1,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Ya they said have to give them till august 25th before they can check into it....

Hey you guys, last week i read a post on the January filers thread that they have been contacting through e-mail these people from USCIS about the unfairness so maybe that's why they are approving them. So please e-mail these people so you may receive you NOA2. I sent them an e-mail but they didn't reply but others have gotten a reply and he took a look at their case.

Associate director for service center operations: donald.W.neufeld@uscis.dhs.gov

Chief of operatons/staff : susan.k.arroyo@uscis.dhs.gov

All of you waiting for approvals do e-mail them about how December filers are still waitin while recent one's are getting approved and also add your receipt number. Best of lucks!! :luv:

Hey you guys, last week i read a post on the January filers thread that they have been contacting through e-mail these people from USCIS about the unfairness so maybe that's why they are approving them. So please e-mail these people so you may receive you NOA2. I sent them an e-mail but they didn't reply but others have gotten a reply and he took a look at their case.

Associate director for service center operations: donald.W.neufeld@uscis.dhs.gov

Chief of operatons/staff : susan.k.arroyo@uscis.dhs.gov

All of you waiting for approvals do e-mail them about how December filers are still waitin while recent one's are getting approved and also add your receipt number. Best of lucks!! :luv:

Congrats on Approval!!! Katiuska, could you please maybe refer us to the link or maybe send me a letter you sent to this USCIS guy by any chance. I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Filed: Timeline

Congrats on Approval!!! Katiuska, could you please maybe refer us to the link or maybe send me a letter you sent to this USCIS guy by any chance. I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Thank you! I just wrote:

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am truly sorry for the bother but I am writing you concerning my K-1 Visa petition that i filed with helped of a lawyer on December 19th of 2013 which i received my NOA1 on the 31st of the same month. I have been checking IGOR'S LIST (Online Visa community of k-1 visas and even spouse Visas), and as you can see there has been a lot of January Filers geting approved and even recent filers like May and June. I find this very painful and unfair that i see all these approvals that have filed after me. I and many others December filers have been waiting almost 7 months to get our case approved and when my congressman, senator and even Lawyer contacted USCIS they told them that my case would be approved this week and that they were working on December 17th filers but as you can see that's not true. My fiancee, ##### ###### , is from Venezuela and as you may have heard over the news, the current situation in her country is extremely dangerous and they are presenting economic crisis. I'm scared that something may happen to her. I really don't know whom to contact now, this is why i am desperately in need of your help.

My K-1 Receipt #: ###########

Sincerely, so and so...

You should definetly write on behalf of December filers like i did and also write about yourself.. How you are waiting while others are getting their approvals is absurd etc...putyour receipt number so on Monday they can check on your case..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

So I finally spoke to a tier 2 rep yesterday and was told my case is still pending, in other words they haven't even looked at it and that they are currently working on mid December petitions. I'm so sick of this wait.

K1 Visa timeline: 12/27/2013 Filed paperwork

12/29/2013 - received at Dallas lockbox

1/2/2014 - Got NOA1 email with case number

1/7/2014 - Received hard copy of NOA1

1/9/2014 - Alien registration number changed

8/1/2014 - NOA2 email

8/11/14 - Petition shipped to NVC

8/22/14 - NVC sent petition to Dublin.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Have you contacted your congressman??

No thats my next plan, its such a fustrating process. I have seen quite a few late jan petitions approved yet we are at the very start of jan and we are sitting pending. I know we arnt the only ones but im just upset about it.

K1 Visa timeline: 12/27/2013 Filed paperwork

12/29/2013 - received at Dallas lockbox

1/2/2014 - Got NOA1 email with case number

1/7/2014 - Received hard copy of NOA1

1/9/2014 - Alien registration number changed

8/1/2014 - NOA2 email

8/11/14 - Petition shipped to NVC

8/22/14 - NVC sent petition to Dublin.

December filers, anybody waiting on finding out their interview date like me? I think Jon York is in the same boat!

CEAC says "READY" but it has been less than a week - i called today and wasted $7 to find out they have no interview scheduled yet.

event.png

event.png
event.png
event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Ya they said have to give them till august 25th before they can check into it....

August 25th!! That's insane! Have you asked your congressman to contact them? If not you should do so TODAY!!

event.png

event.png

event.png

I Am The Petitioner

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? WE WISH!

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-129F Sent : 12/07/2013

I-129F NOA1 : 12/16/2013

Alien Registration Number Changed: 12/24/2013

Wait... wait... wait... wait...

Asked Congressman to send service request to USCIS: 7/1/2014

USCIS received Congressman's inquiry: 7/3/2014

Notification via USCIS Website of NOA2 - Approved: 7/5/2014

NOA2: 6/25/2014 - We found out later it had been approved (but not posted) before congressional inquiry received.

Shipped to Embassy: 7/17/2014

Received by Embassy: 7/21/2014 - Status: READY

Packet 3.5: 7/24/2014

Packet 3.5 Sent: 8/7/2014 (We had delays because of civil unrest in Pakistan)

Embassy Receive: 8/21/2014 (Again delays due to civil unrest)

Receive Appointment Letter/Interview Date: 8/27/2014 (interview date in just 9 days)!

Medical Exam: 8/29/2014 (Yikes! The whole thing has now been postponed for 2 months for TB testing)

Interview Date: Originally 9/5/2014 - Now Postponed for at least two months

TB Test Results: 10/15/2014 - came back 18 days early! And she's negative!

Interview Rescheduled 10/17/2014: (embassy moving at lightning speed)!

New Interview Date: 10/29/2014 APPROVED!!!

CEAC Updates to AP: 11/13/2014

CEAC Updates to ISSUED!! 11/14/2014

Visa In-Hand: 11/24/2014

Arrival in USA: 11/27/2014 -- 11 MONTHS, 1 WEEK, 4 DAYS AFTER NOA1

MARRIED: 11/30/2014 !!!

[/center]

THE END!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

December filers, anybody waiting on finding out their interview date like me? I think Jon York is in the same boat!

CEAC says "READY" but it has been less than a week - i called today and wasted $7 to find out they have no interview scheduled yet.

We can't get an interview date until after we send them the information they requested. Basically the affidavit of support and things like her birth certificate and passport photos. (I guess that saves me $7 on a phone call)!

We got the notice last Wednesday to begin putting everything together and send it to them. I had to send her some stuff from here. I got it all out on Friday via FedEx. FedEx said it would be delivered by Monday! (And only $70 bucks - geesh)!

The package did indeed arrive there today - but STUPID COUNTRY is having a holiday that goes on ALL WEEK! The Embassy is closed until next Monday. The office that sends packages to the embassy is closed until Friday, and the FedEx guy called her today but he couldn't give her a straight answer on whether or not it would be delivered this week! He said yeah, then he said, "well, I don't know", then he said, "maybe". So from what I've learned about this awful country, that basically means 'not a chance'.

If we get lucky, she'll get it this week and send it off to the embassy on Friday and they should have it next week!! THEN, we can get an interview appointment. And then, we'll once again be at their mercy waiting on them. And I'll be miserable again!

Edited by Jon York

event.png

event.png

event.png

I Am The Petitioner

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? WE WISH!

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-129F Sent : 12/07/2013

I-129F NOA1 : 12/16/2013

Alien Registration Number Changed: 12/24/2013

Wait... wait... wait... wait...

Asked Congressman to send service request to USCIS: 7/1/2014

USCIS received Congressman's inquiry: 7/3/2014

Notification via USCIS Website of NOA2 - Approved: 7/5/2014

NOA2: 6/25/2014 - We found out later it had been approved (but not posted) before congressional inquiry received.

Shipped to Embassy: 7/17/2014

Received by Embassy: 7/21/2014 - Status: READY

Packet 3.5: 7/24/2014

Packet 3.5 Sent: 8/7/2014 (We had delays because of civil unrest in Pakistan)

Embassy Receive: 8/21/2014 (Again delays due to civil unrest)

Receive Appointment Letter/Interview Date: 8/27/2014 (interview date in just 9 days)!

Medical Exam: 8/29/2014 (Yikes! The whole thing has now been postponed for 2 months for TB testing)

Interview Date: Originally 9/5/2014 - Now Postponed for at least two months

TB Test Results: 10/15/2014 - came back 18 days early! And she's negative!

Interview Rescheduled 10/17/2014: (embassy moving at lightning speed)!

New Interview Date: 10/29/2014 APPROVED!!!

CEAC Updates to AP: 11/13/2014

CEAC Updates to ISSUED!! 11/14/2014

Visa In-Hand: 11/24/2014

Arrival in USA: 11/27/2014 -- 11 MONTHS, 1 WEEK, 4 DAYS AFTER NOA1

MARRIED: 11/30/2014 !!!

[/center]

THE END!

We're still waiting for the Packet 3 from the consulate. We aren't supposed to fill out the DS160 online until the Packet 3 is received. I emailed the consulate and was told it takes approx 8 wks to get everything into their system due to the overwhelming number of visa petitions they receive monthly. 8 weeks???

We're still waiting for the Packet 3 from the consulate. We aren't supposed to fill out the DS160 online until the Packet 3 is received. I emailed the consulate and was told it takes approx 8 wks to get everything into their system due to the overwhelming number of visa petitions they receive monthly. 8 weeks???

Is the D 160 the affidavit of support?

I did all that and signed everything in initial packet. Birth certificates and all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.