TBoneTX

New Islamabad AP-Tracker, Part II

5,188 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yarm24 I am so sorry to hear about your case. 6 years is a big time. But we also filed almost 4 years ago. Men, women all are in AP. I know the term "RED FLAG" is only in our brains, there is no such thing as red flag because discrimination is taboo in the US society. Maybe its hatred against us that is why we have to spend that much time in AP.

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks to God. One of our three family member today got his status changed to Issued after 7 months of AP. Now waiting for ours. :-)

And on a side note, guys don't blame the Embassy. It's not their fault. AP is not pending processing by Embassy and they are doing jobs their too, so have to abide policies they are instructed to. Just pray and chill.

Timeline

Thanks to God. One of our three family member today got his status changed to Issued after 7 months of AP. Now waiting for ours. :-)

And on a side note, guys don't blame the Embassy. It's not their fault. AP is not pending processing by Embassy and they are doing jobs their too, so have to abide policies they are instructed to. Just pray and chill.

When was your interview?

You guys thinks its good sign to update case 3 times this month just like i got update in my case 3 times today 6 ...7 .. and today 17 mrch so hope next is issuse or ready inshallah please praying for me guys please everyone i praying for everyone always

thanks

Timeline

I personally feel, there is some element of DISCRIMINATION in visa issuance. You all guys know that investigations, background checks and all such sort of things dont require that much time which US Embassy is generally posing, it takes.

If you would have got married with someoen from Europe including United Kingdom, you wont need to wait that much to live with your loved ones. I know, literally uneducated people getting UK visas after they got married with a UK citizen and they cant even speak a single word of English. I dont understand American systems as whole of South America is living in the United States illegally whereas those who want to enter US legally and would help US society are stuck in AP.

If someone applies for a visitor's visa and is denied on the grounds that he/she has intentions to stay in the US permenantly, we can understand that. In order to get a US visitor's visa he/she needs to prove unbreakable ties with his native country.

However when someone gets married with an American citizen, that presumption is rebutted and there is no doubt that he/she would want to live in the US permenantly with his/her spouse.

Now US Government has made some requirements like proving marriage is bona fide, affidavit of support, interview etc to get a visa.

I am amazed that even someone fulfils these requirements, US Embassy doesnt give them visa and screw their lives in the name of Administrative Processing which is like PINCHING us.

It is absolutely discrimination. As a USC it is automatically considered fraud. I know this because the embassy returned paperwork from USCIS to my husband which they were not supposed to. In it were things like a Suspect Marriage Referral sheet which was a checklsit for determining marriage fraud and paperwork that said Do Not Release with FOIA. Even though I have never been in trouble with the law and I have been a good citizen suddenly I am out to defraud the government. I am absolutely disgusted with this whole process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

... i dont agree with u ..usa embassy is not working hard ..thy send us interview letter and give us hope of visa but after interview no visa they put us in AP .if pakistani peoples are fraud then why other countries and europe do this for pakistani.. why they give visa easily as compared to america .. usa embassy process omg too much difficult to get usa visa ..u.sa embassy think pakistani people will be fraud for them but why other countries dnt think that..

the unfortunate thing about Pakistan is record keeping isn't very good. When people are put in AP it is difficult to verify things because of the poor record keeping in your country. I understand what it's like to be placed in AP, my husband had it in Amman, although his AP was only 10 weeks , it was still difficult, the not knowing, the separation. As difficult as it is try not to let it ruin your relationship, remember why you got married...because you love each other. It's hard to lose site of the big picture with all the waiting and stress involved in the process. I wish you all the best and truly hope and pray that an end to all of those in AP is near.

Edited by mimolicious

Timeline

Mind you, in the US not a single person is discriminated on the basis of age, color, sex, race, ethnic origin or disability. Honestly I was very much amazed when I read on this forum that age difference is a RED FLAG for immigration to the US. Does that make any sense? Of course not.

Age difference is the top reason on the "Suspect Marriage Referral Sheet"

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Age difference like how much age difference? As one of my friends whose husband is 15 years elder than her got visa on the spot and her case was not put in AP!!!

It is absolutely discrimination. As a USC it is automatically considered fraud. I know this because the embassy returned paperwork from USCIS to my husband which they were not supposed to. In it were things like a Suspect Marriage Referral sheet which was a checklsit for determining marriage fraud and paperwork that said Do Not Release with FOIA. Even though I have never been in trouble with the law and I have been a good citizen sudenly sI am out to defraud the government. I am absolutely disgusted with this whole process.

Hi janetusman,

Sorry to know but is this the reason they give you for sending the case back ?

Timeline

Age difference like how much age difference? As one of my friends whose husband is 15 years elder than her got visa on the spot and her case was not put in AP!!!

All it says is large age difference (wife older by several years). So I guess its ok if the guy is older.

Timeline

Hi janetusman,

Sorry to know but is this the reason they give you for sending the case back ?

They did not give me a reason. The embassy said that USCIS requested the file back and they do not know why. I found out through my congressman that it was requested back by the San Francisco field office. Which makes no sense at all because if it was being sent back for revocation it would be going back to the California service center. Additionally, if they are doing a field investigation on me, why wouldn't they send it back to the local field office in my city? My congressman inquired at the field office, but they claim they have to wait for the file to return to them to tell them why they requested it back...which I have a hard time believing that their office requested the file back and they don't know why.

Timeline

Hello to all Petitioner and Beneficiaries suffering in AP like me.

For the last one year since March 2013, every day after coming from work, I have been reading miserable, frustrated feelings about AP on this site. My wife had an interview in March 2013 and since then our case is in AP. After interview VO gave my wife a green paper and told her case needed AP and told her usually AP takes few week or couple of months for processing, no documents were requested after interview or to date..

That few weeks turned into months and months into year. One of my State Senator has written twice to Islamabad US Embassy and in return received familiar answer/reply COPY and PASTE Islamabad US Embassy is famous for.

We all know at the end of the interview VO is the Judge, Jewry, Prosecutor, Physiatrist, CT scan machine, MRI machine. After interview VO even can see with his or her FOXY eyes. What interviewer had eaten in breakfast before coming to Embassy for interview ?

Bottom line is this, AP discretionary power given to VO are being abused right and left by US Embassies all over the world. I don’t know who is ultimately responsible for AP processing. BUT it should not take months and months for processing. Islamabad US Embassy staff and people responsible to complete AP process in US are not living in Stone Age. I believe people migrating or coming for visit to US. They should be thoroughly checked for background and other irregularities in the case. But this AP process should not take months for processing. It should be completed in timely manner.

My last update was in Sept. 2013 and now couple of days ago on March 14, 2014 case was updated own its own. It is totally unfair to have our case month after month in AP. We have not committed any crime or broken any law. Being US citizen or Green card holder it is our right by law to file case for wife, husband, children and immediate family member to come and join us in USA. Yes, there is age difference between us. So what!. There is no law on US books against it. Which bars that you can’t get married and file case for your spouse to migrate US.

The way Islamabad US Embassy is handling AP is totally pathetic to say the least. The other re-course we have to sue the US government in Federal court. For which attorney charge thousands of dollars. I have consulted with immigration attorney and was suggested to wait another 6 months and then case can be filed in US Federal court.

So today after reading blogs for one year, Finally I decided to join as member and spill, share my thoughts and share my frustration about this miserable pathetic dark HOLE OF AP.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.