Zentastic

K1 Visa: In Review. Some questions...

23 posts in this topic

Be sure you pull down the IV menu choice and also put in not the AA number but the other case number, which for Thailand starts with BNK.

I made this mistake today!

Good suggestion

On Oct 29, my fiance completed her interview at the embassy in Manila. At which point she was told that her visa was 'In Review'. I have a few questions and concerns:

Is this "Administrative Processing"?

They kept her passport, is that normal?

I checked the CEAC site, and entered the AA#, at which point a page pops up saying "No Status". Is that normal as well? I would assume it would say "Administrative Processing" if that were the case.

I have called both the Embassy help line as well as DOS and could not really get any answers from either. Any help would be appreciated as to what exactly may or may not be going on, because a bit in the dark here.

Thanks!

Ari

Keep calling the embassy till you get someone who cares.

Edited by David & Zoila

No. The Officer told her nothing really, just to wait. Then she was called to a window 2-3 times, each time nothing was said to her. She was looked at, then they looked at the screen. Then she was told to go sit again and would be called. After a long wait, she was called once more and told that he visa was "In Review". And had to be sent to Washington. Pretty much it.

Needless to say, she called me crying. Thus prompting my call to both the Embassy and DOS. Which they really did not know what was going on. Except that the DOS guy said they should have never told her the "In Review" and left her hanging. Which made me laugh because he didn't clarify exactly what was going on either.

Many of the telephone persons have no idea what is going on. Most just answer based on written scripts.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

after the interview, if she's not approved yet, and say they have to review, embassy will probably take her passport, and after the review if she has missing something or are denied her passport will give back, after my interview before, i was told that my visa was approved which is written to my appointment letter after. but one of the girl there wasn't approved yet, and she was told that her documents are going to be reviewed first. so embassy people take her passport and wait for call to be approved. and after a 2days, the girl that i meet during interview been received a call and say, she was approved... its normal processing, just wait a little bit, i know how hard to wait... good luck guys!

Thank you for the information. Will just wait a few days and see. Since it wasn't even posted until Nov 19th. I figure that is when they actually received the file from the NVC and had a chance to review it. We jumped ahead a bit and scheduled her interview and medical last month. So am certain that may also be part of the problem, waiting for the file to catch up.

Timeline

Many of the telephone persons have no idea what is going on. Most just answer based on written scripts.

Figured that out as well. Since I talked to both someone at the embassy as well as someone at the DOS Visa help line, and specifically told both exactly what I was going. i.e. Going to the NIV CEAC page, putting in the location, as well as the AA#, and getting "No Status". And neither told me I should go to the IV page, and put in the MNL# (Manila Number) since it 'switched' over to the Immigration Visa at this point (or being processed as both).

That information I found out in this thread, and I must say this site, as well as the people on it have been far more helpful. Without both, would be clueless. Kuddos and thanks.

Timeline

Oh, just thought of one other thing that might be a possibility. We filed the DS-160, for the K1, that was the correct one to file yes? Not the DS-260?

Figured that out as well. Since I talked to both someone at the embassy as well as someone at the DOS Visa help line, and specifically told both exactly what I was going. i.e. Going to the NIV CEAC page, putting in the location, as well as the AA#, and getting "No Status". And neither told me I should go to the IV page, and put in the MNL# (Manila Number) since it 'switched' over to the Immigration Visa at this point (or being processed as both).

That information I found out in this thread, and I must say this site, as well as the people on it have been far more helpful. Without both, would be clueless. Kuddos and thanks.

You're very welcome. Glad you found this site because it saved me from going insane while I waited to pick up my wife in Manila. If I had depended on the government we would still be in the process. Just remember, there is light in the tunnel.

God Bless both of you

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Well it's just like an Administrative Processing but the messages you get thru CEAC is weird

I'm in AP for the past 6 months and so says the CEAC

I'd appreciate if you come back and tell us what's going on with your case

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.