Cam54

I'm shipping my cat from Uk to California

17 posts in this topic

I brought my cat over 5 years ago. I flew out from Heathrow using United. I looked at several options but decided to use united as I could take my cat in the cabin. The cost was a pre flight check by my UK vet plus a rabies shot, $50 baggage fee for my cat. I landed at Chicago and the customs people just asked if the cat was OK and let me through. I found the flight really easy and the cat did really well. The cabin crew were really friendly and allocated a spare seat for the cat.

Couple of things, when i went through Heathrow security they took my cat straight to the boarding gate , but didn't tell me. i was waiting the other side of security for about 20 minutes until I got an answer of where my cat was. US security was much easier, just took my cat out of the carrier, put it through the xray and then put him back in the carrier.

You will need to fly economy as the business and first class seats don't accommodate pets. They have to go under the seat for takeoff and landing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I brought my cat over 5 years ago. I flew out from Heathrow using United. I looked at several options but decided to use united as I could take my cat in the cabin. The cost was a pre flight check by my UK vet plus a rabies shot, $50 baggage fee for my cat. I landed at Chicago and the customs people just asked if the cat was OK and let me through. I found the flight really easy and the cat did really well. The cabin crew were really friendly and allocated a spare seat for the cat.

Couple of things, when i went through Heathrow security they took my cat straight to the boarding gate , but didn't tell me. i was waiting the other side of security for about 20 minutes until I got an answer of where my cat was. US security was much easier, just took my cat out of the carrier, put it through the xray and then put him back in the carrier.

You will need to fly economy as the business and first class seats don't accommodate pets. They have to go under the seat for takeoff and landing.

This is a bit out of date now I'm afraid, cats are no longer allowed in cabin with pretty much every airline, it's all cargo

Submitted k1 visa petition - January 20th,2013NOA1 - February 2nd 2013NOA2 - June 20th 2013Medical - August 14th 2013<p>Interview - October 4th
Moved to California January 8th smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.