Tango777

December list from US Bangkok Embassy came out today

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Im worried no matter how he meant it.

Yesterday was another holiday in Thailand…not sure if US Embassy closes on Thai fathers day or not, I think the lawyers office did.

So many holidays….

Embassy is closed on all U.S. and Thai holidays.

You've already went this far with a lawyer. No turning back now. Just stay on them.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Slowlyman,

I just got an email from the IV unit asking this exact question about what they do if they get packet 3 before they get physical file.

They are really nice and quick to reply and they just answered me that they do in fact have our packet 3, and they are holding it while they await our file to arrive from NVC.

No matter what you read about this policy of them throwing it away, either my lawyer has an in and they hold files for them, or as my lawyers office told me, they always send packet 3 right away when they get NVC number, not waiting until the actual arrival of the file.

Thats the facts as of today….but you sure got me worried enough to research the whole thing…no biggie, now I know that they have our packet 3…good news!

I don't know why its taking so long for our file…"in transit" now a week already…ugh.

Timeline

My file had a status of in transit for 1 week and then it changed to ready. It was then that I sent package 3. A week later I had the interview letter email.

Timeline

Slowlyman,

I just got an email from the IV unit asking this exact question about what they do if they get packet 3 before they get physical file.

They are really nice and quick to reply and they just answered me that they do in fact have our packet 3, and they are holding it while they await our file to arrive from NVC.

No matter what you read about this policy of them throwing it away, either my lawyer has an in and they hold files for them, or as my lawyers office told me, they always send packet 3 right away when they get NVC number, not waiting until the actual arrival of the file.

Thats the facts as of today….but you sure got me worried enough to research the whole thing…no biggie, now I know that they have our packet 3…good news!

I don't know why its taking so long for our file…"in transit" now a week already…ugh.

That's good to know.

Timeline

Hi all,

Any idea when the January interview schedule will come out? It looks like the December came out (or at least was updated) on December 3. I submitted packet 3 on December 13 and am now hoping we show up on the January list.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Steve

Timeline

Hey Shave - You probably have this but just in case this is where it is - http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas/scheduled-appointments.html

Funny though because we have our appt. for Jan. 9 but they still only show the schedule for Dec. Guess they did not update it yet. When did you send it Packet 3 ?

Timeline

Hey Shave - You probably have this but just in case this is where it is - http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas/scheduled-appointments.html

Funny though because we have our appt. for Jan. 9 but they still only show the schedule for Dec. Guess they did not update it yet. When did you send it Packet 3 ?

That online schedule is worthless.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

shavercamp....you should have a January interview,we submitted packet 3 dec 16 and have the interview jan 22...

9/16/2013-I-129-F Petition Rec`d-(Dallas lockbox, transfered to CSC)
9/19/2013-Notice Date- NOA-1
10/1/2013-Notice Date- NOA-2-I-129-F Petition Approved!
11/1/2013-NVC Rec`d I-129-F Petition
11/14/2013- U.S.Consulate- BKK Rec`d I-129-F
11/23/2013-Rec`d Packet 3
12/1/2013-Medical Exam
12/9/2013-Packet 3 sent to U.S. Consulate-BKK
12/16/2013-Rec`d Packet 4
1/22/2014-Interview/Approved!
1/25/2014-Rec`d Visa/Passport (Korat)

4/30/2014-POE-Chicago-O`Hare
5/1/2014-Successful S.S.# Application(Chicago office)Marriage License(Cook County)
5/2/2014-Married!
5/16/2014-AOS,I-765,I-131 package received by U.S.C.I.S.
5/19/2014-Notice Date- NOA-1`s
5/23/2014-Rec`d Biometrics Appointment Notice
5/30/2014-Early Biometrics(Chicago location)
7/26/2014-I-765 and I-131 Approved (card production)
8/01/2014-Rec`d Combo Card
9/10/2014-Rec`d Potential Interview Waiver Letter
3/20/2015-Filed form with CIS Ombudsman requesting assistance with AOS.
3/21/2015-Rec`d case# from Ombudsman.
4/03/2015-Sent I-765/I-131 renewal documents to U.S.C.I.S.
4/9/2015- NOA Notice Dates-I-765/I-131 renewal.
4/10/2015-NOA Notice Date-Biometrics Appt.for I-765/I-131 renewal.
4/27/2015-Biometrics Appt.for I-765/I-131 renewal.

5/22/2015-Rec`d RFE for expired Medical Exam.

5/23/2015-Rec`d Renewal Combo Card.

6/8/2015-Updated I-693 Medical Exam sent to U.S.C.I.S. (New York office)

6/20/2015-Rec`d Welcome Letter.

6/24/2015-Rec`d Green Card via U.S.P.S.

Timeline

Thanks for the input. One place it says the schedule is updated weekly another is that it is updated monthly. Looks like the list isn't that helpful and people are relying on direct correspondence from IV Section. I am a little concerned because we have received no email or written communication since the NOA2, although we received confirmation from lawyer that Packet 3 was delivered 12/13 and the file was received 12/15 and CEAC has us listed as "Ready" with an updated status as of 12/16.

I am probably stressing needlessly but I guess that is what the holidays are about!

Timeline

Thanks for the input. One place it says the schedule is updated weekly another is that it is updated monthly. Looks like the list isn't that helpful and people are relying on direct correspondence from IV Section. I am a little concerned because we have received no email or written communication since the NOA2, although we received confirmation from lawyer that Packet 3 was delivered 12/13 and the file was received 12/15 and CEAC has us listed as "Ready" with an updated status as of 12/16.

I am probably stressing needlessly but I guess that is what the holidays are about!

It has only been 5 days since your attorney sent the P3. No time at all in the visa world. My guess, you'll be looking at a February interview, so just pour yourself an adult beverage and relax. you've got time.

Incidentally, have you confirmed your NVC file is actually at the IV section?

No communication is normal when you work with an attorney. My understanding is any messages from the IV would be sent to the attorney filling the paperwork. (at least that seems to be how it works most of time)

Edited by slowlyman

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.