TBoneTX

New Islamabad AP-Tracker, Part II

5,188 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So today after reading blogs for one year, Finally I decided to join as member and spill, share my thoughts and share my frustration about this miserable pathetic dark HOLE OF AP.

I feel your frustration and empathize with you...many on this forum are in the same situation. My petition started in 2011 and after everything my husband and I have been through I have seriously lost faith in the US governement. I am a USC and they are treating me worse than they would a criminal...its disgusting.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

It is absolutely discrimination. As a USC it is automatically considered fraud. I know this because the embassy returned paperwork from USCIS to my husband which they were not supposed to. In it were things like a Suspect Marriage Referral sheet which was a checklsit for determining marriage fraud and paperwork that said Do Not Release with FOIA. Even though I have never been in trouble with the law and I have been a good citizen suddenly I am out to defraud the government. I am absolutely disgusted with this whole process.

Interesting that the paper stated : Do not release with FOIA. That sounds like they went against the FOIA law to with hold information.

What an insanity.

The entire AP abyss shrouded in a veil of mystery is something that needs to be changed by congress. It is pure backward insanity.

To give the excuse that due to security reasons the AP process can't be made more transparent with decent process information and in a

timely manner is absolutely ridiculous. This legal immigration system for many is more than just broken, it is a national embarrassment.

No other country does this and it is about time to have checks and balances in place for people and agencies handling these cases

with unreasonable discretionary powers that should not go unchecked. Rogue individuals/agencies who can't seem to get their mess together

and work like a well oiled wheel, no they have to sputter along disconnected from each other, one agency not knowing what the other one does, fragmented and dissected cases rot in an endless container soup called AP. More than 6-9 months is not necessary for background checks. Why the heck is this not changing. Not a popular talking point with politicians as it does not bring in votes I guess. What a cluster fest. Cheers !

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello to all Petitioner and Beneficiaries suffering in AP like me.

For the last one year since March 2013, every day after coming from work, I have been reading miserable, frustrated feelings about AP on this site. My wife had an interview in March 2013 and since then our case is in AP. After interview VO gave my wife a green paper and told her case needed AP and told her usually AP takes few week or couple of months for processing, no documents were requested after interview or to date..

That few weeks turned into months and months into year. One of my State Senator has written twice to Islamabad US Embassy and in return received familiar answer/reply COPY and PASTE Islamabad US Embassy is famous for.

We all know at the end of the interview VO is the Judge, Jewry, Prosecutor, Physiatrist, CT scan machine, MRI machine. After interview VO even can see with his or her FOXY eyes. What interviewer had eaten in breakfast before coming to Embassy for interview ?

Bottom line is this, AP discretionary power given to VO are being abused right and left by US Embassies all over the world. I dont know who is ultimately responsible for AP processing. BUT it should not take months and months for processing. Islamabad US Embassy staff and people responsible to complete AP process in US are not living in Stone Age. I believe people migrating or coming for visit to US. They should be thoroughly checked for background and other irregularities in the case. But this AP process should not take months for processing. It should be completed in timely manner.

My last update was in Sept. 2013 and now couple of days ago on March 14, 2014 case was updated own its own. It is totally unfair to have our case month after month in AP. We have not committed any crime or broken any law. Being US citizen or Green card holder it is our right by law to file case for wife, husband, children and immediate family member to come and join us in USA. Yes, there is age difference between us. So what!. There is no law on US books against it. Which bars that you cant get married and file case for your spouse to migrate US.

The way Islamabad US Embassy is handling AP is totally pathetic to say the least. The other re-course we have to sue the US government in Federal court. For which attorney charge thousands of dollars. I have consulted with immigration attorney and was suggested to wait another 6 months and then case can be filed in US Federal court.

So today after reading blogs for one year, Finally I decided to join as member and spill, share my thoughts and share my frustration about this miserable pathetic dark HOLE OF AP.

Hahhahahahhaha the only thing i can say that the words that you kept all along with you for thia whole time you spit it out here salute you brother.... But the fact is we can just pray..... Still i got no update today either.... :'(

Service Center : California Service Center Case Updation:

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan 4 feb: Interview
Marriage : 2013-04-13 5 feb: updated
I-130 Sent : 2013-05-02 8 feb: updated
I-130 NOA1 : 2013-05-07 10 feb: updated
I-130 Approved : 2013-08-14 11 feb: updated
NVC Received : 2013-09-23 12 feb: updated
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2013-09-24 19 feb: updated
Pay I-864 Bill: 2013-09-24 03 march: updated
Receive I-864 Package : 2013-09-25 09 march: updated

Return Completed I-864 : 2013-10-02 14 march: updated

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2013-11-13 1 time updated in april also but do not remeber the date
Receive IV Bill : 2013-10-21 03 may: updated (because of email)
Pay IV Bill : 2013-10-22 29 may: updated (because of email)
Case Completed at NVC : 2013-12-19 02 june: updated

Consulate Received : 2013-09-19 03 june: updated
Packet 4 Received : 2013-12-27 05 june: updated
Interview Date : 2014-02-04 10 june: updated
Interview Result : Administrative Review 09 July: updated

02 Dec: updated (becuase of email)

10 Dec: updated

29 Dec: status updated to EXPIRING SOON

07 Jan: status changed to AP

09 Jan: updated

15 Jan: updated

17 Feb: updated

18 Feb: updated

20 Feb: updated

02 Mar: updated (received the email from embassy requesting medical, 2 photos and ds260)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Yarm24 I am so sorry to hear about your case. 6 years is a big time. But we also filed almost 4 years ago. Men, women all are in AP. I know the term "RED FLAG" is only in our brains, there is no such thing as red flag because discrimination is taboo in the US society. Maybe its hatred against us that is why we have to spend that much time in AP.

You are wrong. Age difference discrimination ( woman older than the man) is very real in immigration decisions and a guideline to

look deeper. RED FLAGS do exist and I guess you have never seen a fraud indicator sheet.

It may be taboo in the US but it is NOT taboo for the CO to consider why a young man would want to marry an older USC woman if he would never marry an older woman of his own nationality and in his own country, especially if she is no longer of child bearing age.

If in a certain culture or country it is not customary to marry an older woman then it can be an indicator of fraud, meaning the beneficiary

uses an older vulnerable woman as an immigration benefit. It happens. Should it be an indicator ? Not in my opinion but the fact remains

it is used as one of several fraud indicators.

AP has nothing to do with hate, it has to do with incompetent processing and the absence of

an efficient system of completing background checks. It has to do with the absence of someone in leadership position bringing this to the attention of the entity that could implement change.

Everyone just clocks in and out of their job inside their box, then goes home to their own

families without thinking what the effects of torn apart families really are and how it could be a better process, still secure but efficient and timely

and I bet less costly for tax payers.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You are wrong. Age difference discrimination ( woman older than the man) is very real in immigration decisions and a guideline to

look deeper. RED FLAGS do exist and I guess you have never seen a fraud indicator sheet.

It may be taboo in the US but it is NOT taboo for the CO to consider why a young man would want to marry an older USC woman if he would never marry an older woman of his own nationality and in his own country, especially if she is no longer of child bearing age.

If in a certain culture or country it is not customary to marry an older woman then it can be an indicator of fraud, meaning the beneficiary

uses an older vulnerable woman as an immigration benefit. It happens. Should it be an indicator ? Not in my opinion but the fact remains

it is used as one of several fraud indicators.

AP has nothing to do with hate, it has to do with incompetent processing and the absence of

an efficient system of completing background checks. It has to do with the absence of someone in leadership position bringing this to the attention of the entity that could implement change.

Everyone just clocks in and out of their job inside their box, then goes home to their own

families without thinking what the effects of torn apart families really are and how it could be a better process, still secure but efficient and timely

and I bet less costly for tax payers.

This is 100% correct

Timeline

Interesting that the paper stated : Do not release with FOIA. That sounds like they went against the FOIA law to with hold information.

What an insanity.

I know...isn't it ridiculous? Here we have FOIA, but its still up to the government what they will and won't release? What is the point of having it then? After going through this ridiculous process I now understand why people come in illegally and just wait it out for an amnesty. Here we are trying to do this the legal way and we are getting screwed.

Timeline

Yes it is a red flag and I have the paperwork to prove it. When I started this process I was 37 years old, still within child bearing years and my attorney told me this process takes about 8-10 months. Here we are 3 years later and I am now 40 so the child issue is starting to become a reality. My husband and I do want to have children, but now I am getting to the point where its risky. Still my husband says, if we don't have children then that is what Allah has intended for us. He says, even if he married a younger woman, there is no guarentee of children because he has family members that were married young and never had children. Although I am grateful he has this outlook, it still weighs heavily on me and I don't think its right to deny him children. All I can do is pray and hope this nightmare ends soon, but that is looking less likely with the latest round of "we are messing with your case and not going to tell you what is going on".

Timeline

Anyone got any update today?

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2013-11-13 1 time updated in april also but do not remeber the date

02 Mar: updated (received the email from embassy requesting medical, 2 photos and ds260)

Filed: Timeline

I feel your frustration and empathize with you...many on this forum are in the same situation. My petition started in 2011 and after everything my husband and I have been through I have seriously lost faith in the US governement. I am a USC and they are treating me worse than they would a criminal...its disgusting.

janet , sorry to hear about you , but Mix couple is serious Red Flag , i don't blame embassy there is alot of scams going on and they deal with them on daily basis , alot of cases i know personally .

if you are able to prove your self then for sure they will issue you visa but it will take how much time no one can predict , if your husband was British or Canadian citizen things would be different . the problem is not your marriage , problem is "Pakistan"

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

no update

Got ds 3032 :23 March 2010

Interview : 09-09-2010 Result :Administrative Processing

In december 2010 priority dates retrogessed and wait priority date current again in

MARCH 2012 2nd

Medical submit :07 March 2012 Result :Administrative Processing

3rd Medical submit :28th Feb 2013 Result Administrative Processing

4th Medical submit :26th Feb 2014 Result :Got email reply from embassy that they will call me for finger prints and oath ..and still waiting Got call for finger prints and oath

on 12th MAY Went for finger prints and oath :21th May Result :ApprovedVisa Issued :22.05.2014

visa Issued Today after 3 years 8 months and 13 days

Green Card fee paid : 05/06/2014

Poe :17/06/2014

Ssn Received :27-06-2014

Green Card Produced and Mailed :07/22/2014

Got 10 YEAR Green Card :25/07/2014

Citizenship

Event                                Date

Service Center :             Online

CIS Office :                     New York City NY

Date Filed :                     2019-12-21

NOA Date :                     2019-12-28

Bio. Appt. :                     2020-01-06

Interview Date :            2021-03-25

Approved :                     2021-11-03

Oath Ceremony :          2021-11-19

Timeline

cray5ol.gifcray5ol.gifcray5ol.gif

Timeline

i dont think so they will issue visa to anybody this month considering the situation

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.