1,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We sent our petition in early December, we received our NOA1 on December 19th,2013. We are waiting for our NOA2

ROC Packet sent: 08/17/17

NOA1: 08/21/17

Biometrics: 02/01/18

Green card received: 03/15/18

N-400 sent (online): 06/19/19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Starting to worry, I'm December filter, an still NOA1. Should I be worried?

No. Althought SOME people are getting their NOA2s quite quickly, the average processing times are still 5 months so you're approximately half way through the estimated waiting time. After 5 months you can contact USCIS to request an update.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Well ... that makes 10 of us recorded as having gotten the NOA1 on DEC 19th (75 days ago) at TSC. So far, only one of us has gotten the NOA2. So ... you aren't alone.

I compare us to Jennifer & Jose http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=178084 Jose is also from Portugal and they got their NOA1 on DEC 30th. They got their NOA2 in 9 DAYS and will probably have their interview even before we get our NOA2. Never seems to be a rhyme or reason for these sorts of things ... it IS government after all.

The "official" word from USCIS is that anyone obtaining their NOA2 in 9 days is "just impossible ... you can't believe everything you read on the Internet". lol

I had to stop obsessing on the EXCEPTIONS and stop believing in the VJ calculations for an estimated approval date. How can they say that we should have received the NOA2 at the end of JAN when only 10% have received it so far for the 19th?. As I look back at the history of NOA1(s) for TSC ... seems to me we had better expect something in the 3 to 4 month range.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Well ... that makes 10 of us recorded as having gotten the NOA1 on DEC 19th (75 days ago) at TSC. So far, only one of us has gotten the NOA2. So ... you aren't alone.

I compare us to Jennifer & Jose http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=178084 Jose is also from Portugal and they got their NOA1 on DEC 30th. They got their NOA2 in 9 DAYS and will probably have their interview even before we get our NOA2. Never seems to be a rhyme or reason for these sorts of things ... it IS government after all.

The "official" word from USCIS is that anyone obtaining their NOA2 in 9 days is "just impossible ... you can't believe everything you read on the Internet". lol

I had to stop obsessing on the EXCEPTIONS and stop believing in the VJ calculations for an estimated approval date. How can they say that we should have received the NOA2 at the end of JAN when only 10% have received it so far for the 19th?. As I look back at the history of NOA1(s) for TSC ... seems to me we had better expect something in the 3 to 4 month range.

It is the same for us, we applied 18th Dec 2013, but the send us request of evidence, and they received our reply to the request and now it is been like 6 days since they received what missing. Nothing. I wonder how long it will take CAL center to reply to request of evidence and grant us the NOA2....I am waiting impatiently :(

I-130 (Parent)

- Submitted June 2021

- 1st NOA (June 2021)

I-130 (Brother 1)

- Submitted (September 2019)

- 1st NOA (September 2019)

I-130 (Brother 2)

- Submitted (Not yet)

- 1st NOA (Not yet)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I know it's not easy to see so many getting their approval, it's not fare.

But it looks like Texas is going a lil bit faster now. I wish u all the best luck, this

Process is already too stressful..try to keep ur thoughts positive. Ur approval will

Come eventually..and after that things are going to move faster!

:)

K1 VISA

Dec.06 Sent 129-F

Dec.12 NOA1, case routed to CSC

Jan.31 NOA2, 50 Days after NOA1

Feb.11 Case left NVC

Feb.18 Consulate receive - Status READY!!

Apr.01 Interview! Approved!

AOS

Jun.06 Sent petition

Jun.12 NOA1

Jun.20 Appointment Notice

Jul.01 Biometrics

Aug.07 Card Production

Aug.15 Received Combo Card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

So, I had my medical in zurich, switzerland today. Maybe you are curious about the experience there.

I went in at 2pm and left the doctors office at 4pm. I gave them my vaccination records, my passport and the picture of me.

I had to fill out a form with about 30 questions about my health like:

Did you ever have surgery before?

Did you ever had any psychological problem?

Did you ever had any sexual infection?

Did you ever inject, eat or smoke any illegal substances / drugs

Have you ever been addicted to drugs?

Do you smoke? (how often)
Do you drink alcohol? (how often)

Then they did an xray of my lungs and checked, hearing and vision, mouth, hearth beat, lungs, breast, liver, blood pressure, weight and size. I also did one vaccination there, since it was not on my record. They also took blood. The doctor went through the questions with me and asked for some details.

At the end I had to pay the fee in cash (ca 590 $) and got the sealed envelope for the embassy.

I guess thats about it.

please be aware that the things you need to bring vary a lot depending on the country. I didn't even had to bring the case #

Edited by Ben + Michelle

Our K1-Timeline

I-129F Sent : 2013-12-16
NOA1 : 2013-12-23
NOA2 : 2014-01-24
Consulate Received : 2014-02-19
Packet 3 Received : 2014-02-24
Packet 3 Sent : 2014-02-27
Packet 4 Received : 2014-03-10
Interview Date : 2014-03-18 >>> APPROVED!

Marriage: 2014-06-13

wub.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Oh, I forgot: I asked for a copy, but they were not allowed to give me one.

Our K1-Timeline

I-129F Sent : 2013-12-16
NOA1 : 2013-12-23
NOA2 : 2014-01-24
Consulate Received : 2014-02-19
Packet 3 Received : 2014-02-24
Packet 3 Sent : 2014-02-27
Packet 4 Received : 2014-03-10
Interview Date : 2014-03-18 >>> APPROVED!

Marriage: 2014-06-13

wub.png

Timeline

For the interview we need the original w2 or can be a copy?

K1 VISA

Dec.06 Sent 129-F

Feb.11 Case left NVC

AOS

Jun.06 Sent petition

Jun.12 NOA1

Jul.01 Biometrics

Aug.07 Card Production

Timeline

It can be a copy, only the I 134 needs to be original

Thanks! ;)

K1 VISA

Dec.06 Sent 129-F

Feb.11 Case left NVC

AOS

Jun.06 Sent petition

Jun.12 NOA1

Jul.01 Biometrics

Aug.07 Card Production

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

After waiting for slots to open up, I finally got a March 26th appointment. Praise God! This is better than expected. I was shaking the whole time I was rescheduling, afraid that people will be able to grab it before me.Now time to finish compiling the papers and do the medical. Only if this cough would go away. I swear my throat itches everytime I plan to get my medical done. Hang in there, December Filers. May I see many more approvals soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You can make it 11...I received NOA1 on 12/19 and am still waiting for NOA2.

Also my friend said I should have filed at VSC - I just sent it to the Dallas Lockbox facility because thats where the USCIS homepage said to send i-129F Petitions...was that wrong?? Should I ask to have it transferred to VSC? I'm in NY so Vermont is significantly closer than Texas.

10/22/12 - Met online

04/19/13 - First trip to Morocco

11/22/13 - Second trip to Morocco

12/13/13 - Mailed I-129F Petition to Dallas Lockbox

12/19/13 - Received electronic notification for NOA1

12/30/13 - Received paper copy of NOA1

01/06/14 - Alien Registration Number was changed

02/13/14 - Third trip to Morocco

04/09/14 - Mailed Certified letter to Senator 1 requesting update on case

05/19/14 - Still no response from Senator 1's office

05/19/14 - Faxed request for intervention to Senator 2

05/21/14 - Spoke with my case officer, asked me for additional info to be faxed to her.

05/22/14 - Petition approved (as per tier 2 officer on phone and mailed)

05/28/14 - Approval sent to DOS for processing (still no paper copy of NOA2)

06/05/14 - NVC received approval from USCIS

06/10/14 - NVC registers petition; received case number

06/24/14 - In transit to Morocco

06/25/14 - Case is ready for interview

07/01/14 - Called consulate, they called my fiancé and scheduled the interview and emailed packet 3

07/15/14 - First interview

07/24/14 - Fourth trip to Morocco

08/05/14 - Fiancé relocated to Australia

Pending case transfer from Casablanca to Sydney

02/12/15 - Fifth trip together -- meeting in SE Asia

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

You can make it 11...I received NOA1 on 12/19 and am still waiting for NOA2.

Also my friend said I should have filed at VSC - I just sent it to the Dallas Lockbox facility because thats where the USCIS homepage said to send i-129F Petitions...was that wrong?? Should I ask to have it transferred to VSC? I'm in NY so Vermont is significantly closer than Texas.

I'm not sure you have a say in the matter really. I think the work is distributed by load, not by your vicinity to the processing facility, but I'm not 100% sure.

That being said, I don't think you actually want VSC anyway. Their stats are a month or two slower than TSC and CSC. Just have a browse through this http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=0&op1=5&op2=d&op3=1&op4=1&op5=5,6,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,108,110,111,208,210,211&op6=Vermont%20Service%20Center&op66=All&op7=All&dfile=No&adv=

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.