micahmoos

refusal notice . I'm not happy

60 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

So sorry to hear...you know what you should have done...you should have placed the job letter and pay stubs along with the affidavit of support because they look over these documents before the actual interview and this is the reason why they collect them prior to calling you up for the interview....so as far as they saw you didn't make enough...If I were you I would scan my pay stubs and job letter into my computer then e-mail the embassy with the attachments and explain the situation to them...asking them to please review the case....when you e-mail them please be sure to put your fiance name and case number in your e-mail....don't wait...act now....and I wish you all the best.

no, if she didn't make enough the affidavit of support would have been refused long before it made it to the consulate at the NVC. The NVC wouldnt have forwarded it if she was below the minimum income requirements

Filed: Timeline

no, if she didn't make enough the affidavit of support would have been refused long before it made it to the consulate at the NVC. The NVC wouldnt have forwarded it if she was below the minimum income requirements

I thought NVC doesn't review K1 documents and just issue a case number and forward to embassy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I thought NVC doesn't review K1 documents and just issue a case number and forward to embassy

woops, I forgot it was a k-1, my bad. Thanks for correcting me!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Guys what happened is your fault, you should know better, if you check this forum asking the proper question we all indicated that you will need a co-sponsor ... but you didn't do it ... now the consequences. SORRY FOR YOU MISTAKE. now is water under the bridge !!!!

Edited by c12h22oh

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Being direct is not the same as being rude.....rude is the catchall name when people post something that someone does not want to hear. Meanwhile, others freely castigate the embassy or consuls, as if they know far more than the very people who have been trained and have the experience and knowledge to conduct their job/responsibilities far beyond the knowledge base of any single applicant.

Perhaps many would prefer to read something like..."oh, just call your congressman and set the embassy straight..." while failing to realize that no congressman can order the embassy to do anything. Congress is in the Legislative branch of our government while the State Dept is in the Executive branch,....and no one from one branch can tell somebody in another branch of our government what to do.

Voicing displeasure or disagreement won't bring about a solution, no matter who agrees or disagrees with your complaint. Better to respond to the request of the embassy rather than try to elicit some random reply from people who have no knowledge of the rules and regulations, but have only an opinion that is not likely to be based on their vast experience in the field of immigration law.

The interviewing officer likely has interviewed hundreds if not thousands of applicants, depending on their own time in the State Dept....that amount of first hand experience and exposure to our laws greatly exceeds by leaps and bounds opinions of others who have not sat behind the interviewing window.

You know what are you a consular officer. It seem like u know everything there is to know about the steps an officer make when making a decision. Like i said if u don't have nothing nice to say, keep it moveing. Obviously if you knew everything you would not bee on visa journey like the rest of us. Have you ever thought about that. Keep your comments to ur self if there not going to at least try and help make my situation better. Pleas do not comment on my post anymore because your not a positive person , ur just someone who does not give a dam about the bullshit that comes out of there mouth.

Timeline

K1's don't show none of that except at the interview.

Also i have worked on 1 job for 3 years almost 4 and the other for a little over a year since last september. But thanks for you thoughs. I had plenty of paystubs and everything they asked for and nothing was looked at but the i134 affidavit and the last years tax transcripts.

Edited by micahmoos

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Also i have worked on 1 job for 3 years almost 4 and the other for a little over a year since last september. But thanks for you thoughs. I had plenty of paystubs and everything they asked for and nothing was looked at but the i134 affidavit and the last years tax transcripts.

Than I would email like someone suggested your entire I-134 package and ask them to review again. I would say Consular office had a bad hair day and just didn't want to be bothered which is not right. Also get on phone to your senator or congressman and get them involved now.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

I understand. Thank you. You have not did anything wrong. I will do just that. The officer was rude my fiance said he asked where i worked and and then my fiance told him and the consular officer said " is that even a job" . That is not right and i will be writing the white house a letter.

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

wow sorry to hear this. I gues it depends on the embassy. I was was in same situation my last 3 years income was no where near meeting qualifiaction but i got a promotion right when he was geting his interview i used a letter from my job to show my increase. i had a co sponsor just in case but they didnt even use their info at interview. I just did my AOS without a sponser and used my info and my husband got approved with the letter from my jobs because my income on tax transcripts dont show my current income.

Filed: Timeline

wow sorry to hear this. I gues it depends on the embassy. I was was in same situation my last 3 years income was no where near meeting qualifiaction but i got a promotion right when he was geting his interview i used a letter from my job to show my increase. i had a co sponsor just in case but they didnt even use their info at interview. I just did my AOS without a sponser and used my info and my husband got approved with the letter from my jobs because my income on tax transcripts dont show my current income.

Your financial situation is completely different.

Same job, maybe long term, with a recent increase = stability on the job to support alien > two jobs with one potentialy staged and recent.

PS: Once I started looking atthings from a COs stand point then they did not appear to be the evil monsters I first thought they were. YMMV of course.

Edited by Gowon

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I just want to interject the key important factor in all the suggestions being given by all. It is appreciated, but remember once you receive your NOA2, you really need to hear from those from your own embassy. The specific details of what happens is what you need to know to prepare for your interview. Also, it varies between a K-1 or a IR/CR, they are not adjudicated the same and different paperwork is required.

Regardless, of what may occur at another embassy, does not pertain to ours. We have all read different requirements that each embassy may ask, from how to schedule for medical, how to schedule your interview, can you file paperwork electronically. Sometimes, I think it is strange that they do that at their embassy, but that is their requirements.

In JA when it comes to income requirements, this is what they look at: Last year's income and they do not count child support or unemployment benefits as income, in these cases, they do not deny you, they request a co-sponsor. It is their responsibility to prevent those who immigrate from becoming public charges while in the United States. I have seen them request co-sponsors for those whose income was $100 over the guidelines.

All I can say, is it does not hurt to e-mail the embassy to get a direct, specific response on your income, and why it was not considered.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

They said i need a joint sponsor , does this mean that person need to make up what ever i don't on their income tax return. I found a joint sponsor

Edited by micahmoos

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

The co-sponsor needs to earn above the poverty guidelines for their own household size plus one (your fiance).

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.