Alex+R

Senate to HIV-Positive Immigrants: Go Home

125 posts in this topic

I also don't think HIV drugs=charity. And, it is widely known, there are plenty of HIV resources to go around. Illegitimate and/or corruptgovernments in Africa, for instance, have gotten rich off $$ for HIV positive citizens, and/or have sold ARVs that have been shipped totheir countries, rather than provide them to infected people. These drugs are not rare and are no longer costly to produce.

The pharmaceutical industry in America makes it impossible for us to have unlimited resources

Whenn did the pharmaceutical industry get elected to congress? :unsure:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you think my tongue in cheek reminder to everyone that where we are now is largely an 'accident' of birth and not something we have done to deserve it in some way, is somehow aimed entirely in your direction Lisa?

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Timeline
Why do you think my tongue in cheek reminder to everyone that where we are now is largely an 'accident' of birth and not something we have done to deserve it in some way, is somehow aimed entirely in your direction Lisa?

Well, since *I* mentioned the fact that there were borders, and your first line was 'there are borders indeed'...kinda seems like you were responding to me...go figure

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
There are borders, indeed. Let's all feel safe and cosy inside them, so long as we are white, free from communicable diseased and vote republican...or something...

That's the idea :innocent:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

although your usual, we can't do anything because it is too 'fanciful to contemplate' is rather predictable. Oh and before you ask, I am not now, nor am I every, going to tell the world on a public message board what I do to contribute to any or all of the causes that I support verbally.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Lets all jump on our unicorns and throw rainbows at each other!

Well why not? Nothing else has worked so far. :blink:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

If I am supporting a cause on this thread...not sure I am, unless it's the 'the world is everyone's home' cause.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
There are people on both sides of aisle. Some who say HIV infected folks should be allowed and those who say they should not be. Neither side could be convinced. Thats why they had the vote and the representatives of people voted for it. So that settled the argument as far as the law is concerned.

The forum discussion is still going on.

Now so for those who are compassionate enough to allow HIV folks to enter US. What is your position as far as them being your neighbor or do you want some sort of list like that of convicted sex offenders. What is your position on HIV teenager immigrant (with family who came in through a waiver) going to school with your children.

IMO, this post perfectly describes why so many people are against allowing people with HIV into the country. You can forget the economic argument, because it doesn't correspond with reality, which is where soropositive immigrants have to provide for themselves.

It just describes the ignorance, hate and fear that make people judge those with HIV. The danger to you of having an HIV+ neighbor is so minimal it's almost ridiculous that you'd be thinking about yourself at this point.

Filed: Timeline
IMO, this post perfectly describes why so many people are against allowing people with HIV into the country. You can forget the economic argument, because it doesn't correspond with reality, which is where soropositive immigrants have to provide for themselves.

It just describes the ignorance, hate and fear that make people judge those with HIV. The danger to you of having an HIV+ neighbor is so minimal it's almost ridiculous that you'd be thinking about yourself at this point.

This is going to be my last post on here for a bit cos I have to go and get some stuff done, but I have to say that it's wrong to make the assumption that the differing opinion from yours is based on ignorance hate or fear. You don't have to agree with me, but don't discount my opinion as one of either of those three things. If you don't understand where my - or anyone else's - opinion comes from....then ASK...don't assume it's done with sinister or cowardly intentions. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I also don't think HIV drugs=charity. And, it is widely known, there are plenty of HIV resources to go around. Illegitimate and/or corruptgovernments in Africa, for instance, have gotten rich off $$ for HIV positive citizens, and/or have sold ARVs that have been shipped totheir countries, rather than provide them to infected people. These drugs are not rare and are no longer costly to produce.

The pharmaceutical industry in America makes it impossible for us to have unlimited resources

The pharmaceutical industry lines the pockets of those who make it impossible.

and didn't you work/still work for a pharmaceutical company? :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
This is going to be my last post on here for a bit cos I have to go and get some stuff done

Places to go, cats to rescue? :P

:lol:

i can see the movie now, similar to the pet detective ones.......

lisad......cat rescuer! :P

*runs*

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

This is going to be my last post on here for a bit cos I have to go and get some stuff done, but I have to say that it's wrong to make the assumption that the differing opinion from yours is based on ignorance hate or fear. You don't have to agree with me, but don't discount my opinion as one of either of those three things. If you don't understand where my - or anyone else's - opinion comes from....then ASK...don't assume it's done with sinister or cowardly intentions. :thumbs:

I meant why people in America are afraid of HIV--they see it as a bigger threat than it is. (That is, provided they take care of themselves.)

PS congrats on the kitty :luv: