Alex+R

Senate to HIV-Positive Immigrants: Go Home

125 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
I also don't think HIV drugs=charity. And, it is widely known, there are plenty of HIV resources to go around. Illegitimate and/or corruptgovernments in Africa, for instance, have gotten rich off $$ for HIV positive citizens, and/or have sold ARVs that have been shipped totheir countries, rather than provide them to infected people. These drugs are not rare and are no longer costly to produce.

The pharmaceutical industry in America makes it impossible for us to have unlimited resources

The pharmaceutical industry lines the pockets of those who make it impossible.

and didn't you work/still work for a pharmaceutical company? :whistle:

No, I don't, never have.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I also don't think HIV drugs=charity. And, it is widely known, there are plenty of HIV resources to go around. Illegitimate and/or corruptgovernments in Africa, for instance, have gotten rich off $$ for HIV positive citizens, and/or have sold ARVs that have been shipped totheir countries, rather than provide them to infected people. These drugs are not rare and are no longer costly to produce.

The pharmaceutical industry in America makes it impossible for us to have unlimited resources

The pharmaceutical industry lines the pockets of those who make it impossible.

and didn't you work/still work for a pharmaceutical company? :whistle:

No, I don't, never have.

ah my bad, "pharmaceutical research"

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline
It just describes the ignorance, hate and fear that make people judge those with HIV. The danger to you of having an HIV+ neighbor is so minimal it's almost ridiculous that you'd be thinking about yourself at this point.

Tell that to the people that were victimized by this immigrant:

http://www.zimobserver.com/index.php?mod=a...1&act=print

I don't know the laws in UK, but allowing known HIV immigrants into the USA somehow doesn't seem like a desirable thing to do. It is unfortunate that there are HIV infected Americans, but it seems irresponsible for the US government to allow more to be imported into the USA.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

It just describes the ignorance, hate and fear that make people judge those with HIV. The danger to you of having an HIV+ neighbor is so minimal it's almost ridiculous that you'd be thinking about yourself at this point.

I don't know the laws in UK, but allowing known HIV immigrants into the USA somehow doesn't seem like a desirable thing to do. It is unfortunate that there are HIV infected Americans, but it seems irresponsible for the US government to allow more to be imported into the USA.

Smart point. You want to allow people with HIV in the country and then take the cost of their treatment ?

Some have said they would like to see these people get waivers. Now what would be on the waiver

Some have said insurance. If they are not in the country, where are they going to get insurance ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Smart point. You want to allow people with HIV in the country and then take the cost of their treatment ?

Some have said they would like to see these people get waivers. Now what would be on the waiver

Some have said insurance. If they are not in the country, where are they going to get insurance ?

Sheraz, people who want to come to the U.S. with HIV already DO get waivers, and they have to have insurance. This is not a new idea; it's the status quo! (Did you read the OP?) There are a few companies that admit HIV patients, and if they can be added to the husband's or wife's insurance, it would usually be illegal for that company to ask any medical questions at all about that person. The other way to prove they can come in is by proving they can pay for 10 years of care very comfortably.

Chances are, it will never be easier than it it now, and right now it's pretty tough to get a waiver for HIV.

Also, so this ####### gave people HIV. This was somehow because he was an immigrant? To ENGLAND? I'm really confused as to how this is relevant. PS Most of the people he gave it to seemed to have been foreign immigrants as well.