Cruise&Lea

will my fiance fail her medical exam? it makes her so worried

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Yes you can read more on the CDC web site under immigration health screening.

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/diseases-vaccines-included.html#comm

Okay so nothing on there about hiv.

Folks, the immigration process is daunting enough that misinformation shouldn't be added to it.

Many folks look for and trust answers on VJ.

So let's be careful as we dole out information. Its perfectly okay to say "I don't know"

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/diseases-vaccines-included.html#comm

Okay so nothing on there about hiv.

Folks, the immigration process is daunting enough that misinformation shouldn't be added to it.

Many folks look for and trust answers on VJ.

So let's be careful as we dole out information. Its perfectly okay to say "I don't know"

I stand corrected on the issue of HIV screening. Upon further investigation I was able to locate the rescinding order that HIV is no longer tested.

and I quote "...beginning January 4, 2010, HIV testing will no longer be required as part of the U.S. immigration medical screening process and persons with HIV infection will no longer require waiver processing by the Department of Homeland Security to be admitted into the United States. These changes for HIV do not affect technical instructions for other inadmissible conditions, such as tuberculosis."

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/hiv-guidance-panel-civil.html

The remaining information that I provided is factual and can be located at the link http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/diseases-vaccines-included.html.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Hemorrhoids are not even screened for at St. Luke's. My wife said they don't even have you take your clothes off. It's nothing to worry about at all.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hemorrhoids are not even screened for at St. Luke's. My wife said they don't even have you take your clothes off. It's nothing to worry about at all.

As far as I know, everyone is asked to take their clothes off (all of it) during the physical exam with the doctor. A lab gown is provided though.

Seems SLEC is inconsistent. huh2.giflaughing.gif

As far as I know, everyone is asked to take their clothes off (all of it) during the physical exam with the doctor. A lab gown is provided though.

Seems SLEC is inconsistent. huh2.giflaughing.gif

Well, hers was back in 2011, maybe it changed. Or maybe she has a memory gap... :)

I'd imagine the gown was for x-ray, right? You didn't have any pap smear or lady-parts check?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well, hers was back in 2011, maybe it changed. Or maybe she has a memory gap... smile.png

I'd imagine the gown was for x-ray, right? You didn't have any pap smear or lady-parts check?

Memory gap, maybe. content.gif

The xray and physical exam are done separately so you get to use a lab gown for each.

There's no pap smear. The lady doctor checked my breast and looked for scars (or signs of it) and she did look at the private parts.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

THANK YOU for all your replies guys and for sharing your opinions and thoughts regarding my fiance's condition... I guess we shouldn't worry about this, for she is not having any contagious disease.

I was asked to take off everything for my physical exam. At that point I was dead tired and didn't even think twice about stripping. lol.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well, hers was back in 2011, maybe it changed. Or maybe she has a memory gap... smile.png

She has a memory gap on purpose.... :lol: As it seems they do "look", which is the reason no medical if they are having their period.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have a government source that includes hiv as part of what they test for?

HIV is not one of the diseases that can make an applicant fail. Neither is hemorrhoids.

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/medical-examination-faqs.html#5

What are the communicable diseases of public health significance that would cause an applicant to fail a medical examination or be inadmissible?

Communicable diseases of public health significance include—

• Tuberculosis
  • Syphilis
  • Chancroid
  • Gonorrhea
  • Granuloma Inguinale
  • Lymphogranuloma Venereum
  • Hansen's Disease (Leprosy)

And the following two disease categories--

• Quarantinable diseases designated by any Presidential Executive Order. Current diseases include: cholera, diphtheria, infectious tuberculosis, plague, smallpox, yellow fever, viral hemorrhagic fevers, severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), and influenza caused by novel or re-emergent influenza (pandemic flu).
  • Events that are reportable as a public health emergency of international concern (PHEIC) to the World Health Organization (WHO) under the International Health Regulations (IHR) of 2005 (currently polio, smallpox, SARS, influenza, and other public health emergencies of international concern.)

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.