Le Bangoulap

TIME REQUIRED TO FILE FOR K-1

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

@Gowon

I beg to disagree with you about terrorist attacks in nothern Nigeria special where i live and at the time of that visit even Abuja was a dangerous area for USC and other foreign nationals. I say this authoritatively because I work with foreign agency who even asked some of us to leave the north to Abuja were we weren't permited to go to some places.

Nonetheless, I will consider your advise and use it judiciously.

Edited by Le Bangoulap

K-1 Adjustment of Status Event Date

CIS Office : Portland OR

Date Filed : 2014-09-16

NOA Date : 2014-09-19

Bio. Appt. : 2014-10-10 (Done)

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Employment Authorization Document Event Date

CIS Office: National Benefit Center

Bio. Appt. : 2014-10-10

Approved Date : 2014-11-14

Date Card Received : 2014-11-22 (Combo EAD/AP)
Estimates/Stats : EAD was approved in 59 days.

Advance Parole Event Date

CIS Office : National Benefit Center

NOA Date :

Date Received :2014-11-22 (Combo EAD/AP)

Estimates/Stats : AP was approved in 59 days.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Just playing "devil's advocate"....I agree with the other esteemed Nigeria-savvy posters here. While you may live and work in the North, you were clearly able to travel out and meet your fiancee--so why not just meet her in Lagos or Abuja? Lagos is a tough consulate to get through, so you have to be prepared to answer tough questions.

Many of us here have traveled and lived in Nigeria--even in the North--despite the color of our skin or country of origin. Personally, I lived in Jos from 2008-2010 during some very rough times in that city. I was certainly not the only foreigner to do so.

I am probably not alone in recommending that you try to get one more visit in, preferably in Nigeria, before your interview. You have a few months to make this happen. Despite what the minimum requirements may be, going through the Lagos Consulate has proven that meeting the minimum requirements simply isn't enough.

Timeline

@Nigerwife

I quite agree with you but you can take a USC in a city under state of emergency where even local people cannot make or receive calls nor sms...Jos or the North of the period you mentioned is in no way comparable with what we have now, check the news...Nevertheless we have enough evidence to prove how genuine our relationship is and will take your advice into deep consideration.

Thanks once again

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

NOA Date :

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If you care to read my post carefully, you will note that I wasn't suggesting you have your fiancée meet you in the North. I was just stating that foreigners do travel and live there. I am well informed on the terroristic state that many are living under in some parts of Nigeria.

However, the fact remains that she could meet you in another part of Nigeria just as easily as she can meet you in Togo and the CO will know this. As they too live and work in Nigeria. They aren't there on holiday.

Filed: Timeline

If you care to read my post carefully, you will note that I wasn't suggesting you have your fiancée meet you in the North. I was just stating that foreigners do travel and live there. I am well informed on the terroristic state that many are living under in some parts of Nigeria.

However, the fact remains that she could meet you in another part of Nigeria just as easily as she can meet you in Togo and the CO will know this. As they too live and work in Nigeria. They aren't there on holiday.

Excellent points.

OP, so do you live in Jos? If not where do you live?

Timeline

Excellent points.

OP, so do you live in Jos? If not where do you live?

In Maiduguri as at that time but now in Abuja.

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

NOA Date :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.