1,942 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

we called NVC again today. Finally, we got our case number and when i checked online status it shows " in transit" yay! ( 29 days from NOA2)

Go ahead and pay at bpi ASAP. As of now I think they're filling up may slots, but I'm positive earlier slots would always open.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Im online with ipad so i cant really upload a pic im sorry! But if u go to uscis site,check my case then on that page u have an option to see the time process to each center. So they say 5 months but down the bars with small letters it says "effective as of December 31 2013"

That doesn't necessarily mean that they're working on December filers. It means that that was the last time the information was uupdated. It's updated periodically.

goofy.gif My K-1 Timeline goofy.gif

12/04/2013 Mailed K-1 packet to Dallas Lockbox USPS Priority Express (overnight)
12/05/2014 K-1 packet recieved
12/09/2013 Received email and text of NOA1
12//2013 Hard copy of NOA1 received
12/13/2013 Called to speak with tier 2 supervisor to fix errors on I-129F & G325A in hopes of preempting RFE
12/19/2013 Alien registration number changed
04/01/2014 NOA2 (apparently changes preempted RFE)
4/11/2014 NVC Received

4/15/2014 NVC left

4/22/2014 Consulate Received

5/07/2014 Picked up packet 1

5/20/2014 Interview 1 (asked to correct error on bring birth certificate and bring more evidence of relationship)

7/29/2014 Interview 2 (passed visa will be issued on 8/01/2014)
Texas Service Center

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

What if your employer denies to write you a statement. You can't force your employer to write you a note for immigration. I asked my boss to, and she refused.

[/quote

You should not need a letter from your employer. You only need proof of income. As the previous poster indicated w2 and check stubs should suffice.

goofy.gif My K-1 Timeline goofy.gif

12/04/2013 Mailed K-1 packet to Dallas Lockbox USPS Priority Express (overnight)
12/05/2014 K-1 packet recieved
12/09/2013 Received email and text of NOA1
12//2013 Hard copy of NOA1 received
12/13/2013 Called to speak with tier 2 supervisor to fix errors on I-129F & G325A in hopes of preempting RFE
12/19/2013 Alien registration number changed
04/01/2014 NOA2 (apparently changes preempted RFE)
4/11/2014 NVC Received

4/15/2014 NVC left

4/22/2014 Consulate Received

5/07/2014 Picked up packet 1

5/20/2014 Interview 1 (asked to correct error on bring birth certificate and bring more evidence of relationship)

7/29/2014 Interview 2 (passed visa will be issued on 8/01/2014)
Texas Service Center

What if your employer denies to write you a statement. You can't force your employer to write you a note for immigration. I asked my boss to, and she refused.

[/quote

You should not need a letter from your employer. You only need proof of income. As the previous poster indicated w2 and check stubs should suffice.

Thanks. :)

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

ame="Tiff&Babs" post="6867255" timestamp="1394285260"]

Thanks. smile.png

A letter of employment is NOT required. The VOs know there are some employers who will refuse to write such a letter, and there is no law in America that can force them to write it. Your paycheck stubs, tax returns, bank statements, and/or employment contract are sufficient proof.

Edited by ExExpat

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

we called NVC again today. Finally, we got our case number and when i checked online status it shows " in transit" yay! ( 29 days from NOA2)

Hi,

I just want to make sure about the case number thing. We have to call the NVC or we shall wait them to send us letter or contact us by email??

I noticed that lots of people call the NVC to obtain the case number. Shouldn't be sent to us by formal letter by mail? or by email? or they never going to send it to us??? Would you please explain to me little bit about this part.

Thanks a lot

Congratulations and good luck with your journey :)

I-130 (Parent)

- Submitted June 2021

- 1st NOA (June 2021)

I-130 (Brother 1)

- Submitted (September 2019)

- 1st NOA (September 2019)

I-130 (Brother 2)

- Submitted (Not yet)

- 1st NOA (Not yet)

Timeline

Hi,

I just want to make sure about the case number thing. We have to call the NVC or we shall wait them to send us letter or contact us by email??

I noticed that lots of people call the NVC to obtain the case number. Shouldn't be sent to us by formal letter by mail? or by email? or they never going to send it to us??? Would you please explain to me little bit about this part.

Thanks a lot

You have to call NVC for your case number so you can track if your petition is already sent to the consulate. Upon receiving your case number, you can check your status at ceac website.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hi,

Thanks a lot

They will send u a letter with the case number, but is faster if u call, so ur can track ur case till it gets to the embassy

K1 VISA

Dec.06 Sent 129-F

Dec.12 NOA1, case routed to CSC

Jan.31 NOA2, 50 Days after NOA1

Feb.11 Case left NVC

Feb.18 Consulate receive - Status READY!!

Apr.01 Interview! Approved!

AOS

Jun.06 Sent petition

Jun.12 NOA1

Jun.20 Appointment Notice

Jul.01 Biometrics

Aug.07 Card Production

Aug.15 Received Combo Card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

They will send u a letter with the case number, but is faster if u call, so ur can track ur case till it gets to the embassy

Thanks a lot Kiki, I will wait one week and then I will give them a call, still waiting for the hard copy of NOA2. Hope we will get it soon.

Good luck with your journey :)

I-130 (Parent)

- Submitted June 2021

- 1st NOA (June 2021)

I-130 (Brother 1)

- Submitted (September 2019)

- 1st NOA (September 2019)

I-130 (Brother 2)

- Submitted (Not yet)

- 1st NOA (Not yet)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Thanks a lot Kiki, I will wait one week and then I will give them a call, still waiting for the hard copy of NOA2. Hope we will get it soon.

Good luck with your journey :)

Good luck for u guys too ! ;)

K1 VISA

Dec.06 Sent 129-F

Dec.12 NOA1, case routed to CSC

Jan.31 NOA2, 50 Days after NOA1

Feb.11 Case left NVC

Feb.18 Consulate receive - Status READY!!

Apr.01 Interview! Approved!

AOS

Jun.06 Sent petition

Jun.12 NOA1

Jun.20 Appointment Notice

Jul.01 Biometrics

Aug.07 Card Production

Aug.15 Received Combo Card

Timeline

Goodluck everyone! Received noa2 last feb11,2014. Havent received any updates after. Patience is a virtue..

Congrats for passing medical!

Edited by Ulymd

Timeline

Goodluck everyone! Received noa2 last feb11,2014. Havent received any updates after. Patience is a virtue..

Congrats for passing medical!

Did you try calling NVC yet? If you're from tsc your uscis case status will change saying it's sent to NVC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.