unimatrixzero

Is the USCIS case status website unreliable and not updated frequently?!?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to start a new topic for this, but I really needed some advice. cray5ol.gif

Ok so I have a really confusing problem. I'm super sad about it. We filed through our immigration attorney on the first week of October. I received my hardcopy of the Noa1 on the 15th of Oct and on the 29th of Oct my fiancee's A# changed and that was the last update. No big deal...I'm prepared to wait. I check the uscis website once a day and the status has been and still is in initial review. ( Last update being the A# assigned on Oct 29th.)

Lo and behold I come home form work today and check my mail and I have a letter from the USCIS. Of course I freak out because I just had a weird feeling. I open it and the letter says that there was no intent to marry proof shown.. the letter said that the beneficiary and I can provide two separate affidavits affirming that we will marry within 90 days of his arrival to the US. We both wrote two affidavits of intent which was given to our attorney who prepared our packet.

I called uscis and they said that according to their update they don't have a request for an RFE but if I got a paper copy I should probably just send in whatever they want. I checked the website again and it still hasn't updated from October 29th and the letter I received today (11/22/13) was dated 11/16/13.

So, I guess the website is not always up to date and accurate?? I am not really sure what to do except respond to the RFE. Please let me know if it is normal to receive RFE's in mail and not be informed via text, email or website update.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to start a new topic for this, but I really needed some advice. cray5ol.gif

Ok so I have a really confusing problem. I'm super sad about it. We filed through our immigration attorney on the first week of October. I received my hardcopy of the Noa1 on the 15th of Oct and on the 29th of Oct my fiancee's A# changed and that was the last update. No big deal...I'm prepared to wait. I check the uscis website once a day and the status has been and still is in initial review. ( Last update being the A# assigned on Oct 29th.)

Lo and behold I come home form work today and check my mail and I have a letter from the USCIS. Of course I freak out because I just had a weird feeling. I open it and the letter says that there was no intent to marry proof shown.. the letter said that the beneficiary and I can provide two separate affidavits affirming that we will marry within 90 days of his arrival to the US. We both wrote two affidavits of intent which was given to our attorney who prepared our packet.

I called uscis and they said that according to their update they don't have a request for an RFE but if I got a paper copy I should probably just send in whatever they want. I checked the website again and it still hasn't updated from October 29th and the letter I received today (11/22/13) was dated 11/16/13.

So, I guess the website is not always up to date and accurate?? I am not really sure what to do except respond to the RFE. Please let me know if it is normal to receive RFE's in mail and not be informed via text, email or website update.

The websites aren't real-time. There's probably a daily upload that updates them. Maybe a couple times a day.

I think you've been the unfortunate victim of paying for an attorney and having them screw something up leading to a delay in your case, which happens quite a lot and why people recommend skipping them. If you both provided Letters of Intent with original signatures, you need to have a conversation with that lawyer and get your money back.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The websites aren't real-time. There's probably a daily upload that updates them. Maybe a couple times a day.

I think you've been the unfortunate victim of paying for an attorney and having them screw something up leading to a delay in your case, which happens quite a lot and why people recommend skipping them. If you both provided Letters of Intent with original signatures, you need to have a conversation with that lawyer and get your money back.

Well, I guess it is good to know that the website is not real-time.

Thank you for responding. He wrote his letter and had it notarized it India and mailed it to me and I did the same here. I gave them both to my lawyer. This is really disappointing... sad.png

Hopefully we can somehow sort this out.

Take care!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello

Check every thing from your lawyer. some lawyers are not trust worthy. in My daughter's case our Lawyer din't submit the birth certificate of my daughter to Nvc and this all came in picture when i got document status report from the NVC .In the list a big cross mark was in front of Birth certificate after talking with the lawyer ,she checked and found that the certificate was in the file kept in her office and she was claiming that she had sent all documents to NVC..even after that

we got many ups and downs cos of her poor performance,now we have hired another one.

Hi Everyone,

First, the website is not reliable. Second, Lawyers are not reliable. Third, did you include original signed copies of the intent to marry or was one or both a copy? Get two letters of intent from the beneficiary and complete two your self, send one to the USCIS along with a copy of the RFE and send the other to the lawyer along with a copy of the RFE and a letter asking him/her to explain why you received this RFE. You may be able to get some money back, but don't hold your breath. YOU are still responsible for getting everything correct even when using a lawyer.

Good luck,

Dave

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have heard of cases where you receive paper notice in the mail, and the website updates a week later.

So much for reliability of the website.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.