1,942 posts in this topic

This is UNFAIRRR!!!!!!!!! 4 january filers and 1 may filer got approved???

Was the may a tsc?

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-09-09

(Sent to NVC: 2014-09-15)

NVC Received : 2014-09-22

NVC Left :2014-09-26

Medical : 2014-09-29

Consulate Received : 2014-09-29

Packet 3 Received : 2014-10-06

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2014-10-23

Interview Date : 2014-11-07

Interview Result : APPROVED!!

AP : 2014-11-12 (2 hours)

Issued: 2014- 11- 12

Our case left the NVC today! on its way to the DR!

Awesome! ! So happy for you!! Yesterday I sent my two intent to marry statements to tsc. And when I get to work today I'll email the copies to the district rep at my congressman's office. She wants to contact them to make sure they are moving along. I sent a picture of our wedding rings as well. Also pictures of us and his family, and my airlines receipts for the two trips I went to see him this year. Just so they can see that this is a real relationship, not bought.

Hi Everyone,

I called NVC this morning and luckily was able to get the case number. I have few questions regarding the NVC and next process.

I checked my status at CEAC website and it shows

"AT NVC - Please follow the instructions you received from the National Visa Center (NVC) for the next step in the processing of your visa petition. If you have misplaced the instructions sent to you by the NVC or did not receive them, please contact us at http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3177.html for additional information."

I haven't received any paperwork? Any idea of what that could be? The lady who I spoke to over the phone from NVC she mentioned to me that they have received my application just two days ago.

Any more information on next steps would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I called NVC this morning and luckily was able to get the case number. I have few questions regarding the NVC and next process.

"AT NVC - Please follow the instructions you received from the National Visa Center (NVC) for the next step in the processing of your visa petition. If you have misplaced the instructions sent to you by the NVC or did not receive them, please contact us at http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3177.html for additional information."

I haven't received any paperwork? Any idea of what that could be? The lady who I spoke to over the phone from NVC she mentioned to me that they have received my application just two days ago.

I also have not received any paperwork from NVC... and they received and assigned my case # on 7/10. The next step would be to keep checking CEAC... it took about 6 days for mine to go from saying "At NVC" to saying "In Transit".

When you see that its in transit don't bother calling NVC, i made that mistake last night because the text at the bottom indicated that they had already assigned my interview date. For a K-1 visa, that is not the case. Just keep checking though to see that its on its way to the foreign embassy.

event.png

event.png
event.png
event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I also have not received any paperwork from NVC... and they received and assigned my case # on 7/10. The next step would be to keep checking CEAC... it took about 6 days for mine to go from saying "At NVC" to saying "In Transit".

When you see that its in transit don't bother calling NVC, i made that mistake last night because the text at the bottom indicated that they had already assigned my interview date. For a K-1 visa, that is not the case. Just keep checking though to see that its on its way to the foreign embassy.

Hi Everyone,

You will only get a piece of paper after it has been sent to the consulate. There is no paperwork to complete if you are filing a K-1. This is a generic message because they deal with other cases as well that do require additional instructions from NVC. NVC will process your petition and send it to the consulate. Then you will receive a letter saying to have your fiance fill out the DS-160 and wait for communication from your consulate (packet 3 and 4 where applicable. )

10/22/12 - Met online

04/19/13 - First trip to Morocco

11/22/13 - Second trip to Morocco

12/13/13 - Mailed I-129F Petition to Dallas Lockbox

12/19/13 - Received electronic notification for NOA1

12/30/13 - Received paper copy of NOA1

01/06/14 - Alien Registration Number was changed

02/13/14 - Third trip to Morocco

04/09/14 - Mailed Certified letter to Senator 1 requesting update on case

05/19/14 - Still no response from Senator 1's office

05/19/14 - Faxed request for intervention to Senator 2

05/21/14 - Spoke with my case officer, asked me for additional info to be faxed to her.

05/22/14 - Petition approved (as per tier 2 officer on phone and mailed)

05/28/14 - Approval sent to DOS for processing (still no paper copy of NOA2)

06/05/14 - NVC received approval from USCIS

06/10/14 - NVC registers petition; received case number

06/24/14 - In transit to Morocco

06/25/14 - Case is ready for interview

07/01/14 - Called consulate, they called my fiancé and scheduled the interview and emailed packet 3

07/15/14 - First interview

07/24/14 - Fourth trip to Morocco

08/05/14 - Fiancé relocated to Australia

Pending case transfer from Casablanca to Sydney

02/12/15 - Fifth trip together -- meeting in SE Asia

event.png

event.png

You will only get a piece of paper after it has been sent to the consulate. There is no paperwork to complete if you are filing a K-1. This is a generic message because they deal with other cases as well that do require additional instructions from NVC. NVC will process your petition and send it to the consulate. Then you will receive a letter saying to have your fiance fill out the DS-160 and wait for communication from your consulate (packet 3 and 4 where applicable. )

Thank you for your response.

I am waiting on NVC to send my application to the consulate. I have a questions regarding DS-160. I know my application is still sitting at NVC do you think it would be better if I just go ahead and submit my application online for DS-160. I already have my case number from NVC so why not just go ahead and submit the application?

Thank you once again and I look forward to your feedback.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am waiting on NVC to send my application to the consulate. I have a questions regarding DS-160. I know my application is still sitting at NVC do you think it would be better if I just go ahead and submit my application online for DS-160. I already have my case number from NVC so why not just go ahead and submit the application?

Personally, I would wait until the consulate receives it that way they are waiting for your DS-160. This is just my opinion. When we filled out the DS-160 I don't believe it asked for a case number, but I'm not 100% sure. I don't really remember. I think you fill out the DS-160 and indicate it's for a K1 and they match it up with their files - for this reason, I think it is best for your case on the CEAC website to be updated to "received by consulate."

You should also go to the consulate's website; at least the one in Casablanca had instructions on what to do and what to expect after the petition approval.

10/22/12 - Met online

04/19/13 - First trip to Morocco

11/22/13 - Second trip to Morocco

12/13/13 - Mailed I-129F Petition to Dallas Lockbox

12/19/13 - Received electronic notification for NOA1

12/30/13 - Received paper copy of NOA1

01/06/14 - Alien Registration Number was changed

02/13/14 - Third trip to Morocco

04/09/14 - Mailed Certified letter to Senator 1 requesting update on case

05/19/14 - Still no response from Senator 1's office

05/19/14 - Faxed request for intervention to Senator 2

05/21/14 - Spoke with my case officer, asked me for additional info to be faxed to her.

05/22/14 - Petition approved (as per tier 2 officer on phone and mailed)

05/28/14 - Approval sent to DOS for processing (still no paper copy of NOA2)

06/05/14 - NVC received approval from USCIS

06/10/14 - NVC registers petition; received case number

06/24/14 - In transit to Morocco

06/25/14 - Case is ready for interview

07/01/14 - Called consulate, they called my fiancé and scheduled the interview and emailed packet 3

07/15/14 - First interview

07/24/14 - Fourth trip to Morocco

08/05/14 - Fiancé relocated to Australia

Pending case transfer from Casablanca to Sydney

02/12/15 - Fifth trip together -- meeting in SE Asia

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I would wait till the embassy has your petition. The DS-160 does ask for case number.

K-1 Visa -  Date of arrival to US  Aug 30, 2014

Married September 26, 2014

AOS: SEPT 24th, 2015 GREEN CARD RECEIVED !! 

ROC:  Oct 10, 2018    Approval of ROC via online USCIS site.  

Naturalization: March 26th, 2021 Approved!!

As of 2022, we are working towards moving back to Australia likely in 2025. 

Hi Everyone,

The letter won't come until after it gets to the local embassy. But once you have your case number, I think you can start working on the next step depending on the country.

For the UK, its just a link to complete the next steps online. Not sure how it is with other embassies.

I guess others have answered your question already.

Edited by woohoo25

Removal of Conditions 

4/10/17 - i751 sent

4/13/17 - i751 received

5/3/17 - Check Cashed

5/5/17 - NOA 1 (dated 4/13)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.