tos5032

UK police clearance

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding UK police clearance. My husband lived in UK for 3 years and he returned to Bangladesh before we got married. I noticed that people were saying you need a police clearance from countries you've lived in more than 6 months? Can someone please let me know how he can obtain a police clearance while he is living in Bangladesh? I searched on google and found a website. But I am not sure if it's reliable. Our case was just transferred to "our local office," after 7 months. Thanks for your help!

Filed: Other Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

How can you find Police Clearance from another country?
Here is how you can find out more information how to obtain Police Clearances from other countries.
Just use the pull down menu to select the country needed.
Scroll down and there should be a section for Police records or Police Clearances.
"A police certificate is required from a country in which the applicant lived for more than one year (six months if you are applying for a K visa) after turning 16 years of age. As with NBI clearances, foreign police certificates should be obtained in any maiden names, married names, aliases or nicknames ever used while in the country in question, including different spellings of all names ever used. .

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_3272.html

How can you find Police Clearance from another country?

Here is how you can find out more information how to obtain Police Clearances from other countries.

Just use the pull down menu to select the country needed.

Scroll down and there should be a section for Police records or Police Clearances.

"A police certificate is required from a country in which the applicant lived for more than one year (six months if you are applying for a K visa) after turning 16 years of age. As with NBI clearances, foreign police certificates should be obtained in any maiden names, married names, aliases or nicknames ever used while in the country in question, including different spellings of all names ever used. .

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_3272.html

Thank you!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Just to be clear, you only need a police certicate from another country not of your nationality if you've lived there for 12 months or more, not 6 months.

My husband also lived in the UK and we needed a police certificate. They are very easy to get. I found the hardest part was getting a bank draft written in British Pounds. Most banks offer this service however most employees are not familiar with how to do it. If you have a problem, print the page off from the bank website and show it to a manager. Good luck!
We paid for expedite service and got it within 4 days. :)

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Just to be clear, you only need a police certicate from another country not of your nationality if you've lived there for 12 months or more, not 6 months.

My husband also lived in the UK and we needed a police certificate. They are very easy to get. I found the hardest part was getting a bank draft written in British Pounds. Most banks offer this service however most employees are not familiar with how to do it. If you have a problem, print the page off from the bank website and show it to a manager. Good luck!

We paid for expedite service and got it within 4 days. smile.png

How did your husband get the police certificate? Thanks!

Timeline

How did your husband get the police certificate? Thanks!

Go here http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

Download the application and read the instructions. Your husband will need 2 documents which show proof of his address in Bangladesh and passport photos endorsed by a person not related to your husband (and must be of a certain occupation). I think they also will need a copy of your husband's UK visa.

The directions are very clear. Just follow everything and you should not have any problems.

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Go here http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

Download the application and read the instructions. Your husband will need 2 documents which show proof of his address in Bangladesh and passport photos endorsed by a person not related to your husband (and must be of a certain occupation). I think they also will need a copy of your husband's UK visa.

The directions are very clear. Just follow everything and you should not have any problems.

Thanks a lot for the info!

Timeline

Thanks a lot for the info!

One more thing. When you get the British Bank Draft, add an additional 10 GBP onto your total amount to account for fluctuations in currency exchange rates.

Good luck!

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.