Alex+R

Senate to HIV-Positive Immigrants: Go Home

125 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
There are people on both sides of aisle. Some who say HIV infected folks should be allowed and those who say they should not be. Neither side could be convinced. Thats why they had the vote and the representatives of people voted for it. So that settled the argument as far as the law is concerned.

The forum discussion is still going on.

Now so for those who are compassionate enough to allow HIV folks to enter US. What is your position as far as them being your neighbor or do you want some sort of list like that of convicted sex offenders. What is your position on HIV teenager immigrant (with family who came in through a waiver) going to school with your children.

I am compassionate about maintaining the health of those who are already here. We have enough people in this country already who need help. What about them? We don't have unlimited resources and sadly cannot save the world...so who decides which ones get compassion and which ones don't?

You obviously choose for yourself. I, for one, think there's plenty of resources to go around, they just aren't going around. So my compassion spreads globally, I'm not a nationalist. I don't think any one person on this planet is more important than another, and I think if the US is going to take on the role of global patriarch, we must take the good with the bad.

What planet are you on?

Charity begins at home.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
There are people on both sides of aisle. Some who say HIV infected folks should be allowed and those who say they should not be. Neither side could be convinced. Thats why they had the vote and the representatives of people voted for it. So that settled the argument as far as the law is concerned.

Now so for those who are compassionate enough to allow HIV folks to enter US. What is your position as far as them being your neighbor or do you want some sort of list like that of convicted sex offenders. What is your position on HIV teenager immigrant (with family who came in through a waiver) going to school with your children.

I am compassionate about maintaining the health of those who are already here. We have enough people in this country already who need help. What about them? We don't have unlimited resources and sadly cannot save the world...so who decides which ones get compassion and which ones don't?

You obviously choose for yourself. I, for one, think there's plenty of resources to go around, they just aren't going around. So my compassion spreads globally, I'm not a nationalist. I don't think any one person on this planet is more important than another, and I think if the US is going to take on the role of global patriarch, we must take the good with the bad.

What planet are you on?

Charity begins at home.

It seems you didn't read my post. Home to you is clearly something different for me.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
ou obviously choose for yourself. I, for one, think there's plenty of resources to go around, they just aren't going around. So my compassion spreads globally, I'm not a nationalist. I don't think any one person on this planet is more important than another, and I think if the US is going to take on the role of global patriarch, we must take the good with the bad.

Here!Here! Brava peezy. 23_30_109.gif

I think these opposing wordviews are at the core of so many of the debates that we have. One side thinks it's so obvious that Americans are more important than anyone else and the other side doesn't. It seems these two views can never be reconciled.

What planet are you on?

Charity begins at home.

I also don't think HIV drugs=charity. And, it is widely known, there are plenty of HIV resources to go around. Illegitimate and/or corruptgovernments in Africa, for instance, have gotten rich off $$ for HIV positive citizens, and/or have sold ARVs that have been shipped totheir countries, rather than provide them to infected people. These drugs are not rare and are no longer costly to produce.

Edited by peezey

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

Too few people can see beyond the confines of their national borders. What we do has an effect globaly, particularly if you live in an 'industrially' advanced nation. However, most people just want to take the gravy and then get off the train...

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Too few people can see beyond the confines of their national borders. What we do has an effect globaly, particularly if you live in an 'industrially' advanced nation. However, most people just want to take the gravy and then get off the train...

Ironic for a forum board where everyone is in a relationship with someone from a foreign country

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ironic for a forum board where everyone is in a relationship with someone from a foreign country

Very good point.

Does that mean our tax dollars should initially supplement other people?

There ARE borders in this world....jeez...just because I chose to petition a foreign man does not mean I think the US should be primarily concerned with the UK poor.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

White people have nothing to worry about anyway, since HIV mostly affects black people.

While African Americans make up only 13% of the U.S. population, they represent 39%

of all AIDS cases reported in the U.S. through 2002. Furthermore, the proportion of

AIDS cases accounted for by African Americans has steadily and markedly increased

over time: of the more than 42,000 new cases reported in 2002, 50% were African American,

an overall rate that was almost 11 times greater than the rate for Whites in that year.

In the same year, African Americans constituted almost two-thirds of all AIDS cases

in women and two-thirds of all pediatric AIDS cases. These trends are likely to continue,

or even worsen: African Americans accounted for 54% of the new HIV diagnoses

reported in the United States in 2002. Through 2001, 56% of all HIV diagnoses

among 13–24 year olds were in African Americans.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

I also don't think HIV drugs=charity. And, it is widely known, there are plenty of HIV resources to go around. Illegitimate and/or corruptgovernments in Africa, for instance, have gotten rich off $$ for HIV positive citizens, and/or have sold ARVs that have been shipped totheir countries, rather than provide them to infected people. These drugs are not rare and are no longer costly to produce.

The pharmaceutical industry in America makes it impossible for us to have unlimited resources

The pharmaceutical industry in America makes it impossible for us to have unlimited resources

The pharmaceutical industry lines the pockets of those who make it impossible.

There are borders, indeed. Let's all feel safe and cosy inside them, so long as we are white, free from communicable diseased and vote republican...or something...

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Does that mean our tax dollars should initially supplement other people?

There ARE borders in this world....jeez...just because I chose to petition a foreign man does not mean I think the US should be primarily concerned with the UK poor.

Yes, I'd prefer my tax dollars that go to needless war go instead to ARVs. Especially since ARVs are a fraction of the cost of the daily cost of the Iraq war.

Until the borders shrink of course, due to Global warming, which may or may not be real and as a result of human activity...