1,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Lol I understand hahaha!! That made me lauGh! So at a group on Facebook I read that someone just got approved at TSC after 3 weeks!!! That made me mad!

Lol I understand hahaha!! That made me lauGh! So at a group on Facebook I read that someone just got approved at TSC after 3 weeks!!! That made me mad!

Wow I'm speechless. I'd be extremely pissed of.I also sent a letter to TSC about a month ago and got a reply today. Almost same thing to my inquiry. Our lawyer said that she sent out something to Memphis office and that next week we should hear a reply from them. I don't know what's in Memphis. Sorry to hear that JonYork!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Aw sorry to heart that Miamorjuan..-t is sad that after this long they r asking u that...-ts also sad that the majority are getting RFE'd too. I hope you the best! Hope they approve u pretty soon!!

. Hi, who else got an RFE?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

15 minutes ago I was talking to my fiance on Skype. And I said, let's check our visa status. We do this once every night. And as always, I knew it hadn't changed because I hadn't gotten a text or email. So I logged into USCIS site - and sure enough, as always, nothing had changed. It still said 12/24/2013.

Then literally 2 minutes later as a joke, I said to my fiance, "let's check our visa status again." She laughed! Like we were being obsessive compulsive about it. And of course we knew it wasn't going to change in two minutes. After all we've looked at it almost every day for nearly 7 months and every day it's the same. Day in and day out. We've seen that last update date of 12/24/2013 for so many days in a row it just seemed like it was set in stone and would never and could never change.

Anyway, to follow through on my joke, I actually did log back in and I couldn't believe my eyes when suddenly in the date column it said 07/03/2014!! I closed my eyes and thought, "what!? Not possible, look again." I looked again and it definitely said 07/03/2014!!!! I couldn't believe it! In two minutes it changed!

The cool thing was, her whole family was in the house with her and she called to them and they all came out and we celebrated together. And then we prayed and thanked God.

So, CONGRESSIONAL INQUIRIES REALLY DO HELP!!! File one now if you haven't already. If you look at my previous post - you'll see my congressman's office sent an inquiry to the Texas Service Center today - and it got approved today! Which means, they actually pulled our petition and worked on it as a direct result of getting the congressman's inquiry. Which means when the former USCIS adjudicator posted on VJ that congressional inquiries are pulled and looked at within two days - that's really true.

Here's the notice:

Post Decision Activity

On July 3, 2014, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

I just want to thank DRbound - who was my visa mentor in this case and the one who encouraged me to do the congressional inquiry. I just wish I had done it when he first suggested it!

And I want to encourage Zach<3Katiuska - it's coming sooner than you think! It will come.

event.png

event.png

event.png

I Am The Petitioner

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? WE WISH!

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-129F Sent : 12/07/2013

I-129F NOA1 : 12/16/2013

Alien Registration Number Changed: 12/24/2013

Wait... wait... wait... wait...

Asked Congressman to send service request to USCIS: 7/1/2014

USCIS received Congressman's inquiry: 7/3/2014

Notification via USCIS Website of NOA2 - Approved: 7/5/2014

NOA2: 6/25/2014 - We found out later it had been approved (but not posted) before congressional inquiry received.

Shipped to Embassy: 7/17/2014

Received by Embassy: 7/21/2014 - Status: READY

Packet 3.5: 7/24/2014

Packet 3.5 Sent: 8/7/2014 (We had delays because of civil unrest in Pakistan)

Embassy Receive: 8/21/2014 (Again delays due to civil unrest)

Receive Appointment Letter/Interview Date: 8/27/2014 (interview date in just 9 days)!

Medical Exam: 8/29/2014 (Yikes! The whole thing has now been postponed for 2 months for TB testing)

Interview Date: Originally 9/5/2014 - Now Postponed for at least two months

TB Test Results: 10/15/2014 - came back 18 days early! And she's negative!

Interview Rescheduled 10/17/2014: (embassy moving at lightning speed)!

New Interview Date: 10/29/2014 APPROVED!!!

CEAC Updates to AP: 11/13/2014

CEAC Updates to ISSUED!! 11/14/2014

Visa In-Hand: 11/24/2014

Arrival in USA: 11/27/2014 -- 11 MONTHS, 1 WEEK, 4 DAYS AFTER NOA1

MARRIED: 11/30/2014 !!!

[/center]

THE END!

Timeline

By the way, for whoever this might help - I was fully expecting to get an RFE. We had at least two reasons I thought they may have sent one for.

The main reason was on the Intent to Marry letter - I sent in a copy of my fiance's which meant it didn't have her original signature, just a copy of it. I even had her mail me the original a few weeks ago just in case they asked for it. I was pretty certain they would - but they didn't. The copy I had though - it was really hard to tell if her signature was original or not. So I guess they just couldn't tell.

And the other reason I thought might cause an RFE is I included a copy of a handwritten note she wrote to me on my birthday when we were together in Dubai last year. At the bottom of it instead of signing it "Your Future Wife..." She signed it, "Your Wife"! I was almost certain they would see that and decide we were already married. But maybe they just missed it, or they didn't consider it significant.

event.png

event.png

event.png

I Am The Petitioner

Transferred? WE WISH!

NOA2: 6/25/2014 - We found out later it had been approved (but not posted) before congressional inquiry received.

Receive Appointment Letter/Interview Date: 8/27/2014 (interview date in just 9 days)!

Medical Exam: 8/29/2014 (Yikes! The whole thing has now been postponed for 2 months for TB testing)

[/center]

THE END!

By the way, for whoever this might help - I was fully expecting to get an RFE. We had at least two reasons I thought they may have sent one for.

The main reason was on the Intent to Marry letter - I sent in a copy of my fiance's which meant it didn't have her original signature, just a copy of it. I even had her mail me the original a few weeks ago just in case they asked for it. I was pretty certain they would - but they didn't. The copy I had though - it was really hard to tell if her signature was original or not. So I guess they just couldn't tell.

And the other reason I thought might cause an RFE is I included a copy of a handwritten note she wrote to me on my birthday when we were together in Dubai last year. At the bottom of it instead of signing it "Your Future Wife..." She signed it, "Your Wife"! I was almost certain they would see that and decide we were already married. But maybe they just missed it, or they didn't consider it significant.

Hahaha CONGRATSSSS!!!!! I swear i literally swear i had this feeling that you were going to get approved.....last night i was like i bet Yon york is going to get approved before me lol...and this mornin got up and read your messages....Congratsssss!!!

. Hi, who else got an RFE

Hey, well besides Tanak,, Omega 2128,,Jewelc (Denial), Hamza and Amna, Corvus heart, Salwa, Cameron & Diana,Niya who got approved on June 30th and now MiamorJuan, and so much more people creating threads about when to expect their approvals after sending back their RFE's etc...

Edited by Zach<3Katiuska

15 minutes ago I was talking to my fiance on Skype. And I said, let's check our visa status. We do this once every night. And as always, I knew it hadn't changed because I hadn't gotten a text or email. So I logged into USCIS site - and sure enough, as always, nothing had changed. It still said 12/24/2013.

Then literally 2 minutes later as a joke, I said to my fiance, "let's check our visa status again." She laughed! Like we were being obsessive compulsive about it. And of course we knew it wasn't going to change in two minutes. After all we've looked at it almost every day for nearly 7 months and every day it's the same. Day in and day out. We've seen that last update date of 12/24/2013 for so many days in a row it just seemed like it was set in stone and would never and could never change.

Anyway, to follow through on my joke, I actually did log back in and I couldn't believe my eyes when suddenly in the date column it said 07/03/2014!! I closed my eyes and thought, "what!? Not possible, look again." I looked again and it definitely said 07/03/2014!!!! I couldn't believe it! In two minutes it changed!

The cool thing was, her whole family was in the house with her and she called to them and they all came out and we celebrated together. And then we prayed and thanked God.

So, CONGRESSIONAL INQUIRIES REALLY DO HELP!!! File one now if you haven't already. If you look at my previous post - you'll see my congressman's office sent an inquiry to the Texas Service Center today - and it got approved today! Which means, they actually pulled our petition and worked on it as a direct result of getting the congressman's inquiry. Which means when the former USCIS adjudicator posted on VJ that congressional inquiries are pulled and looked at within two days - that's really true.

Here's the notice: Post Decision Activity

On July 3, 2014, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

I just want to thank DRbound - who was my visa mentor in this case and the one who encouraged me to do the congressional inquiry. I just wish I had done it when he first suggested it!

And I want to encourage Zach<3Katiuska - it's coming sooner than you think! It will come.

Jonyork congrats!! I do believe the, reason I got a response for an RFE was because of the congressional inquiry. So I'm a little bit closer. As soon as it arrives I'll know what it is and send it right away. That topic you posted, says that they put them on hold and as soon as they receive the RFE info they request they work on it right away. So I'm actually happy they are working on it. I do believe it was the congressional inquiry. Now they have to get done.

Timeline

Hahaha CONGRATSSSS!!!!! I swear i literally swear i had this feeling that you were going to get approved.....last night i was like i bet Yon york is going to get approved before me lol...and this mornin got up and read your messages....Congratsssss!!!

Thanks! And it's funny because all this time I thought you guys were going to get approved before us. Which was going to piss me off since you filed later than me! So, did you guys get your congressman involved yet?

Edited by Jon York

event.png

event.png

event.png

I Am The Petitioner

Transferred? WE WISH!

[/center]

THE END!

Congrats, Jon York!

I, too, believe that the congressional inquiry put in by the lady who works for my district congressman did help our petition. The eService Request, meh, not so much.

As soon as I receive that letter and know exactly what they need I'll be sending it over asap. Especially now since they know my case is an congressional inquiry

Edited by Miamorjuan1210

Timeline

Congrats, Jon York!

I, too, believe that the congressional inquiry put in by the lady who works for my district congressman did help our petition. The eService Request, meh, not so much.

lol yes we did on june 26. guess everything is close for today but ill make sure he calls in on monday.and yeah i would understand that you would get mad i would too thank god they are working on dec. filers.

Yes i did jonyork, on June 24th, 2014

Good good! Then I think all of you will be getting something very soon! CIs really work! I'm telling you - I KNOW that without our CI - we would be waiting another three months for this.

event.png

event.png

event.png

I Am The Petitioner

Transferred? WE WISH!

[/center]

THE END!

Good good! Then I think all of you will be getting something very soon! CIs really work! I'm telling you - I KNOW that without our CI - we would be waiting another three months for this.

That info you supplied was great. At least I know know that even though they are asking for RFE, that when they receive the info from me it will be worked on immediately because of my congressional inquiry. i will probably receive that letter by monday.

zach<3Katiuska i believe your next!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.