TBoneTX

New Islamabad AP-Tracker, Part II

5,188 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi VJ members. I emailed the embassy last night to tell them that Its been 1 year complete of my interview but they did not respond back to me. However, they did update on ceac website my case status date to March 06, 2014 and they changed my status to EXPIRING SOON. Does anyone know what that means? Has anyone faced this before. I was really freaked our and I called NVC waited for an hour to speak to them. A lady finally answered the call but she was not helpful at all. I asked about our case but she said that the case is in administrative process. I told her about the status saying expiring soon but the rep told me that she doesn't know what the Embassy means by expiring soon. I asked her if embassy requested anything and she said no. NVC is not helpful at all. Its just useless calling them. Any ideas?? Our medical expired Feb 19, 2014. Embassy never requested medical or anything. unsure.pnghelpsmilie.gif

U.S. Department of State
IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Expiring Soon
Immigrant Visa Case Number: ISLXXXXXXXXXX 01 ISL Case Creation Date: 28-Dec-2012 Status Updated Date: 06-Mar-2014
Section 203(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act requires that your registration be canceled and any petition approved on your behalf canceled, if you do not apply for your immigrant visa within one year of being advised to do so.

You were advised of this requirement over 1 year ago, but we have not received a response from you since then. As a result, your application for a visa has been canceled and any petition approved on your behalf has also been canceled.

Your application may be reinstated and any petition revalidated if, within one year, you can establish that your failure to pursue your immigrant visa application was due to circumstances beyond your control. Please provide a written statement to the Embassy or Consulate outlining the circumstances beyond your control and noting that you still wish to pursue this visa petition.
Edited by mizzUsa

Timeline

Its not a big deal, most probably your medical is now expired. just send them an email and explain your situation.

Hi VJ members. I emailed the embassy last night to tell them that Its been 1 year complete of my interview but they did not respond back to me. However, they did update on ceac website my case status date to March 06, 2014 and they changed my status to EXPIRING SOON. Does anyone know what that means? Has anyone faced this before. I was really freaked our and I called NVC waited for an hour to speak to them. A lady finally answered the call but she was not helpful at all. I asked about our case but she said that the case is in administrative process. I told her about the status saying expiring soon but the rep told me that she doesn't know what the Embassy means by expiring soon. I asked her if embassy requested anything and she said no. NVC is not helpful at all. Its just useless calling them. Any ideas?? Our medical expired Feb 19, 2014. Embassy never requested medical or anything. unsure.pnghelpsmilie.gif

U.S. Department of State
IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Expiring Soon
Immigrant Visa Case Number: ISLXXXXXXXXXX 01 ISL Case Creation Date: 28-Dec-2012 Status Updated Date: 06-Mar-2014
Section 203(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act requires that your registration be canceled and any petition approved on your behalf canceled, if you do not apply for your immigrant visa within one year of being advised to do so.

You were advised of this requirement over 1 year ago, but we have not received a response from you since then. As a result, your application for a visa has been canceled and any petition approved on your behalf has also been canceled.

Your application may be reinstated and any petition revalidated if, within one year, you can establish that your failure to pursue your immigrant visa application was due to circumstances beyond your control. Please provide a written statement to the Embassy or Consulate outlining the circumstances beyond your control and noting that you still wish to pursue this visa petition.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Soccer.player,

that is good smile.png you should hear a good news soon. good luck. DId the embassy asked for new documents on thier own? or you asked on yourself to submit new documents?

Hi Janetusman,

Sorry to know that your case if sent back for revocation, did the embassy tell you about this?

Hi Asad381,

congrates on your visa smile.png pray for all others.

themechanic Thx ...i send them email asking about my case status and they write in reply send us required documents and i send them ds260 and 2 photo's and fresh medical on 26th Feb and they got on 27th Feb . Then i send them another email with attachments of American express slip and ds260 confirmation page and i got reply on 3rd march .

Thank you for your email.

We have received the provided document/information, subsequent appointment will be given to appear for the oath & fingerprints, to our office. Similarly, we will make contact accordingly.

Sincerely,

IV Unit, Consular Section,

US Embassy, Islamabad.

KA02

now i am waiting for appoinment from embassy ...pray for me All Vj Friends...

Got ds 3032 :23 March 2010

Interview : 09-09-2010 Result :Administrative Processing

In december 2010 priority dates retrogessed and wait priority date current again in

MARCH 2012 2nd

Medical submit :07 March 2012 Result :Administrative Processing

3rd Medical submit :28th Feb 2013 Result Administrative Processing

4th Medical submit :26th Feb 2014 Result :Got email reply from embassy that they will call me for finger prints and oath ..and still waiting Got call for finger prints and oath

on 12th MAY Went for finger prints and oath :21th May Result :ApprovedVisa Issued :22.05.2014

visa Issued Today after 3 years 8 months and 13 days

Green Card fee paid : 05/06/2014

Poe :17/06/2014

Ssn Received :27-06-2014

Green Card Produced and Mailed :07/22/2014

Got 10 YEAR Green Card :25/07/2014

Citizenship

Event                                Date

Service Center :             Online

CIS Office :                     New York City NY

Date Filed :                     2019-12-21

NOA Date :                     2019-12-28

Bio. Appt. :                     2020-01-06

Interview Date :            2021-03-25

Approved :                     2021-11-03

Oath Ceremony :          2021-11-19

Timeline

Congrats to all who got their visas within past few days specially heartly warmly congrats to LAgirl29 + Rocky746 + Asad Sahib ...Mabrook Qalbi'e.

May Allah bless you!dancin5hr.gif idea9dv.gif dancin5hr.gif

regards

ALI & SANDRA

Timeline

can u tell me one thing ..how many times did u e mail or call to embassy or nvc?

yes tarasara during ap I called about 5 times to dos and 1 time to Nvc and send 10 emails to embessy.

Timeline

Asad bhai mubarik ho visa ki ab ap visa ke bad magroor na ho jana lols sab k questions ke answer dey ke gaib hona yahan se...

khair Mubarak Cinderella, Allah na karay k m mughroor ho jaon kabi b nae vj fellows ne mujhay bout encourage kiya ab mera b farz hai k main b is main shamil rahon inshallah

Congrats to all who got their visas within past few days specially heartly warmly congrats to LAgirl29 + Rocky746 + Asad Sahib ...Mabrook Qalbi'e.

May Allah bless you!dancin5hr.gif idea9dv.gif dancin5hr.gif

regards

ALI & SANDRA

thank you so much Ali n Sandra

Timeline

themechanic Thx ...i send them email asking about my case status and they write in reply send us required documents and i send them ds260 and 2 photo's and fresh medical on 26th Feb and they got on 27th Feb . Then i send them another email with attachments of American express slip and ds260 confirmation page and i got reply on 3rd march .

Thank you for your email.

We have received the provided document/information, subsequent appointment will be given to appear for the oath & fingerprints, to our office. Similarly, we will make contact accordingly.

Sincerely,

IV Unit, Consular Section,

US Embassy, Islamabad.

KA02

now i am waiting for appoinment from embassy ...pray for me All Vj Friends...

dont worry ur visa is ready inshallah.

Timeline

Thanks Asad...I was getting confused about it because we are in AP for about 8 months now and embassy never asked us anything else apart of what we submitted at the time of interview where as we read here time to time that embassy asked several applicants new medical after 6 months while they were in AP.

by the way ... thanks for your precious information sharing...have an awesome life ahead, we pray.

regards, ALI & SANDRA

Timeline

Thanks Asad...I was getting confused about it because we are in AP for about 8 months now and embassy never asked us anything else apart of what we submitted at the time of interview where as we read here time to time that embassy asked several applicants new medical after 6 months while they were in AP.

by the way ... thanks for your precious information sharing...have an awesome life ahead, we pray.

regards, ALI & SANDRA

dont worry Ali they will contact you when they require fresh doc from you, they ask for new doc from me during 13th month of ap, some times they ask earlier then that when ur visa is ready.

Timeline

Aisha...I see in your timeline says at the time of interview your visa was denied. Have you been reaffirmed and had a second interview? What is your current status?

Yes we are reaffirmed and waiting for my second interview, currently we are in AP since now more then 7 months and still waiting for embassy to contact me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.