Jeanna

Stepson's case updated in CEAC but not fiance's?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So I went onto the CEAC website again and my fiance's case still says last updated Nov. 7th. He turned in his and his son's passport on Nov. 12th.

When I click on the case id for his son, it says last updated Nov. 12th. I wonder if they didn't log my fiance's passport? Just another thing to stress about. I think I should email the embassy but I really don't like to contact them too often because I know it probably annoys them. Just want our case finished and the visa in his hand.

Any info is helpful. :)

"Verily, after hardship there is ease" Holy Qur'an 94:6

http://www.anaashad.blogspot.com

Timeline

I went ahead and emailed the embassy; last time when our packet didn't arrive I kept waiting to hear from them but as soon as I emailed, bam! We got packets and an appointment date. I'll update here if they tell me it's nothing to worry about for just one case to update and not both or, conversely, if there was an issue just in case any one else experiences it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have been checking my case status on the CEAC site as well and it has not been updated since friday....it was updated to ready on 11/14 and again on 11/15 and nothing today.

Timeline

Do you have a child travelling with you? Any difference between the two? It's always these small things that stymy us; if they just had one way things were done it would go a whole lot smoother.

Timeline

Yeah that's frustrating but my worry is that my soon to be stepson's case in the CEAC was "updated" on Nov. 12th while my fiance's was not. Both passports were turned in at that time. :(

Just wanna be sure they haven't misplaced a passport. I would not be suprised. :(

Timeline

Yeah that's frustrating but my worry is that my soon to be stepson's case in the CEAC was "updated" on Nov. 12th while my fiance's was not. Both passports were turned in at that time. sad.png

Just wanna be sure they haven't misplaced a passport. I would not be suprised. sad.png

When your fiance brought in the passports did they give him a green ticket stub? If so, a copy of the stub gets stapled to the passport.

Timeline

I asked him yesterday if they gave him anything and he said no, he just dropped it off. He said his name was on the list and they let him in and then he dropped it off with an American inside, not a Jamaican. According to him, it's only Americans who do the visa processing and he said Jamaicans are more support staff. I was surprised he didn't get some sort of paper or confirmation, though. Ahhhhh the stresss!

I'll ask him again; it might ease my mind a bit.

Timeline

I asked him yesterday if they gave him anything and he said no, he just dropped it off. He said his name was on the list and they let him in and then he dropped it off with an American inside, not a Jamaican. According to him, it's only Americans who do the visa processing and he said Jamaicans are more support staff. I was surprised he didn't get some sort of paper or confirmation, though. Ahhhhh the stresss!

I'll ask him again; it might ease my mind a bit

I know its easier said than done, but try not to stress yourself out. A trick my fiance came up with was he called DHL and somehow got them to track his passport by providing is passport number. They were able to confirm for him his passport was at the US embassy. The green stub was the process back in May. I'm not sure this is still the process, maybe someone who recently got their visa's through Kingston can comment.

Yes, I have heard visas are actually processed by Americans - usually retired military. This could be the reason for the lengthy AP. My guess, the jamaican support staff respond to emails. They get a an email, log into the case, see that it's still hasn't been updated and move on to the next. There is not physical checking of the file (i.e. asking who has the file if it is done going through AP). From what I learned from my experience, NVC would be the one's to notifiy the embassy, if a flag comes up in the American databases. If your fiance has a clean record, never been to US, then you will be fine. It just likeliy sitting on someone's desk waiting for them to process. I bet because your stepson is a minor not as many checks are required - the reason why his application is moving forward. They definitely could use some serious process improvements at the US embassies, but then again they probably keep it complicated so they can keep their jobs.

Edited by BeanCamp

Timeline

Yeah another VJer's fiance got a green stub in November. :( But my fiance said the day he was bringing in his passport a lot of other people were dropping off things and nobody had anything green. Maybe they were just bringing in proofs, though. Oh well, I emailed the embassy to check since they updated his son and not his on the 12th so God willing they will respond and put my mind at ease.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.