TBoneTX

New Islamabad AP-Tracker, Part II

5,188 posts in this topic

we have to until the visa bulletin again comes to Sep 2013... and the prediction is the dates on visa bullein for f2a category will start moving in september or october visa bulletin. those who will becomes citizen soon will have a chance to upgrade their case rather wait for visa bulletin

good luck brother

Ap's have always been long even before they stopped asking for a police cert. They run background checks on the beneficiary but they can also run background checks on the petitioner if the embassy wants and this can take extra time.

There are males that are getting their visas in weeks but the number is very few. If a male gets out of AP in 8 or 9 months he is very lucky and I consider that to be quick by Islamabad standards.

thanks for ur reply carolynhotstuff, have u come across anyone on where they done it with petitioner as well?

My other observation is that lets say someone is staying outside of pakistan for few years and there might be a chance that AP time-frame could be less for them as there is not much to check inside the country and wherever that person has stayed previously will obviously provide police certs as i believe it is one of the requirements as well. What do u think in this scenario?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes I know of cases where they have run background checks on the petitioner. My case is an example. The embassy asked my husband during one of his interviews if my ex-husband lived with me because his name was on the title/deed of my house. How would the embassy know this unless they had done a background check on me? I know of another case where the visa was denied because of information the embassy found on the petitioner. I am not free to discuss the details because it was told to me and I have to respect the persons privacy.

I can't really comment on your other question because it depends on the individual case. If a person has lived outside of Pakistan for a few years it could add time to their AP. It all depends on what Country they lived in. Say the person lived in Iran for a few years where US relations are very poor that person could spend more time in AP.

The bottom line is the AP process is kept a secret by the embassy's. Islamabad's AP could be considered the longest in the world. I feel sorry for anybody trying to get a visa from that embassy. My husband is here after almost 5 years of dealing with them. They made a mistake and denied our visa saying we were not legally married in Pakistan. Their mistake cost time and money to hire a lawyer to research our marriage and file an appeal. After we won our appeal with USCIS our case was sent back to the embassy where we spent almost 2 years before they issued his visa. I think they were angry they had to issue the visa because the visa was only good for 1 month not the normal 6 months. They did not ask my husband if he could arrive in 1 month they just issued the visa. Thank God his father was able to come up with the money for the plane ticket.

Yes I know of cases where they have run background checks on the petitioner. My case is an example. The embassy asked my husband during one of his interviews if my ex-husband lived with me because his name was on the title/deed of my house. How would the embassy know this unless they had done a background check on me? I know of another case where the visa was denied because of information the embassy found on the petitioner. I am not free to discuss the details because it was told to me and I have to respect the persons privacy.

I can't really comment on your other question because it depends on the individual case. If a person has lived outside of Pakistan for a few years it could add time to their AP. It all depends on what Country they lived in. Say the person lived in Iran for a few years where US relations are very poor that person could spend more time in AP.

The bottom line is the AP process is kept a secret by the embassy's. Islamabad's AP could be considered the longest in the world. I feel sorry for anybody trying to get a visa from that embassy. My husband is here after almost 5 years of dealing with them. They made a mistake and denied our visa saying we were not legally married in Pakistan. Their mistake cost time and money to hire a lawyer to research our marriage and file an appeal. After we won our appeal with USCIS our case was sent back to the embassy where we spent almost 2 years before they issued his visa. I think they were angry they had to issue the visa because the visa was only good for 1 month not the normal 6 months. They did not ask my husband if he could arrive in 1 month they just issued the visa. Thank God his father was able to come up with the money for the plane ticket.

thanks for ur reply. well in my case, my mother is the petitioner so i am hoping there wont be any particular checks since mother relation is nothing like any other relationships.

hmm and you are right on the fact that if a person lived in which particular country and it will change situations. hoping all the best for me insha'allah

I am sorry to hear about ur long delay and mistake story. i salute ur courageousness. stories like such gives hope i guess to ppl here and thanks for sharing them

Timeline

i read in one of post here in forum that embassy ask that person that if he did nt hear from embassy with in 6 month then he contact again with them, so why this is not stand with every one, going out of pakistan for 15 days , i know this will make little longer in my a but i have reason as i am going for my personal , but nor embassy contactt me before that neither they touch our case . i feel this doesent care if i go out again for a month as i have my passport in my hand. any advice.

Timeline

Aisha,

Enjoy your trip. You are free to travel as long as you have your passport. Check your emails and ceac each day if possible. Try to write down when you took your trip, how long you stayed and for what reason you went. The embassy may ask about your trip once they are ready to have you come in for an interview and look at your passport.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I can't really comment on your other question because it depends on the individual case. If a person has lived outside of Pakistan for a few years it could add time to their AP. It all depends on what Country they lived in. Say the person lived in Iran for a few years where US relations are very poor that person could sphuend more time in AP.

In our case I thought after being in ap for 15 months they had done enough background checks, but for our surprise we had a visit from homeland security, I was at work that day so they questioned him. I knew that some how they would contact me, and yes they did they called me at work. I had to meet an fbi agent and someone from homeland security. There were only 2 question s asked about our relationship, the rest was mainly about my ex. They also asked me who does the house where we live in belong to, they already knew it was on my ex and my name wanted to see what was my response.

K-1 I-129F Sent : 2012-04-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-05-03

I-129F RFE(s) :NONE!!! Praise GOD!!

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-11-07

NVC Received : 2012-11-13

NVC Left : 2012-11-28

Consulate Received : 2012-12-03

Packet 3 Received : 2012-12-05

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-12-15

Packet 4 Received : 2012-12-20

Interview Date : 2013-01-18

Interview Result : Administrative Review

2013-11-20 Embassy requested new medical, pictures and DS160.2014-02-24 Fingerprints and Oath (But was told AP was still in place).Ceac Status:2014-03-06 Creation date changed and also changed from immigrant to non-immigrant.2014-04-08 and 2014-04-11

Status Updates 2014-04-15 "ISSUED" To God be the glory!!!

2014-04-19 Visa in hand.2014-04-21

POE 2014-06-01 Married!

AOS 2014-07-19 AOS/EAD/AP

Mailed 2014-07-21

NOA 12014-08-18

Biometrics 2014-09-23

EAD/AP Combo Card Received2015-01-03

Received Potencial Interview Waiver Notice2015-05-01

Submitted Service Request2015-05-08 Reponse to Service Request "File is in transit to Washington District office 2015-05-19"

Mailed Renewal of EAD/AP2015-05-26

USCIS Received EAD/AP Applications 2015-06-04

NOA 1 & Biometrics Appointment 2015-06-17

Biometrics 2015-06-09 2nd Service Request (No answer)

2015-07-10 Status of EAD/AP Changed to "Card in production"2015-07-10

3rd Service Request 2015-07-17

Received EAD 2015-07-21

2016-24-07 Still Waiting!!! 2 YEARS!!!!No interview, No Greencard

Timeline

Aisha,

Enjoy your trip. You are free to travel as long as you have your passport. Check your emails and ceac each day if possible. Try to write down when you took your trip, how long you stayed and for what reason you went. The embassy may ask about your trip once they are ready to have you come in for an interview and look at your passport.

Thanks Carolyn i was with my husband yes send email and i check ceac web site and we write down about our trip how long we stay and reason with pic , but unfortunately they nor read neither reply . No status update since 12 march. i am worried why they didnt reply now its 5 months since they trun refuse to ap , when ever i call them during refuse status they told me you are in ap not refuse. By this it mean 10 months in ap. Stil waiting.

Timeline

I saw on VJ many people got interviewed on 1st August, 2013...Can I know who are friend VJs interviewed on same date with me on 01.Aug.2013 ?

Timeline

Dear All VJs who got visas and who are to be received sooner...Plz note that from 1st June, 2014, Govt of Pakistan & WHO have strictly instructed to all travellers to get their Polio vaccine done at least 4 weeks prior to departure. Plz note it and make it done to avoid any serious inconvenience at Air Ports or being awaited in long queues...Thanks Ali

Edited by AaliPDX

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I saw on VJ many people got interviewed on 1st August, 2013...Can I know who are friend VJs interviewed on same date with me on 01.Aug.2013 ?

I am Here My Friend.....

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dear no body ask me about polio certificate...not in lahore and not in manchester and also not in new york...poe was very easy immigration just ask mom and dad name and my height and give me my passport back in 15 m>nutes

Dear All VJs who got visas and who are to be received sooner...Plz note that from 1st June, 2014, Govt of Pakistan & WHO have strictly instructed to all travellers to get their Polio vaccine done at least 4 weeks prior to departure. Plz note it and make it done to avoid any serious inconvenience at Air Ports or being awaited in long queues...Thanks Ali

Got ds 3032 :23 March 2010

Interview : 09-09-2010 Result :Administrative Processing

In december 2010 priority dates retrogessed and wait priority date current again in

MARCH 2012 2nd

Medical submit :07 March 2012 Result :Administrative Processing

3rd Medical submit :28th Feb 2013 Result Administrative Processing

4th Medical submit :26th Feb 2014 Result :Got email reply from embassy that they will call me for finger prints and oath ..and still waiting Got call for finger prints and oath

on 12th MAY Went for finger prints and oath :21th May Result :ApprovedVisa Issued :22.05.2014

visa Issued Today after 3 years 8 months and 13 days

Green Card fee paid : 05/06/2014

Poe :17/06/2014

Ssn Received :27-06-2014

Green Card Produced and Mailed :07/22/2014

Got 10 YEAR Green Card :25/07/2014

Citizenship

Event                                Date

Service Center :             Online

CIS Office :                     New York City NY

Date Filed :                     2019-12-21

NOA Date :                     2019-12-28

Bio. Appt. :                     2020-01-06

Interview Date :            2021-03-25

Approved :                     2021-11-03

Oath Ceremony :          2021-11-19

Timeline

Dear no body ask me about polio certificate...not in lahore and not in manchester and also not in new york...poe was very easy immigration just ask mom and dad name and my height and give me my passport back in 15 m>nutes

Thanks soc.player for your info...I got this news recently so would like to share with all VJs to draw every one's attention towards this matter arising in future especially for Pakistanis.

Thanks once again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.