he ask me to marry him in January 2014. An I said yes, we love each other very much.

Tana kauffman

Timeline

Sorry wrong month his wife passed December 2nd he ask me to marry him December 10th, an filed i129 on December 18th. Him an his wife didn't live together. But never divorced

Tana kauffman

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I did not go to India he was here in the US we stayed at my house. Not sure why no pictures just never took any. He's been coming to the states for 10 years had a wife back home. We had love affair for 2 years. He went home in November 2013 because he wife got sick an passed away in December 2013. An he ask me to marry him in January 2014. An I said yes, we love each other very much.

Ummm, when did his wife die? Was he free to marry when you submitted the I129F?

And you included letters of intent in your packet even before he asked you to marry him?

Doesn't he have passport stamps, boarding passes etc to prove that you met?

Hmm. maybe a picture of his passport stamps into and out of the US? his plane ticket receipts... Those would also help. At least that proves he was there... Did you guys do anything together while he was here that you could get a receipt for? I didn't mean to insinuate that your case was fraudulent by the way. Your case is definitely unique though in my opinion!

Without pictures it will be hard, now i understand why you got an RFE. You need something to prove that you both were in the same place at the same time. Do you have anything like that???

event.png

event.png
event.png
event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Sorry wrong month his wife passed December 2nd he ask me to marry him December 10th, an filed i129 on December 18th. Him an his wife didn't live together. But never divorced

Ah ok. So you sent a copy of her death certificate with your package?

Yes sent death certificate, an his was passed before he ask me to marry him.

You need proof of having been together face to face. To me it is clear that that is why they want additional evidence.

event.png

event.png
event.png
event.png

Timeline

Sent in my husbands death certificate. An intent to marry with i129. They are asking for his wife's death certificate, an intent to marry from him. An prof of relationship. His wife passed away December 2nd he ask me to marry him December 10th I sent in i129 on December 18th. I am sending in letters from friends of relationship, chats, emails, an copies of his passport an stamps of entering US an leaving US. This is a real relationship, been together 2 years an we love each other very much.

Tana kauffman

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You say he asked you to marry him in January 2014. But you sent in your I-129F in December 2013. So you weren't in fact engaged at the time you sent in this fiance petition.

Edited by Jon York

event.png

event.png

event.png

I Am The Petitioner

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? WE WISH!

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-129F Sent : 12/07/2013

I-129F NOA1 : 12/16/2013

Alien Registration Number Changed: 12/24/2013

Wait... wait... wait... wait...

Asked Congressman to send service request to USCIS: 7/1/2014

USCIS received Congressman's inquiry: 7/3/2014

Notification via USCIS Website of NOA2 - Approved: 7/5/2014

NOA2: 6/25/2014 - We found out later it had been approved (but not posted) before congressional inquiry received.

Shipped to Embassy: 7/17/2014

Received by Embassy: 7/21/2014 - Status: READY

Packet 3.5: 7/24/2014

Packet 3.5 Sent: 8/7/2014 (We had delays because of civil unrest in Pakistan)

Embassy Receive: 8/21/2014 (Again delays due to civil unrest)

Receive Appointment Letter/Interview Date: 8/27/2014 (interview date in just 9 days)!

Medical Exam: 8/29/2014 (Yikes! The whole thing has now been postponed for 2 months for TB testing)

Interview Date: Originally 9/5/2014 - Now Postponed for at least two months

TB Test Results: 10/15/2014 - came back 18 days early! And she's negative!

Interview Rescheduled 10/17/2014: (embassy moving at lightning speed)!

New Interview Date: 10/29/2014 APPROVED!!!

CEAC Updates to AP: 11/13/2014

CEAC Updates to ISSUED!! 11/14/2014

Visa In-Hand: 11/24/2014

Arrival in USA: 11/27/2014 -- 11 MONTHS, 1 WEEK, 4 DAYS AFTER NOA1

MARRIED: 11/30/2014 !!!

[/center]

THE END!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Letters from friends attesting to your relationship will be absolutely meaningless to the government. You have to have pictures of you two together. And even more than that you have to have boarding passes, airline ticket receipts, hotel receipts, passport stamps, whatever, showing that he was in the same place as you at the same time. So you'll need documentation proving that you were there at the same time as well.

Edited by Jon York

event.png

event.png

event.png

I Am The Petitioner

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? WE WISH!

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-129F Sent : 12/07/2013

I-129F NOA1 : 12/16/2013

Alien Registration Number Changed: 12/24/2013

Wait... wait... wait... wait...

Asked Congressman to send service request to USCIS: 7/1/2014

USCIS received Congressman's inquiry: 7/3/2014

Notification via USCIS Website of NOA2 - Approved: 7/5/2014

NOA2: 6/25/2014 - We found out later it had been approved (but not posted) before congressional inquiry received.

Shipped to Embassy: 7/17/2014

Received by Embassy: 7/21/2014 - Status: READY

Packet 3.5: 7/24/2014

Packet 3.5 Sent: 8/7/2014 (We had delays because of civil unrest in Pakistan)

Embassy Receive: 8/21/2014 (Again delays due to civil unrest)

Receive Appointment Letter/Interview Date: 8/27/2014 (interview date in just 9 days)!

Medical Exam: 8/29/2014 (Yikes! The whole thing has now been postponed for 2 months for TB testing)

Interview Date: Originally 9/5/2014 - Now Postponed for at least two months

TB Test Results: 10/15/2014 - came back 18 days early! And she's negative!

Interview Rescheduled 10/17/2014: (embassy moving at lightning speed)!

New Interview Date: 10/29/2014 APPROVED!!!

CEAC Updates to AP: 11/13/2014

CEAC Updates to ISSUED!! 11/14/2014

Visa In-Hand: 11/24/2014

Arrival in USA: 11/27/2014 -- 11 MONTHS, 1 WEEK, 4 DAYS AFTER NOA1

MARRIED: 11/30/2014 !!!

[/center]

THE END!

Timeline

I messed up the month sorry, it was December not January, then why does the RFE say statements from friends or family. I know people that got visa an never even met each other. Just online dating.

Tana kauffman

I messed up the month sorry, it was December not January, then why does the RFE say statements from friends or family. I know people that got visa an never even met each other. Just online dating.

They must have met eachother, that is one of the requirements for the K1 visa, To have met in the last 2 years prior to sending off the petition.

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-09-09

(Sent to NVC: 2014-09-15)

NVC Received : 2014-09-22

NVC Left :2014-09-26

Medical : 2014-09-29

Consulate Received : 2014-09-29

Packet 3 Received : 2014-10-06

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2014-10-23

Interview Date : 2014-11-07

Interview Result : APPROVED!!

AP : 2014-11-12 (2 hours)

Issued: 2014- 11- 12

Timeline

I come here for a little help, an people act like I did something wrong, I put the wrong month by mistake. An know I'm a lier an fraud. I am 52 years old, an he is 61. Our relationship is a little different then others, to much to explain. But it is real, an we love each other.

Tana kauffman

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.