Kevin y Kelly

Emergency Situation

70 posts in this topic

Good afternoon all and thank you for all of the advice and positive responses. I'm sorry to keep everyone in suspense but I needed some quiet time after an emotional past couple of days. As I said the reason I delayed bringing Kelly to the United States was I lost my job during the visa process. I still haven't found work (I'm surviving on unemployment and savings) but I decided at the end of October to bring Kelly to the US so the visa wouldn't expire. Kelly has been very supportive throughout my ordeal (she has been out of work as well). When I arrived in Colombia and Kelly told me the visa expired earlier than I thought my first instinct was to get on VJ and ask you guys for help. As I was on the internet trying to change our flights I started thinking about the life in America I was bringing Kelly into and how my father told me a long time ago to get your financial situation straightened out before bringing a woman into your life. I'm not working and I'm living in my parents house until I find a job. My parents said it was alright for Kelly to stay there but it's not an ideal situation. After much thought I decided it would be best to not bring Kelly to America and figure out our best option to bring her when things get better in my life. I knew this decision would be risky because Kelly would have every right to break up with me after being so patient and supportive throughout this process we started in August, 2012. When Kelly arrived at the hotel I tearfully told her in my best Spanish my plans and expected her to be angry and end our relationship. To my surprise she said even though it's a last minute decision and she's disappointed, she understands my reasons and she said she wouldn't leave me and she'll wait again through another process. She knows how hard I've been trying to find a job and she is not the type of woman to walk away from a man she loves and treats her so well. We both cried and I thanked God for blessing me with such a special woman. I won't let her down again! This morning we discussed the benefits of the spousal visa and talked about me returning in a few months and getting married in Colombia. I have 2 job interviews this week so maybe we'll receive the blessing we've prayed for. Of course, I will keep VJ updated on our immigration journey.

Good luck with everything. You guys seem like a very sincere and strong couple, so I know the VJ community looks forward to hearing and helping with next steps! Although unfortunate the path things have taken, it's wonderful to see you guys being thoughtful about priorities through this difficult time.

Best wishes for everything in your future!

K1 Visa Process AOS Process

Mar 18 2013: I-129F mailed to CSC Nov 15 2013: I-485 with EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox

Sept 19 2013: Interview - Approved!! Jan 25 2014: EAD/AP Card Received

Oct 6 2013: POE - Chicago O'Hare June 2 2014: Permanent Resident Card Received!

Oct 27 2013: Wedding!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Myabe you can go to school to be a hair stylist?

Seriously, I am so glad you are a responsible man who wants the best for his wife and that she is so understanding of your responsibilities. This is a beautiful relationship and I am so happy both of you found the person of your dreams.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

I was hoping you would be together in the US by now - was really crossing my fingers everything had turned out for the best. But I am glad to see that even though you decided to change your plans, it has only strengthened the bond between you two. Keep it up, and I hope you'll land that job soon so you can be together as it should be. The best of luck to you both.

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Wow... A responsible couple that actually think about future and consequences and the reality of what it takes to start a familynon the right footing.... and put what is best in the long run (as opposed to immediate wants)... I congratulate you guys for the wisdom, strength and maturity such a decision like this takes. I hope this will give you the good karma for a good job! I wish you the best and this will make you both stronger and hopefully be a positive step for you both. Things happen for a reason...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good afternoon all and thank you for all of the advice and positive responses. I'm sorry to keep everyone in suspense but I needed some quiet time after an emotional past couple of days. As I said the reason I delayed bringing Kelly to the United States was I lost my job during the visa process. I still haven't found work (I'm surviving on unemployment and savings) but I decided at the end of October to bring Kelly to the US so the visa wouldn't expire. Kelly has been very supportive throughout my ordeal (she has been out of work as well). When I arrived in Colombia and Kelly told me the visa expired earlier than I thought my first instinct was to get on VJ and ask you guys for help. As I was on the internet trying to change our flights I started thinking about the life in America I was bringing Kelly into and how my father told me a long time ago to get your financial situation straightened out before bringing a woman into your life. I'm not working and I'm living in my parents house until I find a job. My parents said it was alright for Kelly to stay there but it's not an ideal situation. After much thought I decided it would be best to not bring Kelly to America and figure out our best option to bring her when things get better in my life. I knew this decision would be risky because Kelly would have every right to break up with me after being so patient and supportive throughout this process we started in August, 2012. When Kelly arrived at the hotel I tearfully told her in my best Spanish my plans and expected her to be angry and end our relationship. To my surprise she said even though it's a last minute decision and she's disappointed, she understands my reasons and she said she wouldn't leave me and she'll wait again through another process. She knows how hard I've been trying to find a job and she is not the type of woman to walk away from a man she loves and treats her so well. We both cried and I thanked God for blessing me with such a special woman. I won't let her down again! This morning we discussed the benefits of the spousal visa and talked about me returning in a few months and getting married in Colombia. I have 2 job interviews this week so maybe we'll receive the blessing we've prayed for. Of course, I will keep VJ updated on our immigration journey.

Wow almost like my story. My bf visited me here back in 2008 but sadly, we had to postpone our plans because he wasn't making enough for two. let's just say reality kicked in. so, he went back to school to finish his degree, bought his own house, found a better job, straigthened out his life and almost 5 years later we saw each other again in Singapore and had the best time of our lives. now he has a great job and we couldn't be more ready to tie the knot. I'm so glad I waited for him. best decision i've ever made. I'll have my medical exam and interview next month then fly there in the US in April then get married in June (hopefully on our 6th year anniv.)

Good luck to you and your girl. Stay strong and remind her all the time that you love her and you're doing everything for you to be together. You'll make it as long as that's what you both wanted.

8/16/2013 I-129F Package Sent

8/23/2013 NOA1 Email

8/29/2013 NOA Hard Copy

9/17/2013 A# Changed

10/23/2013 NOA2 email

10/30/2013 NOA2 Hard Copy (Mail)

11/7/2013 Got a notification stating our case has been forwarded to the NVC

11/15/2013 Got my Case Number from NVC

12/17 and 12/18 2013 Medical Exam (PASSED)

01/16/2014 Interview (Approved)

03/14/2014 CFO Seminar (Got my sticker the same day. yay!)

“I’ve learned that waiting is the most difficult bit, and I want to get used to the feeling, knowing that you’re with me, even when you’re not by my side.”

― Paulo Coelho, Eleven Minutes

You made the best decision. And the way your fiancee reacted? She's a gem. good.gif

Did she have her hair done anyway? She should. She deserves to be pampered for being a wonderful lady.

Edited by iammrsregi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.