1,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I have lost faith. Literally! This whole process is absurd! People getting approved before us. It's insane. Congrats to others but I like to get away from Visajourney and from USCIS website. When I get approval I'll let ya'll know but now all I want is forget this ever started. Hope ya'll get your approvals soon! Goodnight!<3 :(

I have lost faith. Literally! This whole process is absurd! People getting approved before us. It's insane. Congrats to others but I like to get away from Visajourney and from USCIS website. When I get approval I'll let ya'll know but now all I want is forget this ever started. Hope ya'll get your approvals soon! Goodnight!<3 :(

I know I'm right up there with you. It's frustrating, but we are almost there.

6 months yesterday for me. We Will get there, all I have left is hope. I pray soon. I too have stopped looking so much.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

6 months today and still nothing

K1 Visa timeline: 12/27/2013 Filed paperwork

12/29/2013 - received at Dallas lockbox

1/2/2014 - Got NOA1 email with case number

1/7/2014 - Received hard copy of NOA1

1/9/2014 - Alien registration number changed

8/1/2014 - NOA2 email

8/11/14 - Petition shipped to NVC

8/22/14 - NVC sent petition to Dublin.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everybody,

Last day i had my interview and The interviewer said that my case has been suspended under section (221g).

I'm really disappointed.

Hi Salwa, I'm really sorry to hear that. Was it a refusal or a suspension? Are they still reviewing your case?

My fiance had his interview on Monday and was put in AP, and asked to bring some additional info which he brought in today. I hate all these extra delays

**************AOS timeline*************************

(L) Married 05/23/2015 (L)

06/25/2015: Filed AOS ( I-131/I-485/I765)

06/29/2015: USCIS Received

07/07/2015: Check Cashed

07/08/2015: NOA1 emails/texts( I-131/I-485/I765)

07/13/2015: NOA1 Hard copies ( I-131/I-485/I765)

07/17/2015: Biometrics notice received

07/29/2015: Biometrics Appointment

09/04/2015: EAD/AP approved/ordered

09/09/2015: EAD/AP Combo Card Mailed

09/12/2015: Combo Card received

10/07/2015: Received NPIW letter

12/03/2015: Green Card Approved! (Card being Produced) :dancing:

12/10/2015: Green Card received in the mail!!!

**************ROC timeline*************************

09/16/2017: Filed Removal of Conditions I-751

09/20/2017: Check cashed

09/22/2017: NOA1 in mail (dated 9/19/17)

10/07/2017: Biometric notice received

10/16/2017: Biometrics Appointment

Today my fiance called USCIS and the lady said she will request an expedite on our case, this time he did get a receipt number for it. The reason for the expedite: Current Situation in Venezuela as you guys might of have heard over the news. Does this fall on the humanitarian situation? Why didn't we file for it before?

1) The lawyer suggested us and persuaded my fiance that this might affect our case because it will be taken out of normal processing times and causing it to have a delay.

2) The lawyer asked him for 500$ in addition for her to file for an expedite which I personally thought it was ridiculous.

3) Besides messing with his head with the whole "Delay" on our case, she said that, that particular reason about the country's situation doesn't fall in any category meaning is not a "good reason or excuse".

The lady said that in 5 days we should hear something to see if the expedite was approved or denied.I personally believe that "if" they do approve our expedite, we shouldn't have to gather evidence for it since it's all over the news!

What do you guys think? Do you guys believe that it does fall under "Humanitarian Situation" category?

-The situation here: Economic crisis, can't find hygiene products, can't go grocery shopping due to Markets are either empty (no stock) and/or because everything is expensive. I quit my job due to the repression against the Students and anyone who was protesting or out on the streets. I literally had to wake up at 3am, to get to Work. You can just imagine the insecurities this country is going through so for a girl to be out on the street, in plain darkness. The scary thought or feeling that someone may rape you,kidnapp you or kill you. When I would arrive to work,everyone were attacking each other out on the streets, Military and police attacking us. Everything is a complete chaos here.

Please share your opinion. Thank you.

Thanks for your response Ashleyphilly. I hope they see it that way. "If" they do end up denying our expedite than i will make sure that my fiance calls the same lady to place another expedite but not for the same reason. I read that a another filer filed for an expedite as "Humanitarian situation" and his or her reason was that their city is #1 dangerous in their country. they got DENIED. So having doubts.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Thanks for your response Ashleyphilly. I hope they see it that way. "If" they do end up denying our expedite than i will make sure that my fiance calls the same lady to place another expedite but not for the same reason. I read that a another filer filed for an expedite as "Humanitarian situation" and his or her reason was that their city is #1 dangerous in their country. they got DENIED. So having doubts.

Don't take this the wrong way-I totally think your situation justifies an expedite. I just think it's silly that you're 6 months & have to file for one...you're already passed their processing times. You should have your noa2, not filing an expedite for something that already happened. Then again, tsc just pisses me off. When I hit 5 months I'm calling them every day...they'll hate me.

Good luck by the way. I've been rooting for you to get your noa2 for weeks now (lurking on the dec/jan threads hoping things speed up)

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

For your particular case, I hope someone is getting in their @$$ about getting your case handle with the utmost urgency! They ought to be ashamed of themselves! And then are trying to act like they didn't by pass your petition! Good luck with the rest of your journey . . .

Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2014-06-07
I-129F NOA1 : 2014-06-11
I-129F NOA2 : 2014-11-21

NVC Received : 2014-12-09

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned: 2014-12-10

NVC Left: 2014-12-11

Consulate Received: 2014-12-17

Packet 3 Received: 2014-12-29

Interview Date: 2015-01-12

Refusal due to failed drug test, required one year of drug tests

Final Drug Test: 2016-01-21; PASSED

A few days later the embassy called:

PETITION EXPIRED - RETURNED TO USCIS

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Morocco

Married : May 7, 2016

I-130 Sent : 2016-05-20

I-130 NOA1 : 2016-05-23

Transferred : 2016-10-12

I-130 NOA2 : 2016-11-08

NVC Received : 2016-12-01

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2016-12-03

Pay AOS Bill : 2016-12-03

Send AOS Package : 2016-12-08

Submit Ds-261 : 2016-12-03

Receive IV Bill : 2016-12-03

Pay IV Bill : 2016-12-30

Send IV Package: 2016-12-08

Checklist: 2017-03-31

Case Completed at NVC2017-05-01

Interview Date: 2017-06-06

Interview Result : Administrative Processing 

Visa In Hand: September 28, 2017

POE: October 19, 2017 - JFK

Hey Jewels i don't take your opinion personal, i commented on this thread to actually hear (read) everyone's opinion. And i also think it's absurd that being 6 months and 1 day out of normal processing times, we are doing the expedite. But like i repeat, this was thanks to the lawyer putting stuff on my fiance's head. See the main reason why i asked him to it's because of 2 reasons. Someone called USCIS and they replied that their 2 months behind. 2) I also received a service request response stating that they've done additional review on our case and that as of right now, our case is under review. They said wait a response within 90 days. This is just a way to dissuade us not to contact them. But i can't take a chance of waiting 3 months. Think about it,how many of November and December filers are waiting for their approvals, not counting the ones that aren't signed up on the VISAJOURNEY.COM community and not counting other petitions such as I-130/I-140 and other petitions they have to approve? ALOTT! so do you think that they are going to approve ALL of us in 2 months,?I don't think so. So am i willing to wait 3 months with the situation here? Absolutely NOT! it's like starting the k-1 petition from scratch.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.