timhber

How long do you have to know your fiancee?

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Face to Face in the last 2 years is mandatory.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Thanks!!

I guess we still fall under 2 years hehe...

I'm actually waiting for him to send me his g325a and letter of intent... the rest of the petition is done and almost ready.

i hope i have everything in order!!

this is exciting and nerve wrecking. gosh.

thanks so much!

This having met face-to-face within 2 years prior to filing.. is it really necessary? YES

I ask because the last time I saw my fiancé was when I left the Philippines in June 2012. I came back to Guam because I was done with school, but we've been together for almost 7 years. - You can still file. Requirement is meeting in person at least once within 2 years of filing the petition. But what are you waiting for? FILE NOW?!

January 07, 2014 is our 7th anniversary... We met in Iloilo city 2006. - how long the relationship is doesn't matter, just that you met within 2 years of filing.

Would this still apply to us or does this only apply to the couples who have met online and such? - it applies to any US citizen + foreign citizen that are free to marry.

Established: 01/07/07

Married: 09/20/14

heart.gif I'll buy you rogaine, when you start losing all your hair wub.png

========================================================

SOCIAL MEDIA

Facebook

+ Kit: http://www.facebook.com/kitsalbinoteodosio

+ Richard: http://www.facebook.com/richard.teodosio

Instagram

+ Kit: itsmekit

+ Richard: richteodosio

Twitter

+ Kit: KIT_RJST

Youtube

+ Kit: http://www.youtube.com/user/kits671

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Can you tell me how long you have to know your fiancée before you can petition her (K-1 Visa)?

Thanks,

Tim

Doesn't matter. You have to prove you have a legitimate relationship.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Well ... you should know her enough that when she gets here to the US that she isn't going to get her GC and leave your ### in the doorway. So many of those short-term relationships end up that way. The guy always says the same thing too "I never dreamed she would do that to me, we seemed so much in love."

journey.jpg

Hello everyone,

Can you tell me how long you have to know your fiancée before you can petition her (K-1 Visa)?

Thanks,

Tim

There is no minimum time for knowing each other but you must have met within 2 years of applying and you have to prove a genuine relationship.

Aloha Ke Akua

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I am asking for a friend and I am trying to help him petition his fiancee. He lives in U.S and he just got back from visiting his fiancée. They took pictures together and with her family and friends. He also kept all boarding passes/passport stamps and all other stuffs for evidence that they met. Does he needs call logs? He uses prepaid call card to call her. They plan to write and send letters back and forth. Will the letters be enough for evidence? Thanks!!

I met my fiancé in April 2011 and filed for K1 in June 2011... I submitted 5 photos (name,date,location on back) along with copies of boarding passes and hotel receipts.. copies of all birth certificates and copies of previous divorce decrees.

after K1 is approved, you will need the call logs, letters, ect, when you go to the embassy for the interview. Our interview was in March 2012..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Congo DR
Timeline

I have actually known my fiancee since we were and separated and met each other on Facebook in 2012 and couldn't go back to my country so I filed for a hardship letter explaining the situation and hopefully they will understand this is no fraud.

11/11/2013:I-129F sent:(VETERAN HOLIDAY)

11/12/2013:1-129F Received(UPS Notification)

11/15/2013:NOA1 Received a text and email

11/17/2013:NOA1 HARD COPY RECEIVED

11/22/2013:Alien number changed#(Received a text and an email)

02/03/2014: I-129F RFE(s)

02/05/2014:I-129F RFE(s) Hardcopy Received

02/10/2014:I-129 RFE(s) sent

02/13/2014:I-129F RFE(s) Received Package.(Received a text and email notification)

02/18/2014:NO2A Test and emai

03/07/2014:NVC Recieved.

03/11/2014:NVC Left

03/15/2015:Consulate Recieved.

03/18/2014:Package 3 Recieved

03/19/2014:Package 3 Sent.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

after K1 is approved, you will need the call logs, letters, ect, when you go to the embassy for the interview. Our interview was in March 2012..

Going to get a bit nit-picky here because people can get confused by terminology. Once the I-129F petition is approved is when you need the relationship evidence for the K-1 visa interview. The K-1 visa is not approved until after the K-1 interview and the CO approves you. The I-129F approval is not a K-1 approval. It is just grants the foreign fiance(e) permission to apply for a K-1 visa.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Congo DR
Timeline

Yeah I know but we talk everyday trying to keep record of everything that we have hopefully by God's grace it's gonna go well I have heard that it worked for some people and I believe it will work for mine too cause we showed prove that we once were together when we were young .

11/11/2013:I-129F sent:(VETERAN HOLIDAY)

11/12/2013:1-129F Received(UPS Notification)

11/15/2013:NOA1 Received a text and email

11/17/2013:NOA1 HARD COPY RECEIVED

11/22/2013:Alien number changed#(Received a text and an email)

02/03/2014: I-129F RFE(s)

02/05/2014:I-129F RFE(s) Hardcopy Received

02/10/2014:I-129 RFE(s) sent

02/13/2014:I-129F RFE(s) Received Package.(Received a text and email notification)

02/18/2014:NO2A Test and emai

03/07/2014:NVC Recieved.

03/11/2014:NVC Left

03/15/2015:Consulate Recieved.

03/18/2014:Package 3 Recieved

03/19/2014:Package 3 Sent.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.